ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year was our first time CL and we did not use online check-in, as we had been instructed. We were excited about getting our ride over to Hawaii & checking in over there. Instead they grabbed us when we got off the bus and insisted that we check-in in the GCH because Hawaii was too busy. :guilty:

I'm hoping this year, again with no online check-in, might get the full CL experience!

There were so many families checking in the day we did that we were walked over to Hawaii. We didn't mind, since it gave the 2 year old a chance to burn off (aka: run) some excess energy from sitting through a plane and bus ride. Our check in still took place in Hawaii.

uagirl said:
There were so many families checking in the day we did that we were walked over to Hawaii. We didn't mind, since it gave the 2 year old a chance to burn off (aka: run) some excess energy from sitting through a plane and bus ride. Our check in still took place in Hawaii.

We were walked over as well. It was odd but hey, far be it from me to complain! :)

Doin' our single digit dance!! :banana:

Interesting, we are now within our 10 days. Last year people staying CL received an email from IPO telling them NOT to do online check-in (since for CL they want you to check in in Hawaii). For a while this year CL guests were getting an email telling them to use online check-in. But a few weeks ago we received instructions to check-in in Hawaii and have not received anything about online check-in since. I wonder if this was just an experiment and it didn't work out very well?

I'm so used to FB, that I forgot we can't "Like" here! :rotfl2: Can't wait to see your pictures--it was still looking lovely last week. :wave2:

I'm so used to FB, that I forgot we can't "Like" here! :rotfl2: Can't wait to see your pictures--it was still looking lovely last week. :wave2:

I find myself trying to "like" DIS posts too! :rotfl:
I will definitely be posting pictures on FB, and a few here too!

maiapapaya said:
I wouldn't have minded walking over, we love the grounds. I was mainly disappointed at not being able to check-in over in Hawaii.

Oh trust me, I'd be sorely disappointed. There's just something about checking in with the castle right there in the distance... :)

Just returned last night from our first time at the Poly, and we fell I love. Can't imagine staying anywhere after this!

Are there towels at the Polynesian pool? If not can you take ones from your room or should we bring some from home?
TIA.

Has the tikiman posted anything besides longhouse refurb dates on his FB page? I don't do FB, so I have to rely on his website and he hasn't updated in awhile! I thought I read that he does his annual pilgrimage to the Poly toward the end of September? Just curious about the rumored pool refurb/DVC/GCH construction. Anyone have any new info?

I have been lurking on the thread, but I missed a few weeks, and only read the last 4 or 5 pages, so sorry in advance if this question is beating a dead horse!

Has the tikiman posted anything besides longhouse refurb dates on his FB page? I don't do FB, so I have to rely on his website and he hasn't updated in awhile! I thought I read that he does his annual pilgrimage to the Poly toward the end of September? Just curious about the rumored pool refurb/DVC/GCH construction. Anyone have any new info?

I have been lurking on the thread, but I missed a few weeks, and only read the last 4 or 5 pages, so sorry in advance if this question is beating a dead horse!

I have been checking in with his site too. Nothing as of yet. He did give us some info when he was on the DISboards.

Im so excited, nervous, anxious, and worn out from packing and getting every thing ready today :rotfl:. We will be there tomorrow !!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow !!!!! I will take a bunch of pics to post. I love the Poly :lovestruc

Woohoo! We are at the airport, ready to go! First Poly stay for all of us and first Disney trip for DH and DS4! Let the magic begin! :)

AshleyGoldsmith said:
Just returned last night from our first time at the Poly, and we fell I love. Can't imagine staying anywhere after this!

I said the same thing after we stayed there last month. I love CR and AKV but the Poly was sooooo beautiful and relaxing. My dd fell in love too. We spent a whole day enjoying the pool and the grounds and went to the park at night. We lived everything about the place! Thank goodness for the AP discount. :)

I have been checking in with his site too. Nothing as of yet. He did give us some info when he was on the DISboards.

Was it just about the longhouse refurb schedule?

I have a room scheduled for 2 nights in June at the end of our trip, but it's tentative. My kids loved the Poly. I wasn't thrilled while we were there, but the Poly love has been creeping up on me! I blame all of you Poly freaks!:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter