ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

Wow, I love that view!!!! We always stay in Fiji with the lagoon view and love that because it's right next to the GCH, it looks like Samoa is also right next to the GCH. Is that correct?? The walk to the TTC does not bother us at all.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

i have a question. When i booked the CM told me when free dining comes out i have to upgrade to dining plus?? I don't have a problem with it just wondering how this works??

4. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

What's the best Lagoon View room on property? Thoughts? Suggestions? Not CL btw... TIA!:thumbsup2

5. hulagirl87

hulagirl87 DIS Veteran

OMG!!! I'm so excited. We were booked at the Art of Animation for DD's first trip in January, but with the Visa discount rates that came out yesterday we upgraded to the Polynesian for just $300 more than our package at AoA!!!!! I am so excited! It's my favorite resort and I love that we will be on the monorail! DH and I stayed there a few years ago and I wish that I had taken a picture of our room number because I would love to stay in that room again. I know we were in Aotearoa and had a view of the beach/castle. Any ideas what room numbers face that way? I'd love to put in a request for that!

Thanks to everyone for all the great pictures. It makes the wait slightly more bearable. :goodvibes

6. ljmclin

ljmclin Mouseketeer

I feel the same way!!! :rotfl2:

7. HeyIt'sMe

HeyIt'sMe Nothin' to see here folks

[​IMG]

This was the view from our 3rd floor room in Tokelau last year. I hope we get Tokelau again this year - it was perfect! Yes, we did get some rain in that vacation. Boo!

And I NEED this vacation --- there are major changes in the wind at work and things are going to get c-r-a-z-y!

8. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

You're welcome! And, yes, that is a standard GV room. If you request Samoa and you want "outdoor space" ask for 1st or 3rd floor since it's one of the longhouses with no second floor balconies.

Yes, if you walk out the back door of CC's Samoa is directly ahead on the right.

I was going to mention Fiji as well for jenniferma. In Fiji if you request the "marina side" this is the view from a standard GV room.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33712562&postcount=42

Fiji is literally a minute from the GCH and main pool. Although further from the TTC we have stayed on that side in Tuvalu and it's maybe a 10 minute walk. We find with the kids though we are mostly accessing transportation through the GCH, except for Epcot.

Congrats on being able to upgrade for such a great price! I can't help with your question, but on Tikiman's website I think he has diagrams with the layout/rooms in each longhouse?

9. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

We loved Tokelau too! Two years in a row having fabulous views!:goodvibes

10. zokaluse

zokaluse Mouseketeer

Wow what a fantastic thread! :yay:

We're staying at the Poly next May for our fist WDW visit ..me, DH2b (we're getting married on Siesta Key after Disney) DS 12 and DD 4 and this has us all excited with the lovely lovely photos THANKYOU!

Bit worried about the construction, but I will keep my eye on it nearer the time, and hope we don't have to change our booking as we really can't wait to stay here! :woohoo:

11. LucyBC80

LucyBC80 DIS Veteran

Posted this at the other thread before I saw this one.

I'm really considering changing my reservation from POFQ to Poly and the Stay/Dine/Play offer is tempting my pockets!

So here's my question:

How difficult is to request a Rarotonga room in February? My mom has a mobility issue and being this close to the bus stop and monorail would be extremely beneficial for us.

PS: I know request are just that and it might not be honored but it doesn't hurt to ask!

12. MindyLuvsMickey

MindyLuvsMickey DIS Veteran

63 days til check-in! Thanks for the new thread!!

13. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

Maybe have it noted on your reservation that a member of your party has a mobility issue. That may help you get your request. :confused3

14. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

3 more sleeps!!!

15. guitarob

guitarob Polynesian Obsessed

We're at 67!! It's so exciting!

You must be so happy!! You're going to have a great trip!! pixiedust:

16. AshleyGoldsmith

AshleyGoldsmith Earning My Ears

Checked in tonight at the Poly...staying in Samoa (where I requested). Got in late so only had time to sample Captain Cook's for a late dinner and buy an autograph book for DD (a must since we have breakfast reservations at 1900 Park Fare) and settle in our room. Eager to get up early tomorrow and explore! So happy to be in the happiest place in the world!

17. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Aloha! Have a wonderful time

18. MindyLuvsMickey

MindyLuvsMickey DIS Veteran

You check in the day we check out. Our stay is a short one this time :(

19. LisaKieb

LisaKieb Earning My Ears

Our first Disney family vacation is in just over a month. So excited!! Staying Poly CL. My last vacation to Disney World was in 1994 and we stayed off site.

20. cheryterese

cheryterese DIS Veteran

What a great thread! I'm so happy to have been directed to it! My family of 5 will be staying there for the first time next year and this will be my kids first resort experience as we have stayed off-site for our two previous trips. Can anyone tell me what room areas I should request - standard room with a patio/balcony that would be a good location with kids? Thanks!

And what about Club Level - worth it with the kids, food, etc.?

21. stm61

stm61 DIS Veteran

we loved CL when the kids were small. It was so easy to grab a soda instead of having to run all the way to the main building to Capt. Cook's. It made breakfast much easier- fruit, cereal, bagels, pastry, there was something for everyone. We didn't spend much time there during the day, but others have said they loved being able to grab cookies or crackers while the baby napped. We were usually in the parks during the evening service, unless it was in the winter when the parks closed early, so we never made a meal of it. It was definitely enough to keep the kids happy until we got them a full meal, and a few times we ended up just staying in because the kids got their snacks and fell asleep while we were getting ready to leave. It was really nice to be able to run down the hall for an adult beverage after the little ones were down for the night, or even just for a soda or hot drink. The kids liked to watch wishes from the CL on nights we got in early. It also gave the adults and teens a bit of a break to get away from the younger kids for a while. My sons would use the bathroom in the upper floor area of the lounge when their sisters were hogging the one in the room lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.