ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the new thread, Rob :goodvibes. We like trying new resorts, but the Poly is our fav and we are soooo excited to be going back "home" in July 2013 :yay:.

I just had to post in the new thread to say how excited I am to be going in 26 Days!!! For my first POLY CL stay! :lovestruc

I was wondering if you had any idea of the pricing for the poolside massages in the cabanas? That would be pretty luxurious! :)

Hope you have a great time and enjoy CL :wizard:. I can't help with the cost of the massages, but that does sound like a nice way to relax :cloud9:.

Just popping in to say....thanks for all your hard work Rob!:goodvibes. And oh yes..... 10 days to go!!!

10 days will go by before you know it.....have a great trip :dance3:.

We just upgraded yesterday to the Poly for our pre-cruise stay this month. Super excited!!!!

What a great combination ::yes::. We are staying at the Poly after our cruise in July 2103. Have a great cruise and enjoy your Poly stay :goodvibes.

Love the new thread. Thanks, Rob. So excited...just made reservations for Jan 27th arrival at the Poly!! yay. Excited to stay at the BWI in 25 days, but so happy to be coming home to the Poly!! now i have to figure out how to update my signature and get to the ADRs!!

We like trying other resorts and are always excited to go, but there's something about the Poly that makes it "home" for us too :goodvibes.

So, I've been reading and reading and trying to get through the old thread. But I know that is not going to happen by tomorrow which is our 10 day mark and we can do online check in. :banana:

We have a GV room booked, not CL. Is there any certain building we should request? We'd like to have a balcony and 2 sinks.

Thanks!!!

Yay! A new thread! Maybe this one will last the 228 days until our next trip. :rotfl2:

I actually do have a question regarding the cabana locations. If you are sitting at the cabana, are you still close to the pool and with a good view (I.e, being able to keep an eye on the kiddos in the pool)? TIA. :goodvibes

Yes. I prefer Mauna Kea for this, so I always get to the marina about 20-30 minutes early to claim it.

What a great job you do with this thread.

Think the poly will be our choice for our 18 day trip next July. I showed it to my 5 year old who thinks it looks like Lilo and stitchs house and bits out of his Indiana jones Lego wii game! So he is sold....

Only concern is the refurb rumours as this may be our one and only wdw trip ( however i said that about Disneyland Paris although it will be our 7th trip next month).

Thanks for helping me make a decision on hotels.

Wendy x

Awesome job Rob!!!!

Thanks for giving us a new, updated home! I can't wait for you to go and share your trip :)

Great job on the thread Rob. You ROCK :cool1:

So, I've been reading and reading and trying to get through the old thread. But I know that is not going to happen by tomorrow which is our 10 day mark and we can do online check in. :banana:

We have a GV room booked, not CL. Is there any certain building we should request? We'd like to have a balcony and 2 sinks.

Thanks!!!

I would suggest just requesting a balcony unless you have a preference for location....like near pool, near TTC, near GCH, etc. Garden views at Poly are really nice. Each longhouse has its own attributes and will give you a different "view" experience. You could get beautiful gardens, lagoon/beach, marina, monorail, pool, and even some obstructed lagoon/castle views.....all at garden price! Regarding the 2 sinks.....they are very hard to come by as currently there are only a few rooms in Rapa Nui and some in Tahiti with double sinks. We are a family of 4 and actually prefer the one sink as it makes for lots of counter space to spread out all of our crap. :rotfl:

On a side note.....Tikiman hinted on the "Magic" boards that the refurbishment of the rooms will include a completely new bathroom design/configuration with double sinks so I guess we will all have to stay tuned for the first pics sometime later in the fall popcorn::

Whoa, looks like I'm late for the party! Once again thanks for the awesome thread Rob! :worship:

What a great job you do with this thread.

Think the poly will be our choice for our 18 day trip next July. I showed it to my 5 year old who thinks it looks like Lilo and stitchs house and bits out of his Indiana jones Lego wii game! So he is sold....

Only concern is the refurb rumours as this may be our one and only wdw trip ( however i said that about Disneyland Paris although it will be our 7th trip next month).

Thanks for helping me make a decision on hotels.

Wendy x

Make sure you book the "Ohana breakfast so your son can visit with Lilo & Stitch while he is staying at their house!

Does anyone have the updated movie list for the Polynesian for September? The one posted on this tread does not match up to the dates in September for this year so I think it is an older version.

Thanks!

Well, it only took me a few weeks and two computer crashes and I finally got my TR started.

Thank some cruddy Labor Day weather! But it helps to get over my PPDS )Post Poly Depression Syndrome) :sad:

The link is in my signature and I am starting to work on arrival day now :thumbsup2

Well, it only took me a few weeks and two computer crashes and I finally got my TR started.

Thank some cruddy Labor Day weather! But it helps to get over my PPDS )Post Poly Depression Syndrome) :sad:

The link is in my signature and I am starting to work on arrival day now :thumbsup2

Awesome- off to read it!

Question Poly lovers... we are going to spend 8 days in WDW next August. Pretty sure it will be August (ugh, the heat! But I think it might be the best timing option for us)

We know we are going to the Poly. My first thought was to stay there the entire time. Then I started getting real... :rotfl2: I have 4 kids! One is a 2 year old- she's the one I worry about. The other kids are awesome hotel stayers- they really are GREAT. the Poly would be fine with them since there's the spare bed. But she's the wild card. Just not sure she will settle down with everyone in the room at night.

Legally, we can all be in 1 room at the Poly until she's 3. And the rooms are pretty good size (at least Tahiti had a little extra space) so I'm ok with that in theory. But I'm beginning to think that for *that* long I will end up regretting us all being in one room.

Getting 2 rooms at Poly is too cost prohibitive for us.

Thinking maybe a split stay- first 5 days at Poly and 3 days somewhere else (either a value with 2 rooms, like the new little mermaid rooms, or the mods would even be the same as one room at Poly I think) or the cabins (which we stayed at before and LOVED) Just thinking that after a few days of closeness, we may want to have more space.

BUT... then I don't really want to start at the Poly and down grade, KWIM? I suppose we could start at the other resort and move over to the Poly, but I am concerned about going from bigger spaces to smaller one.

What would you do? Anyone have an extended stay in one room with the family? I'm not worried about moving everyone- that's not a huge issue to me. It's just trying to decide if we might need to have more space on this long of a trip.

Since it's August, we will be in the room for naps, and will be at the resort more than we were when we went in May. Then we were there literally to shower and sleep at night, with a mid day nap some days. We only hit the pools once or twice I think. Most of our trip was in the parks.

August though--- we will be in the room more, and swimming more, and just hanging at the resort more. And if it rains (like it does in August!) then I suspect it might even be more time than we first thought!

Anyone have experience with split stays- or wish you had done one?

Ideally, 2 rooms at the Poly is what I'd do. But I don't think we can budget for that. And still eat. :lmao:

Awesome- off to read it!

Question Poly lovers... we are going to spend 8 days in WDW next August. Pretty sure it will be August (ugh, the heat! But I think it might be the best timing option for us)

We know we are going to the Poly. My first thought was to stay there the entire time. Then I started getting real... :rotfl2: I have 4 kids! One is a 2 year old- she's the one I worry about. The other kids are awesome hotel stayers- they really are GREAT. the Poly would be fine with them since there's the spare bed. But she's the wild card. Just not sure she will settle down with everyone in the room at night.

Legally, we can all be in 1 room at the Poly until she's 3. And the rooms are pretty good size (at least Tahiti had a little extra space) so I'm ok with that in theory. But I'm beginning to think that for *that* long I will end up regretting us all being in one room.

Getting 2 rooms at Poly is too cost prohibitive for us.

Thinking maybe a split stay- first 5 days at Poly and 3 days somewhere else (either a value with 2 rooms, like the new little mermaid rooms, or the mods would even be the same as one room at Poly I think) or the cabins (which we stayed at before and LOVED) Just thinking that after a few days of closeness, we may want to have more space.

BUT... then I don't really want to start at the Poly and down grade, KWIM? I suppose we could start at the other resort and move over to the Poly, but I am concerned about going from bigger spaces to smaller one.

What would you do? Anyone have an extended stay in one room with the family? I'm not worried about moving everyone- that's not a huge issue to me. It's just trying to decide if we might need to have more space on this long of a trip.

Since it's August, we will be in the room for naps, and will be at the resort more than we were when we went in May. Then we were there literally to shower and sleep at night, with a mid day nap some days. We only hit the pools once or twice I think. Most of our trip was in the parks.

August though--- we will be in the room more, and swimming more, and just hanging at the resort more. And if it rains (like it does in August!) then I suspect it might even be more time than we first thought!

Anyone have experience with split stays- or wish you had done one?

Ideally, 2 rooms at the Poly is what I'd do. But I don't think we can budget for that. And still eat. :lmao:

With a 2 year old I'd pick one and stick with it. For us the hardest time when traveling with our toddler is the first night or two until we get into a routine. If you split stay with them you are going to have reacclamate to the new surroundings twice. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!