ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarob

guitarob Polynesian Obsessed

I hope both of your trips are as excellent as ours has been so far! pixiedust:

Lots of rain today. We cruised through the Magic Kingdom. We didn't wait for anything except the Haunted Mansion, and even that was only about 10 minutes. I really hope the rain clears out for the Halloween party tonight, because this will be our only chance to catch HalloWishes.

Here are some shots from yesterday:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

BEAUTIFUL shots! may i ask what settings?!?!

4. cmadara

cmadara Mouseketeer

Love the pictures!! I haven't been on the post in a while so now seeing these pictures really make me anxious for our trip in November!!! Can't wait!
    Have a great time! Hope the weather improves:goodvibes

5. HeyIt'sMe

HeyIt'sMe <font color=darkorchid>For Tag Fairy's Use only<br

Rob ~

G-r-e-a-t pictures!! We'll be back at the Poly in 5 weeks and we cannot wait!

Have fun at the Halloween party tonight - hope the rain stays away.

Happy Anniversary!!

Debbie

6. kellyf2626

kellyf2626 DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pics!!! What camera are you using??

7. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Great pictures Rob - thanks for posting. I hope the weather clears up for the party tonight. Here in CT we are on a tornado watch until 11 pm :eek:

8. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics! It is a perfect way to end my evening and go to bed.:thumbsup2

9. ajh88

ajh88 DIS Veteran

Eek, I'm a couple of days behind, but I would say TPV for sure! In fact, DH told me over the weekend that he would be willing to spend $1000 a day, not go to any park, and just relax on the balcony looking across the lagoon, all day long. :faint:

Thankfully, our nightly rate is coming in much less than $1K a day! :p

10. guitarob

Thank you!

The daytime shots are mostly set on auto with the ISO locked at 80. For nighttime shots, I keep the ISO at 80, f2.0 and varied shutter speeds to get the exposure that I need. I have very little technical knowledge. Mostly, I keep low ISO, use auto aperture, and manual shutter speed to get the exposure that I want. The EWP and Wishes shots were shot with the aperture set to f2.0 and about a 1 second shutter speed.

Thank you, we're having a blast! You will too in November!!

Thank You!!! We had a (mostly) great time. I'll explain the "mostly" part later, hehe.

Thank you!

I use a Canon Powershot S90.

11. guitarob

Thank you! I really hope that tornado watch blew through without incident!

Thank you!

12. guitarob

Today was a pretty awful day as far as photography goes. But I did get this one that I love. It was taken on the boat to the Magic Kingdom from Artist Point.

[​IMG]

13. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Just a gorgeous photo! Hope you and thenewmrsb are having a fabulous time! I wish I was there to bump into you at the pool this year ;) Or after Ohana!

Sorry folks but its been hard to visit the disboards -I'm in total Disney withdraw - you know the feeling. And I have no planned trips and most likely we won't go next year due to other vacations. I pop in and every so often I tell DH I'm going to book a quick trip with just me and DD but I can't bring myself to do it since we are saving for a big trip next year. DH will give in to me (and he has) but I know it isn't fair to do it. Sucks when I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket!!!

14. Chicago Mo

Chicago Mo DIS Veteran

absolutely Breathtaking!!!
    where is artist point so i know where to go!!! nighttime at 80?!?? I better go now and practice!!

15. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

GuitarRob ~ What wonderful photos! I think we are in for a treat, when we have our first Poly stay in April!!! :thumbsup2

16. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

guitarob......Hope you're having a great trip. Love the beautiful photos.....thanks for posting them :). The Poly is our favorite resort.....we love everything about it and can't wait to try CL next summer :goodvibes.

17. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

wow!!

18. uagirl

uagirl Oh Toodles!

Poly CL Question:

Do they have real coffee? I can't stand that Nescafe junk you seem to find elsewhere in WDW.

19. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

No they don't. You can find good coffee at Kona Island Cafe Coffee Bar.

20. uagirl

uagirl Oh Toodles!

Well, I guess a stop by Kona on the way to the monorail will be in order. Thanks!

21. tobin04

tobin04 Mouseketeer

I have SUCH butterflies! We have a 6 a.m. flight tomorrow-and my girls still don't know!

Keep the tips coming! We are staying CL TPV. I still feel so out of the "poly loop" b/c we had originally planned for the GF CL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.