ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I try not to add fuel to the rumor mill, I found this interesting, and it seems to coincide with the latest rumors:

The Cast Member who took us back to the Hawaii longhouse this morning volunteered that Hawaii would be the first building to receive a rehab, and that they plan to begin in January... YMMV, take with a grain of salt, etc... :confused3

Also of note, and seemingly much more accurate: There is a flier on the dresser in our room stating that RFID locks will be installed some time during our visit (this week) between 10 am and 5 pm. It went on to state that we could use our existing key cards with the new locks. We shall see.

Other notes from our first day:

• I left my second camera battery plugged into the charger. In my kitchen in New Jersey. Lot of good that's doing me now... So much for my packing checklist. :rolleyes2 Fortunately, the battery in the camera was fully charged and got me through the day. Amazon Prime to the rescue! The missing pieces have been purchased and will arrive tomorrow!
  • The Polynesian is as beautiful as ever (of course it is).
  • Our room was ready at 1:00 and it was spotless. We received a text and left DHS. Bell services had our bags here in 5 minutes.
  • We waited 30 minutes for a DHS bus this afternoon. We finally got one after 2 buses for Downtown Disney showed up and left empty. Maybe someday they'll get this right. I can't imagine it's easy. It still beats driving in my book. Plus, it gave me time to take photos.
  • We ate breakfast at Kona, it was marvelous. We walked in, had a 5 minute wait at about 11:00. They will make mimosas with Lilikoi Juice; they are amazing.
  • We had dinner at 'Ohana, and I am still reeling from it. Everything was cooked to perfection, and the bread pudding, oh... the bread pudding.:worship: Our server was excellent, and nothing about the meal felt rushed. No Lapu Lapu this evening though; I wasn't feeling it. I went with an Island Sunset instead. I highly recommend trying one.
  • We had no problem getting a table at the pool at around 3:00.
  • The resort seems fairly busy, but not crowded.
  • The free WIFI works great. Well, in the room at least, I haven't tried it outside yet.
  • We walked on to Star Tours (meh...), Muppet Vision and the Great Movie Ride. The park was crowded, but lines weren't really an issue (except for TSM of course). It was about 20 Minutes for Tower of Terror.
Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom morning, pool, Artist Point, then our first MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

I'll finish with a cell phone photo of the view from our balcony this afternoon. We are so thrilled to have gotten this room for the THIRD time. It was the room we had for our honeymoon, then again the very next year for our first anniversary! Now, we're spending another anniversary in this room. It really adds to the special feel of everything :) It's almost like it's "our room".
polyview.jpg

Ok, that's enough out of me. I need to get some sleep!

That picture is GORGEOUS!!! And how cool that you got the same room again. Everything sounds soooo perfect!! Enjoy your trip!:goodvibes

Guitarob...so glad your trip is magical. It looks like you're in the room we had last December, which we hope to have in January. My cheese danish and coffee from the Kona's morning coffee stop while sitting in front of that view is so awesome. makes me smile thinking about it!

Funny, we're here too (Rarotonga) and did the same itinerary yesterday and doing similar today:
Breakfast at Ohana, MK, pool and rest followed by our first Halloween party!
Maybe we'll run into each other by the pool.

Funny, we're here too (Rarotonga) and did the same itinerary yesterday and doing similar today:
Breakfast at Ohana, MK, pool and rest followed by our first Halloween party!
Maybe we'll run into each other by the pool.

Looks like a great lineup for today JohnNYC! :thumbsup2

Guitarob,
Sounds like a perfect start to your trip, Kona's, O'Hana's and your special Anniversary room!
I have heard once you stay in the same Disney room 3 times your name is engraved on the door and you can stay as long as you like and live at the Polynesian! ::yes:: Right?:lmao:
Are you wearing costumes tonight for your first Halloween party?
Have fun!!!

ohh I like that last post yes yes stay as long as you like and live at the polyenesian!:smokin::love::yay:::yes::

Ugh... I'm confused. Is the monorail running for EMH or not? I see that it does run for MNSSHP, is this correct? :confused3 I miss the old days, when it just ran, if something was open, it was running (or at least that's how I remember it :lmao:).

Rob, was there last month and it was running for EMH to the MK.

Guitarob- thanks for the mini trip report so far! Glad you're having a great time! I can't wait to head back to the world next week, but am missing the Poly like crazy. We are staying at BCV but have an ADR at Kona (Ohana was booked) so I can get my Poly-fix....and maybe another lapu-lapu :)

2. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we went to DHS and knocked out a couple of rides. I received a text Around 1:30, letting us know that the room we had on our honeymoon and first anniversary was ready. It. Is. Perfect. Not a speck of dirt, a towel Mickey, everything in working order, and the best view on property! We are so blessed!

Loved Hawaii, just there last month room 1502. What a view, loved the easy walkout onto the beach and the close proximity to the King Kamehameha club.

ENJOY!!!

:banana:

1. Absolutely, 2 orders of Tonga Toast with Lilikoi mimosas

2. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived, so we went to DHS and knocked out a couple of rides. I received a text Around 1:30, letting us know that the room we had on our honeymoon and first anniversary was ready. It. Is. Perfect. Not a speck of dirt, a towel Mickey, everything in working order, and the best view on property! We are so blessed!

3. I slept pretty much the entire flight (about 2 hours), and I'm ready to rock! Time to hit the pool. I'll post a few pics when I have some downtime, maybe in the morning.

Hope you and TheNewMrsB have a magical time! :wizard:

Although I try not to add fuel to the rumor mill, I found this interesting, and it seems to coincide with the latest rumors:

The Cast Member who took us back to the Hawaii longhouse this morning volunteered that Hawaii would be the first building to receive a rehab, and that they plan to begin in January... YMMV, take with a grain of salt, etc... :confused3

Also of note, and seemingly much more accurate: There is a flier on the dresser in our room stating that RFID locks will be installed some time during our visit (this week) between 10 am and 5 pm. It went on to state that we could use our existing key cards with the new locks. We shall see.

Other notes from our first day:

• I left my second camera battery plugged into the charger. In my kitchen in New Jersey. Lot of good that's doing me now... So much for my packing checklist. :rolleyes2 Fortunately, the battery in the camera was fully charged and got me through the day. Amazon Prime to the rescue! The missing pieces have been purchased and will arrive tomorrow!
  • The Polynesian is as beautiful as ever (of course it is).
  • Our room was ready at 1:00 and it was spotless. We received a text and left DHS. Bell services had our bags here in 5 minutes.
  • We waited 30 minutes for a DHS bus this afternoon. We finally got one after 2 buses for Downtown Disney showed up and left empty. Maybe someday they'll get this right. I can't imagine it's easy. It still beats driving in my book. Plus, it gave me time to take photos.
  • We ate breakfast at Kona, it was marvelous. We walked in, had a 5 minute wait at about 11:00. They will make mimosas with Lilikoi Juice; they are amazing.
  • We had dinner at 'Ohana, and I am still reeling from it. Everything was cooked to perfection, and the bread pudding, oh... the bread pudding.:worship: Our server was excellent, and nothing about the meal felt rushed. No Lapu Lapu this evening though; I wasn't feeling it. I went with an Island Sunset instead. I highly recommend trying one.
  • We had no problem getting a table at the pool at around 3:00.
  • The resort seems fairly busy, but not crowded.
  • The free WIFI works great. Well, in the room at least, I haven't tried it outside yet.
  • We walked on to Star Tours (meh...), Muppet Vision and the Great Movie Ride. The park was crowded, but lines weren't really an issue (except for TSM of course). It was about 20 Minutes for Tower of Terror.
Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom morning, pool, Artist Point, then our first MNSSHP. :thumbsup2

I'll finish with a cell phone photo of the view from our balcony this afternoon. We are so thrilled to have gotten this room for the THIRD time. It was the room we had for our honeymoon, then again the very next year for our first anniversary! Now, we're spending another anniversary in this room. It really adds to the special feel of everything :) It's almost like it's "our room".
polyview.jpg

Ok, that's enough out of me. I need to get some sleep!

Thanks! This is so nice to read! And I love the picture! We leave in 2 more sleeps!!!!! We are also staying in Hawaii-with a TPV. Thanks for the live report-I'll try to do the same while we are there!

Thanks! This is so nice to read! And I love the picture! We leave in 2 more sleeps!!!!! We are also staying in Hawaii-with a TPV. Thanks for the live report-I'll try to do the same while we are there!

Have a great time!!!

I was planning on staying CL in January, and now wonder what plans I should make if Hawaii is under refurbishment. Rob, would you mind asking the CMs if they know anything about what will be done during that time? I wonder if they will keep the lounge open, but put the CL guests in other longhouses.

I was planning on staying CL in January, and now wonder what plans I should make if Hawaii is under refurbishment. Rob, would you mind asking the CMs if they know anything about what will be done during that time? I wonder if they will keep the lounge open, but put the CL guests in other longhouses.

Have you actually booked for January? Because I don't believe they even put the CL rooms into inventory on the Disney website from early Jan to mid-March. Try it...I don't think you'll be able to.

Looks like CL will be closed down completely, because they are re-doing the lounge too.

Have you actually booked for January? Because I don't believe they even put the CL rooms into inventory on the Disney website from early Jan to mid-March. Try it...I don't think you'll be able to.

Looks like CL will be closed down completely, because they are re-doing the lounge too.

I hadn't booked yet because I was waiting for the AP discounts to come out. Thank you for the information! I will probably book the Poly in any case, to enjoy the "old" decor one more time. I am looking forward to seeing what they are doing in the refurbishment!

3 more sleeps here, also staying CL but not TPV (unless we get pixie dusted):goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter