ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Thanks. Getting that Mickey Mail is exciting.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. psac

psac DIS Veteran

It's a multi-step process from an iPhone. Probably an easier way, but I haven't found it yet. :).
    1. Download the Photobucket free app and create an account (Flickr works, too, but PB seems easier)
    2. Upload the photo(s) into Photobucket.
    3. In photobucket, go to your albums, choose the photo you want to post, there is an "i" button in the lower right-hand corner, click that and it gives a set of links, click on the IMG one, which will automatically copy it.
    4. Open the disboards post, hold your finger down, and choose Paste to paste the IMG code.
    5. You have a picture!

4. Dominion

Dominion Mouseketeer

We wil be driving down on a Sunday in December. No parks that day since it will be a long trip and I'm trying to figure out a good, casual, and convenient place for dinner that night. Could we plan on eating at Kona Cafe without having an ADR? (We are a party of 6.)

Thanks!

5. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

Awesome!!! We'll be down in 2 weeks, then hopefully returning in October as well! :thumbsup2

6. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Oh Wow!!! I have to say I'm looking forward to my youngest DD finishing High School, so that DH and I can book those also!!!

7. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

This!!:thumbsup2 My girls LOVED the Neverland Club. We were so nervous the first time but everything went smooth. My youngest DD is high functioning autistic and has several food allergies and they were fabulous with her. They loved it so much, they wanted us to leave when we came to pick them up so they could stay longer. They begged us to go back so we cancelled our family dinner ressie for two nights later and rebooked the kids club for them and a second date nite for me and DH. They were crazy excited to get two nites of the Neverland Club that trip.

We do the same monorail to GF for dinner and then walk back to Poly. Also know that if there is some emergency and you need to get back quickly to the Poly, let a CM know and they will send a golf cart to take you back quickly. I have never personally needed it but have read on here a few times where the GF CMs came thru quickly with help when a child became ill back at the Poly.

8. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

You can make reservations as far out as 180 days just like a dining ressie but there is no need to. Unless you are going at a really busy time of year, I would just make ressie's about 30-60 days before your trip. I have made ressies for the club while at the resort(see previous post). Both nights my girls were there, it was not busy....only 2-5 other children but it was also a pretty slow time of year.

Having a party of 6 would make it harder to squeeze in a last minute table. I would go ahead and make an ADR. You can always cancel it and eat at Captain Cooks if you are not up to eating TS after the long drive. You can also hop the monorail and check out the CS at GF and CR as well for a casual quick bite. Have fun :goodvibes

9. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Welcome back.....and congrats on booking a BB :goodvibes.

I agree with Grace&Carolinesmom and would make an ADR for Kona just in case. If you get there and decide you don't want a sit down meal, you can always cancel and eat CS, but at least you have an ADR and there's no wondering whether or not you'll get a table :).

10. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

Out of curiosity, what is the current bounceback offer?

11. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Sitting working on my itinerary and have a question:confused: Is the Torch Lighting Ceremony held every evening or just on certain nights?
    TIA

12. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

6:00 pm Tuesday-Saturday

13. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

There goes my arrival night plans :rotfl: Thanks :)

14. mcjingles

mcjingles Mouseketeer

We are going on our first trip in December but I have asked this question and was told by many that ADRs are helpful but not necessary. But it will obviously depend on what week in December you are going. We are 11/30-12/7 :) I'm so excited!

15. mcjingles

mcjingles Mouseketeer

What is the Torch lighting Ceremony?

16. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

It is save up to 35% on select resorts at various dates through the year. In my case I saved over $1,800.00 on my Poly CL lagoon view room.

17. TarzansKat

TarzansKat Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

WOW. That's a nice chunk of change! :thumbsup2 Thanks for posting it for me. Was the Poly, specifically, part of the 35% off?

18. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I'd say yes. $1800 is a substantial savings.

19. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Yes it is, that's why we are able to go again. Not all room types were available though. I really wanted just a garden view, but it was still a BIG savings. You won't know what resorts and what room categories are available until you call.

20. Dominion

Dominion Mouseketeer

Great thank you! One question...I thought I had to cancel an ADR 24 hours in advance or they charge $10/person?? Do I have that info wrong?

21. psac

psac DIS Veteran

That is only for certain restaurants, mostly signatures and restaurants with character meals. So you do need the cc guarantee for Ohana, even for dinner, since they have a character breakfast it seems the system forces the cc for all meals.

But Kona Cafe does not fall into those categories. As long as you cancel when you do know you can't make it, even if it's an hour or two before, you'll generally find someone else will be happy at the last minute opening and will take it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.