ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Congrats!!! You have an awesome wife :).

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Polyonmymind

Polyonmymind Earning My Ears

Yes, she is awesome. My 9 year old daughter is going to freak out.

4. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

We've been here at the poly since last Friday staying through this Sunday! They're working on the refurbs every day :) if you're near a refurb resort, you can hear saws and minimal hammering, but really not a big deal. Some pathways are closed off by the longhouses that are closed. They were bringing new mattresses into tokelau today. This is our 4th stay at the poly and it's just as wonderful as always. If you have any questions, ill try and answer them! :)

5. chasgoose

chasgoose Mouseketeer

Hawaii is one of the original buildings so it's rooms are the smaller sized standard rooms (unlike the bigger ones in Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui). That might seem strange given the premium price, but Hawaii has arguably the best location of the Poly longhouses and among the best premium view rooms...

6. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

jw50 Thank you so much for answering all of my rambling questions. You were very helpful :thumbsup2

7. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

If anyone is there, can you post the new resort specific clothing merchandise. Someone mentioned some of it has arrived.

8. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

I can try! Is there an easy way to post pictures on here from my phone???? If so, I'd be happy to take some pics for you tomorrow! Spent a lot of time in Boutiki today :)

9. VAfamily1998

VAfamily1998 DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about Iphones :(

But if you will be taking pics of merchandise anyway, if you see the trading pins that are specific to the Poly, I'd love to see what they look like! I like to collect a pin from each resort I stay at, and unfortunately what I've seen online, I haven't been too impressed with. I'm not sure if they are the "current" ones, or not. :)

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

10. VAfamily1998

VAfamily1998 DIS Veteran

Hi! I was just curious if anyone has experience with staying at the Poly under a "RunDisney" discount? I will be running the Tower of Terror 10 miler this fall, and the Poly is a host resort. I was so excited when I saw that (I had originally booked at POFQ--but it seems they added Poly and WL to the list of Host resorts) because I had always wanted to stay at the Poly!

Anyway, I was just curious--since I am getting a discount for the race, do they tend to give people with those discounts the "worst" rooms? The discount only allows for "garden views"-you can't pay extra to upgrade...so I was just curious what the "absolute worst" I can expect, is? I will be checking in on Friday October 4th--and it looks like most of the renovations should be complete by then--so I'm thinking there is 0 chance of me getting an un-renovated room?

I've skimmed through a thread on the resort photos board that asked people to post their "worst room views"--I don't remember seeing any poly pics there--but like I said, I only skimmed through it, I might have missed something!

Any thoughts?

11. jalaine

jalaine Mouseketeer

Will do! If I can't figure out the phone thing, I'll post them when we get back over the weekend!

12. erinscreen

erinscreen Mouseketeer

I will take some, too, since I will be there on Saturday, woohoo!

13. Dominion

Dominion Mouseketeer

Can someone give me an idea of how long the walk is from the Polynesian to the Grand Floridian? We are thinking about having our kids go to the Neverland Club one evening while we go over to the GF for dinner at Citrico's. How long is that walk??

Thanks!

14. kungaloosh22

kungaloosh22 Mouseketeer

I've never timed it, but it seems like it was about 10 minutes, last time we took that walk.

15. Dimples1973ca

Dimples1973ca Mouseketeer

Tomorrow is our day to do our online check in if we so choose. I have done online check in on our first trip. We did not on the second trip. When we arrived to check in at the resort on the second trip we got an upgrade to a preferred room. pixiedust:

Should I do online check in now or hope for some extra pixie dust the day of check in?

Thanks!

16. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Whether you do online check in or not has no affect on getting pixie dust.

17. rcraw45425

rcraw45425 <font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with

Exactly.

18. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Thanks for that info! Unfortunate that it was Mauna Kea - that one had a slight edge. But it sounds like this isn't part of some refurb so hopefully they'll get it put back in soon. And no one has called me to say that my rental has been canceled in a few weeks so that's good :)

First, Neverland Club ROCKS!!!!!!!! Our kids love it and DH and I LOVE to get the evening to ourselves :goodvibes

As for your question, it really depends on your pace. If you are walking with a determined pace (but not hurried), it would take about 10 - 15 minutes from the Neverland Club. But DH and I usually end up looking at this or that along the way so it might be 15 - 20 minutes. You can always take the monorail. In fact, we usually take the monorail from the Poly to GF (since it is one stop) and then walk on the way back after getting some 'to go' drinks from Mizners :thumbsup2

19. DebbyLof428

DebbyLof428 DIS Veteran

Aloha all,
    Just got back from the Poly last night. I'm not as sad as usual because we booked the bounceback for October :goodvibes

20. HappyMomma

HappyMomma Mouseketeer

Lucky you!!! Welcome back!

We got our Mickey Mail today!!!!!! :cheer2:

21. Dominion

Dominion Mouseketeer

Thank you for the Neverland Club endorsement - makes me feel even better about doing this! My girls are both already in school and love any sort of environment like that, so I think this will work out much better than getting a sitter - which they don't even like at home. Thanks also for the tips on getting there and back!!

Forgot to ask...far in advance can you reserve spots for it? Does it ever "sell out"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.