ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are staying club level this year. Wondering if someone can tell me how many different areas there are to enter the building. Thanks.

We are staying club level this year. Wondering if someone can tell me how many different areas there are to enter the building. Thanks.

There are 3 areas to enter/exit. The main one is in front of Hawaii, the other is right next to it and is the staircase. The other is a staircase located at the other end of the Hawaii longhouse. There is also a door over to the left of the main entrance but I think it is only an exit. I'm sure someone else on here knows for sure.

We'll be arriving at the Poly on the 26th! Can't believe it's less than 2 weeks!!! We've been planning this trip forever it seems :)

Just went out shopping for some things today and realized how much more I need to get together still! The kids have outgrown so many clothes from last summer! Can. Not. Wait! :cool1:

Have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :wizard:.

Thanks!! If there is a bounceback offer we just might be back in December too.

Sending some pixie dust for a BB pixiedust: pixiedust:.

Hello Poly lovers. Sure is quiet on the boards today. We are checking into YC on the 24th then heading to Poly on the 27th :hyper: Started getting clothes together to pack and tweaking some of my ADR's. Time is really flying by now. Anyone going to be there soon?

We're checking in to the Poly on the 28th. Hope to see some fellow Dis'ers while we're there. :cool1:

WDWtoday.com now has an interview with tikiman on their site, about the DVC plans.

Off to listen!

WDWtoday.com now has an interview with tikiman on their site, about the DVC plans.

Off to listen!

Just listened! Every one on this board needs to go listen to ASAP! Sounds like DVC is starting at the end of the year. They're going to remove the luau building, build a t-shaped 5 story DVC building on that side of the beach, build the bungalows over the lagoon by the TTC, turn Tahiti into DVC, remove the laundry/ adventurer's club to add a new pool with a lazy river like Aluani, remove the parking lot in that area to expand, potentially build a parking garage, and potentially remove the water feature in the lobby. The potential date for all of this will be 2017. Which seems far away but WOW these are huge changes. I'm worried about our family staying at the Poly during the construction and will it even be the same resort after almost everything is changed? Frankly I don't understand the need for so many DVC's, I guess it's a money maker. But I'm amazed at how many people commit to that large of an expense. I guess if I was DVC I would be excited but I'm not. Although there have been things that Disney has changed that I have been skeptical about but I usually end up always loving it. All of these changes are going to need some major pixie dust.

Until it is being built, I would not give it another thought. Sure there are plans.

There were plans for Eagle Pines and even an official announcement about it and it never got built.

Nothing official from DVC at this point.

If they do follow through with these plans for all these DVC bldg.'s and such, don't you think the POLY will lose its quiet, relaxing and laid back feel that all the POLY lovers love? It most definitely will become way more crowded and with a 5 story bldg...well...doesn't seem like that will quite fit in. It's going to seem a bit more commercial IMO that is. Disney has so much unused land...why not build a whole new DVC resort and let the other resorts be? :confused3 make a DVC Island theme somewhere else on the property. Just don't add to an existing resort. Others might disagree but after all I'm reading on how wonderful the POLY already is I say just leave it alone...refurbs are good, perhaps even another quiet pool down near Tahiti and Rapa Nui, just don't crowd the place out, esp with 5 story bldg's !

I think a 5 story building will be an eyesore and not a good option

Bussing is going to be a huge issue with all these DVC being added. It's already an issue sharing between the three monorail resorts, once DVC at GF opens there's going to be even more people trying to squeeze on an already packed bus, and now add in Poly DVC guests and it's a huge mess. They're going to need to step up monorail service as well. I don't know if they really thought this through. They're trying to cut transportation services, but people paying top dollar at the three premium resorts are going to expect top notch for their money.

Hey everyone!

First time staying at the Poly for Food & Wine in October.. first time back to WDW since I was in High School, and first time at WDW since I was a DL/DCA Cast Member.. Can. Not. Wait!!

I just got back and am still smiling:love:

You will love it! Enjoy the countdown, it is half the fun!

I'm so glad we decided to try Poly this year and not wait until the future. But now I'm worried that I'm going to love it, and then it will change :(

I do hope that all the DVC construction goes smoothly...............if and when it's gets started.

I find it strange that the plans for DVC are so scattered around the resort. I mean....it makes sense to remove the luau building and make that end of the resort DVC as it is closest to the GF DVC expansion. Why then change Tahiti and add bungalows on that end???:confused3 Makes more sense to change up Aotearoa/Fiji/Tuvalu and keep all the DVC on that side of the marina. I also seriously doubt the bungalows over the water will ever come to fruition. Who would want to stay in them with the constant Ferry horn and boat horns. I also see the liability insurance for those units being really high. Can you imagine the lawsuit possibilities?

I do like the idea of an added pool with a lazy river like Aulani. I also think they better solve the monorail issues and/or get a pedestrian bridge built to connect the GF to MK or transportation will become a nightmare. JMHO :goodvibes

WooHoo!!! I just paid off our 1st ever Disney vacation:woohoo:. 50 more days and we will be chillin at the Poly.:cool1: I hope it is as magical as I remembered it when I was a little girl:tink:

kpitarresi said:
WooHoo!!! I just paid off our 1st ever Disney vacation:woohoo:. 50 more days and we will be chillin at the Poly.:cool1: I hope it is as magical as I remembered it when I was a little girl:tink:

That's awesome!! You will have a wonderful time and looovvvveee the Poly! My family and i will be there may 28 to june 3. This will be our 6th trip to the poly ... Congrats on your trip and enjoy! :)

I'm so glad we decided to try Poly this year and not wait until the future. But now I'm worried that I'm going to love it, and then it will change :(

I do hope that all the DVC construction goes smoothly...............if and when it's gets started.

We are the same way. We are staying at the Poly for the first time this September(might be our last) All the changes sound so wonderful for the most part. I just dont know if we could ever afford it again. Only time will tell.

Have a great trip:goodvibes and I hope you dont love it to much :rotfl2: Just Kidding

That's exactly how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter