ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Moana Minnie's Arcade the one in the great ceremonial house? I looked at the map and it appears that it's located inside where the Neverland Club is? What arcade am I thinking of then? I know we've seen one in the great ceremonial house.

Moana Mickey Arcade is in the GCH and is just a few steps away from Captain Cooks. If you are looking at a site map find Captain Cooks and just move slightly to the left.

I only saw his DVC speculation posts on his website in July:scratchin. Where did he post about the 20 Bungalows? I thought this was breaking news!

He posted this today on FB...

"Well I see the cat is partly out of the bag with some information getting out about DVC. The report mentioned 20 bungalows (more like Tahitian huts) built out over the water at the Polynesian and it would start this year. Well from what I heard it was 15 Grand Villas off the shore of Tahiti and it would not be part of the initial phase of DVC but a later phase. If it is true they are starting this year (which I don't know I believe) then maybe it is just to prep the under water foundations. I guess we will find out since Disney does not announce schedules very often. That is all the DVC details I can share at this point but save up your money if you want to get into one of those."

He posted this today on FB...

"Well I see the cat is partly out of the bag with some information getting out about DVC. The report mentioned 20 bungalows (more like Tahitian huts) built out over the water at the Polynesian and it would start this year. Well from what I heard it was 15 Grand Villas off the shore of Tahiti and it would not be part of the initial phase of DVC but a later phase. If it is true they are starting this year (which I don't know I believe) then maybe it is just to prep the under water foundations. I guess we will find out since Disney does not announce schedules very often. That is all the DVC details I can share at this point but save up your money if you want to get into one of those."
Thank you, but what time did he post?:rotfl2:

And, what are you doing all the way over on Seven Seas Lagoon, my friend?:boat:

ETA: Just looked and he posted two hours ago so I think I beat him by 2 hours:lmao:

Since it's been more than 24 hours and 3 pages ago I figured it's safe to quote myself to ask again. Anybody?

I wish I could help you, but I have no experience with this resort. However Iknow all these wonderful Poly lovers on this thread will be able to help you.....once the buzz from the new DVC settles down :).

They are all so helpful!!!

Shameless ticker check. I’ll be wading out into the lagoon to post my flag for our bungalow in just 10 days….Never had any desire for DVC, but this news got my attention.

Our 5 yr old will have to sign a big, big contract in some professional sport just to rent points at this one...no pressure kid...just make mom and dad proud....:)

Mike

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (5 ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

Since it's been more than 24 hours and 3 pages ago I figured it's safe to quote myself to ask again. Anybody?

We stayed in Tahiti with a TPV in April and it was great. The trek to the GCH was not bad in April. The real perk is that this longhouse is very quiet (aside from the ferry horn now and then) and close to the TTC. This allows one boarding point for the MK or Epcot. I liked the TPV, but we’ve “been there , done that” so we’ve requested standard view Samoa for our trip next week so we can be a bit closer to the GCH and pool. We simply didn’t spend enough time in our room to warrant another TPV rate. Wishes from the Poly beach is hands down better than from the room.

I don’t know much about the other longhouses, but Tahiti does offer lagoon views that may in fact be obstructed TPV rooms. I’d check out Tikiman’s site for more longhouse detail. The real question to ask is how important is the view…we thought it was very important until we did it! Good luck and nowhere is very far from anything at the Poly so enjoy :)

Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (5 ) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, Pre-2010 too many off sites to remember, WDW 2/2010 BC CL, Disneyland GC 12/2010, WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, WDW 7/2012 (off site), WDW 12/12 POP and 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

Thank you, but what time did he post?:rotfl2:

And, what are you doing all the way over on Seven Seas Lagoon, my friend?:boat:

ETA: Just looked and he posted two hours ago so I think I beat him by 2 hours:lmao:

Well OF COURSE you beat him to it - WDWKOOK - the great almighty of WDW resorts!!! :worship:

I was just coming to post that it was about 2 hours ago on FB.

I admit, I fell in love with Poly last year. I'm all over the place, aren't I??? I'm not sure I could pick one favorite resort if asked!

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I'm not currently subscribed to this thread.

Pete Werner just announced on the DisUnplugged Live that 20 'bungalows' of one and two bedrooms each are going to be built starting this year at the Poly. They will extend out into the water and be accessed via a dock. The assumption is that these will be DVC.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

You were the first to here, that' what counts! Thanks for posting!

Well OF COURSE you beat him to it - WDWKOOK - the great almighty of WDW resorts!!! :worship:

I was just coming to post that it was about 2 hours ago on FB.

I admit, I fell in love with Poly last year. I'm all over the place, aren't I??? I'm not sure I could pick one favorite resort if asked!
Yeah, you get around Tara:rotfl:

(Who's ahead now in the post count?:hyper:)

If anyone knows about 'almighty' it's our resident almighty visitor, TaraPA who only goes home so she can make a new ticker then turns around (after a short stint at Yankee Candle) and comes right back to WDW:worship:

You were the first to here, that' what counts! Thanks for posting!
Here, there, it all matters. This is a game of seconds.

I had no idea all you guys were over here on the 7 Seas... I've been missing out on all the Polynesian high jinks.

If anyone knows about 'almighty' it's our resident almighty visitor, TaraPA who only goes home so she can make a new ticker then turns around (after a short stint at Yankee Candle) and comes right back to WDW:worship:

I had no idea all you guys were over here on the 7 Seas... I've been missing out on all the Polynesian high jinks.

LOL I've been watching my tags after a few of those comments!!! (I'll still wish for a tag that says "wants to see Poly DVC in her trip siggie!)

I'm very fortunate that my boss at Yankee comes with me on the girls trips I take. In 2009 I sucked her right into the WDW madness & she's never looked back! Poly is her favorite, she can say that without hesitation. It's just not always in our budget with a retail paycheck!! So if they do build these DVC bungalows, we'll max out the occupancy so we can split the cost!

Cloud 9 is right!!!!!!!

The Poly is very relaxing ::yes::.

Happy for you and your family!
I depart tomorrow and am all packed and ready. I woke up to snow AGAIN this morning so can't wait for hat FL sun!

Have a great trip :dance3:.

Today is 60 days out for us so I did online check in since I could. :banana: There was the standard info asked...expected time of arrival, departure, etc. One thing to note is that as part of the process the system would have bypassed the special request/amenities portion if we hadn't selected that from the pull down. Once we were on that sub-page they gave a list of all the long houses, second floor, balcony and patio. Of the entire list you were able to select two. At the bottom of the page there was a box you could check that said room ready upon arrival. If you checked this box then that would supersede any choices you made from the list at the top of the page.

Just thought I'd share since online check in appears to have changed since we visited last. I know a lot of people are having issue with the My Disney Experience apps and website but we haven't had those issues. Thus far they get a big thumbs up from me.

Thanks for posting about this :).

Pete Werner just announced on the DisUnplugged Live that 20 'bungalows' of one and two bedrooms each are going to be built starting this year at the Poly. They will extend out into the water and be accessed via a dock. The assumption is that these will be DVC.

Thanks for posting....it will be interesting to see how this all unfolds ;).

jdd said:
Just popping in to share my excitement :cheer2:

I was able to change the first half of our trip this morning so we're spending the whole week at Poly GVCL :cool1: We were originally planning on the first two nights at AoA, but when the 30% discount came out for those nights, I thought we could switch and do the whole week at the Poly. Unfortunately, the CMs on the phone last week weren't able to give me the discount on those two nights (when I called with my Disney Visa card). But this morning, I went online and entered the dates for our whole week (8/13-8/20) and it DID give me the discount on the first two nights :thumbsup2 I guess the CMs just didn't think of doing this, and maybe the discount needs a minimum number of nights :confused3

Anyway, sorry for the long story, but I'm just so excited! It's my dream to spend a whole week at the Poly and club level, and it's coming true :cloud9:

Have to go change my ticker....:dance3:

That's awesome! You're going to love it!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Koh1977 said:
:-) and what are the pros for Poly GV vs CR?

I have not stayed at CR but I know for us, we really like the lush, tropical, island feel that the Poly has. The room pics from the CR look really nice but I would still pick Poly for the atmosphere.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I wish I could help you, but I have no experience with this resort. However Iknow all these wonderful Poly lovers on this thread will be able to help you.....once the buzz from the new DVC settles down :).

They are all so helpful!!!

We stayed in Tahiti with a TPV in April and it was great. The trek to the GCH was not bad in April. The real perk is that this longhouse is very quiet (aside from the ferry horn now and then) and close to the TTC. This allows one boarding point for the MK or Epcot. I liked the TPV, but we’ve “been there , done that” so we’ve requested standard view Samoa for our trip next week so we can be a bit closer to the GCH and pool. We simply didn’t spend enough time in our room to warrant another TPV rate. Wishes from the Poly beach is hands down better than from the room.

I don’t know much about the other longhouses, but Tahiti does offer lagoon views that may in fact be obstructed TPV rooms. I’d check out Tikiman’s site for more longhouse detail. The real question to ask is how important is the view…we thought it was very important until we did it! Good luck and nowhere is very far from anything at the Poly so enjoy :)
Thanks.

Today is 60 days out for us so I did online check in since I could. :banana: There was the standard info asked...expected time of arrival, departure, etc. One thing to note is that as part of the process the system would have bypassed the special request/amenities portion if we hadn't selected that from the pull down. Once we were on that sub-page they gave a list of all the long houses, second floor, balcony and patio. Of the entire list you were able to select two. At the bottom of the page there was a box you could check that said room ready upon arrival. If you checked this box then that would supersede any choices you made from the list at the top of the page.

Good to know! Thanks for posting this. I was wondering how it would be for online check-in. :woohoo:

Just thought I'd share since online check in appears to have changed since we visited last. I know a lot of people are having issue with the My Disney Experience apps and website but we haven't had those issues. Thus far they get a big thumbs up from me.

Thank you! This is all good information to know. Our 60 day mark doesn't come until July 19th, but still good to know. I wonder if MM+ will be working by then? I'm curious if we'll have the bands then?

We're trying two new places this year, AKL and the Poly, so have to keep up. :) don't know when we'll make it to your WL. (And yes, it is "yours!" :) )

We're trying two new places this year, AKL and the Poly, so have to keep up. :) don't know when we'll make it to your WL. (And yes, it is "yours!" :) )

I hope you have a great trip and love both resorts. Even though the Poly is our favorite out of all the deluxes we've stayed at, AKL is awesome as well (as is the WL :goodvibes).

I am slowing making my way through this thread...it's a wealth of fantastic information so thank you everyone!

I am super excited about our upcoming trip to the Poly on April 21 and there will be 5 of us (myself, my parents, my DD (6) and my niece (8)). When I previously went with just my DD, we stayed in Tokelau which we loved and it would have been great because of the location and extra space. However, it looks like it will be one of the longhouses that will be closed for refurbishment during our visit. I requested Samoa, balcony through the on-line check-in, but am wondering if I should change our request to Tahiti because of the larger rooms. We will be returning to the resort for a mid-day break most days to use the pool. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter