ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ready2vacation

ready2vacation Mouseketeer

Me too!! I am trying to decide if we want to change resorts or do a split. We spend a lot of time in the room and it is so dull to me :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mickey2minnie1

mickey2minnie1 DIS Veteran

I went back to Poly thread and compared pics. The check in is gorgeous and elegant with the new carpet and decor. I love that the rooms are fresh and airy.

4. Jennygt

Jennygt DIS Veteran

I agree . It looks almost like it is not done yet? Perhaps this was just rushed out to be on time? Something is just missing, again not awful but, ehh...:confused:

5. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

We may be the odd ones out here, but we like the new refurb - although I do agree that they need to add something more "tropical". We'll be there mid-late May so will see how they actually look in person.
    [​IMG]

6. Lulu'sMom

Lulu'sMom You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Well, it's been 9 years since we've stayed at the Poly and I went ahead this evening and just did it. I booked the GV CL for our anniversary!
    DH picked out the Poly, saying, these are his words, this is the resort we started at 20 years ago, it's only right we stay here now. :goodvibes

Showed him the new rehab pictures and he liked the new look, you know, he likes everything, lol. I think he's really looking forward to the CL, he always loved that lounge. We've enjoyed the Tonga longhouse many times throughout the years, but there is something about the first place you stayed at WDW that warms your heart! :cloud9:

Just cannot believe we'll be there in 2 1/2 weeks!!!! :hyper:

7. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

How exciting!!! My family loves the Hawaii building. I am surprising my DS with it in June! He thinks we are staying at a value, but I secretly have us booked GV CL at the Poly! Isn't it great giving your loved one the gift of Disney magic?

8. angbuz

angbuz Mouseketeer

Just wondering WHEN is a good time to put in a request for a particular building and HOW do I go about doing so? We are going in August and would really like to be in Samoa. I know there's no guarantee that we'll get it, but would like to at least put in a request. Thanks in advance for any information for this Poly newbie!! :thumbsup2

9. psac

psac DIS Veteran

I actually like the new decor. I think it does look more modern (which the old rooms needed), and I like the huge counter in the bathroom. I'm glad they didn't put in anything TOO modern like the awful sinks in the Contemporary. The only thing that gets me a little bit is the tiki images on the wall in the bathroom sort of look like giant beetles coming to attack. :)

10. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I usually put my requests in when I make the reservation, but you can add them at any time. Just call and tell them you'd like to make some requests. When you check in, if your request isn't granted, you can always ask if a room in Samoa would be available later in the day (if you're willing to wait for your room). Good luck.

11. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

Just put in our first Poly Reservation for the beginning of December! It's also our first split stay, we start December 2nd at the Poly club level for 4 nights and then move to BWV for 6 nights. So excited to start planning our adventure! :hyper:

12. cgh

cgh Mouseketeer

I much prefer the new rooms. That bedspread was really making me NOT want to stay there. The updates put us solidly at the Poly for May 2014. The last time I went to WDW was in 1989 and we were at the Poly then too!

13. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

After staying at the Poly numerous times in the same building, Tokelau, since the last renovation, I definitely noticed the wear and tear on the rooms so I am glad they are at least updating the rooms with new items. I HOPE they checked the outlets too!!! Because so many were loose it was scary :scared1:

While the pictures of the Hawaii rooms aren't making me jump up and down with excitement, honestly the pictures of the old rooms didn't either. It looked so much better in person. In the pictures, the 'old' decor looks brown and boring so I'm going to reserve (MOST of my) judgement until I see the rooms in person (which I hope to see this May).

I do wonder though, are the pictures that are posted of the Hawaii room, are those the decor that will be in the non-concierge rooms too? Most hotels I stay at have added amenties in the concierge rooms but they essentially look the same but I wasn't sure if that would be the case here.

I was worried when I heard that they were going to put 2 sinks in all the rooms because I liked my 1 sink in Tokelau so I had room on the counter for my stuff. But after seeing the pictures of the room, it looks really good because the counter covers the entire length of the bathroom and it looks like a good amount of space in between the sinks as well.

14. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

Congrats on booking the Poly....it's an awesome resort and I'm sure you'll love it :goodvibes.

I'm sure you'll love your stay. It will be like trying a new resort with the refurb and since it's been awhile since you've been there :).

15. angbuz

angbuz Mouseketeer

Thank you! I will call and put in my request. Fingers crossed!!!

16. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You're welcome. Good luck and I hope you get your requests pixiedust:.

17. trishadono

trishadono DIS Veteran

I will watch for a happy couple! I am taking dd for 18 bday. Split CSR and the 4/5-4/8 at Poly CL! I need to remember to thank dh again that he letting us go alone:goodvibes

18. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

I always put in the request when I make the reservation but you can make it at any time.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

19. DznyCrzy11

DznyCrzy11 "When you wish upon a star, makes no difference wh

How perfect!!! You will love the Poly!!! Congrats and have a great trip!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

20. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

I just saw mention about what was called " Dessert & Fireworks" at Captain Cooks as if it was something like the Dessert Party in MK at TT??? They were asking about using the DP.

My question is .......Is there a thing? I am so confused :confused3 since Cap'ts Cooks is not a place you make ADRs at.

21. Chavaleh

Chavaleh Mouseketeer

Booked today for our 20th anniversary trip. Aug. 24th - Sep. 1st. My husband decided on a standard Theme Park View room for now and we requested Tuvalu 3rd floor. Might upgrade to CL depending on if we can get a discount for it between now and then. So so so excited. It'll be our first time at a deluxe and our first real vacation without kids since our honeymoon. pixiedust: <<< that's about how I feel right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.