ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: June 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on Facebook that the Volcano pool will be closed for refurbishment 9/9-9/20. How is the east side pool? :(

It was on a Disney travel agents page. "All About the Mouse Travel." This will be our 1st time staying at the Poly & my daughter was super excited about the pool.

I just called disney and the Poly. They don't have a pool closure listed for September. They told me that there are pool hours listed.

I am hoping that there is no closure. I will check back with them in a few weeks. They told me that we would be notified if there was a pool closure.

I just got off the phone with Disney as well! Who knows what we can believe! She assured me the Volcano pool would be open but the other two pools would be closed?! Sorry if I reported false information.

I just got off the phone with Disney as well! Who knows what we can believe! She assured me the Volcano pool would be open but the other two pools would be closed?! Sorry if I reported false information.

Thanks. They didn't say anything about the other pools, but I asked about the volcano pool. I looked on the fb page you listed and saw it there too. Lets just hope they will be open! :)

We just checked in today to Poly CL for 4 nights. We transferred from the Beach Club after 6 nights. Definitely a different feel and vibe from BC. The lounge is nice, bustling with people. It has a wonderful view of the castle. Check in was amazing! It was raining out and we arrived around 3:30 from Animal Kingdom. Told the CM out front that we were checking in CL and she called for another CM right away who loaded us and our luggage that was transferred from the BC all onto a stretched golf cart and delivered us right to Hawaii. While we checked in he brought our stuff to the room. Everything was very nice!

Now, I just have to say that I doubt a room has a better view than ours! (if someone can explain how to post pics from an iPad I'll post the proof! Lol) We are in room 3513 with the most amazing theme park view! Now if we can get this rain to go away so that we can enjoy the cabana tomorrow! :)

I like to use Photobucket. And they have an app that is really easy to use! Once you take the pic just upload it to photobucket and you can paste the link right here. :)

Not to bring up a sour topic, but I thought that fellow Poly lovers might want a heads up. We just returned from a 6 night 7 day stay at the Poly, our 7th consecutive trip at this amazing resort. Unfortunately this particular trip was a bit crowded. Please note I am not getting into a debate or putting down another culture, it is simply the shear size of these groups that is the problem. That being said we were in Tokelau 2nd floor which was for the large part also occupied by a Brazillian tour group.

For the price we pay for this resort we were disappointed that we were woke up on several occasions well after 2am by kids running through the hallways, banging doors as well as being woke up at 5am. We couldn't use the laundry services because they would be using the facilities in large groups for several hours, during the late evening 11:00pm on there would be anywhere from 10 to 30 kids laying in the hallways with their blankets, pillows and shoes thrown all over the hallways (and would not budge to let us through). I could drown on and on about Capt'n Cooks, the monorail and bus waits caused by such a large group. I was naive enough to believe staying at a deluxe would spare us the inconvenience of these extremely large groups. Unfortunately it soured our experience for a resort we have come to love and cherish.

I hope you complained to the manager while you were there! I would have been transferred out of that building immediately and out of the resort! What a nightmare!! :( If they couldn't move you I at least hope they gave you a discount off your room rate. That is totally unacceptable! Crowded I can deal with, but people running at 2:00 AM and laying in the hallways, I would have gone off the deep end!

Not happy at all. First night at the Poly, our first time here, and I go into the bathroom right after watching the fireworks from our balcony (swoon!) and there is a roach in the bathroom!!!!! I know we are in Florida but sheesh! I'm from seattle, we don't have roaches (but I grew up in Texas so I know what they look like!) and I don't want to bring any back with me (shudder)! We killed it but definitely put a sour taste in my mouth. We are staying CL TPV and for these costs I don't want to have to battle roaches!

Probably a Palmetto bug. We've seen them around all the resorts from time to time. We had a dead one in our bed at the BC a couple of years ago. They are quite common and not roaches. People love to lay in their rooms with the sliding door open and they just fly in. Probably whoever was in the room before you liked to leave the door open to hear the boats and sounds of the resort.

We called security on five separate occasions, notified three cast members upon leaving our building, had to go to the contemporary to get quick service and notified them why we had to come over there as well, and addressed it directly with the manager. It was obvious we were not the only upset guests. Our in-laws were staying in Hawaii and asked us after the first night what in the world was going on in our longhouse. We are chalking it up to a learning experience. We have already written a letter to guest relations in hopes the Poly can maintain its serenity for future guests. We love it there so much.

What did the manager say? Did he offer any solutions? Was he at least apologetic? Was his name Eric Woodard? He is the guest services manager I have been dealing with and he seems great. I'm surprised he didn't offer any support or help. :( That is really disappointing.

Oh great! That's not good..... Are you going to tell the CM's in the morning? We are also here in Hawaii right now -- TPV but on first floor. The fireworks show tonight was amazing.....

Yes I told first thing though the CM didn't seem that shocked or surprised by it. He noted it on our account and said mouse keeping would look into it. I was just surprised with the newly refurbed Hawaii building to have roaches (gag).

Ugh! Not cool. :faint:

But....were you watching fireworks from the balcony with your door open? If so, chances are that the little bugger flew right in during your watching enjoyment. I never leave my balcony door open for any length of time down there...those palmetto bugs (roaches) fly, and are quick! :eek:

No, the balcony door was closed because I'm super paranoid about mosquitoes. And this was behind the bathroom door on the floor. Definitely didn't fly in in the few seconds it took to open and close the door. :(

With all the rain we've had you will see the palmetto bugs more. The big ones are ok, they don't mean dirt or filth....that would be the little ones and they are roaches.
I know no one likes to see them but it is Florida outside and they are residents.

With all the rain we've had you will see the palmetto bugs more. The big ones are ok, they don't mean dirt or filth....that would be the little ones and they are roaches.
I know no one likes to see them but it is Florida outside and they are residents.

I figured that but it was just a surprise to find on our first night at the Poly. Still love the resort and our wonderful room with the best view!! Not sure how we can stay elsewhere from now on. Roach (palmetto) and all, lol!

Just got back to the poly from Epcot and the construction wall for the new fire pit is down! It's done. The new fire pit looks great and now the beach is wide open!

Not to bring up a sour topic, but I thought that fellow Poly lovers might want a heads up. We just returned from a 6 night 7 day stay at the Poly, our 7th consecutive trip at this amazing resort. Unfortunately this particular trip was a bit crowded. Please note I am not getting into a debate or putting down another culture, it is simply the shear size of these groups that is the problem. That being said we were in Tokelau 2nd floor which was for the large part also occupied by a Brazillian tour group.

For the price we pay for this resort we were disappointed that we were woke up on several occasions well after 2am by kids running through the hallways, banging doors as well as being woke up at 5am. We couldn't use the laundry services because they would be using the facilities in large groups for several hours, during the late evening 11:00pm on there would be anywhere from 10 to 30 kids laying in the hallways with their blankets, pillows and shoes thrown all over the hallways (and would not budge to let us through). I could drown on and on about Capt'n Cooks, the monorail and bus waits caused by such a large group. I was naive enough to believe staying at a deluxe would spare us the inconvenience of these extremely large groups. Unfortunately it soured our experience for a resort we have come to love and cherish.

Yikes! We usually travel in mid-Aug., but due to some scheduling conflicts this year, we'll be at the Poly from 7/31-8/8. I know that the BTGs are typically in the World in July and maybe the first few days of Aug., so we thought we might encounter them in the parks this trip. However, I thought they typically stayed in the Values or at POR - kind of like the Pop Warner groups. I'm surprised they'd all be staying in that many pricey deluxe rooms. I'm a little nervous now about our Poly stay. I just don't want to have to deal with the noise and crowd of a large tour group - that's why we chose Poly (and I have nothing against the race/ethnicity of the group, I'd prefer to avoid ALL large tour groups at my resort regardless of their age/ethnicity/race, etc.!)

We are going to be staying at my dream resort (the Poly) for the first time for our upcoming trip 7/30 - 8/6. :dance3: I am so excited I was able to talk DW into letting me upgrade to the Poly from POR. It is just a standard room (it is all I can afford - even at the TA rate!), but I am sure it will still be awesome!

Looks like a few of you will be there at the same time. Cool. :3dglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter