ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

We started this countdown 348 days ago!!!! :scared1: that is tortuous!!!! We had booked in July originally for Feb, but then DH work schedule made us change our trip to July....don't get me wrong, I'm still greatful we get to go, but the wait has been painful....

I am hoping to book our April 2013 trip before we even go on our July trip (if the new rates are out by then), and I think I will book a BB while down there (if offered) for Oct this yr. :rolleyes1

That should take the sting out of leaving...:headache:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Thank you both for the CSR vs. Poly info! We do have a large family group coming with the oldest being 69 and the youngest being 1. I did get us all preferred rooms. This way, I at least feel comfortable knowing we will be close to El Centro so my 69 year old mother doesn't have to walk too far for her morning iced tea. (Although she is extremely mobile - I still worry ;) )

She did LOVE the Poly but on this trip, we had to budget (WHAT???).

4. 204charity

204charity DIS Veteran

Oh wow - thanks for that great visual. We are all so excited to get there, and now you have just made me that much more excited! :cool1: Just so everyone knows, I will be reporting live from DW next week. Here on the Poly boards and also on the April boards if anyone is from there as well. :goodvibes

Wow. I WISH I could even go to DW once more in my life, let alone so many potential trips. You are so lucky you get to do that!!!! :worship:

5. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to read your live reports!! Living vicariously through you!!:woohoo:

6. auprincess

auprincess DIS Veteran

6 more days!! I'm so excited ~ we told our girls today and it was great, they are thrilled! 2 quick questions, if anyone can help ~

1. Do we need to bring our own towels to the pool?

2. I remember reading awhile back that the a/c turns off at night? Can anyone confirm if this is true or not? And, I think some ppl had some tips about how to make it stay on...

7. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Woohoo! Can't wait to read your live trip report!! :woohoo:

And yes, I feel lucky to have gone to Disney as many times as I have and am always grateful for every trip. I'm just lucky that my DH has gone along with it all. :lovestruc

8. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

I know what you mean....DH got me started with our first Disney trip but has been super supportive and positive about my new addiction:rolleyes1! I would almost use the word "compliant" !! Insert Maniacal Laugh!! :rotfl:

9. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Muahahahahahahahaha!!!! :idea:

10. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Nice! As he puts it "Hey I got you started... and now you control it!!:lmao:"

11. Grace&Carolinesmom

Grace&Carolinesmom DIS Veteran

1. There are towels at the pool.

2. The A/C has a motion detector so when there is no movement for a certain period of time when you are at the parks or asleep, it turns off. There are instructions around the board on doing an override but we usually just buy a few helium balloons. We put them where the vent blows so that they move around and it helps with the sensors....although it can be kinda scary if you wake up and see them looming in the dark :scared1:

Have fun at the Poly and don't forget those Pina Colavas....DELISH!

12. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Ha!:lmao: This would be enough to send my dream prone eldest DD into a full blown nightmare!! We did notice that it was super warm in the room when we woke up! This explains it! Good tip though!:goodvibes

13. ChristineOH

ChristineOH Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Poly last summer. It was our first WDW visit, and our first family vacation that was just our immediate family. (We live away from our families, so our trips are always to visit them.) We figured we would live it up, because we didn't know if it would be our only trip WDW.

We loved it so much that one trip has turned me into a Disney addict, I'm afraid. All of those dang One Republic Disney commercials aren't helping one bit.

We can't take a vacation this summer due to DH's work schedule (and could not afford a trip this summer anyhow) so I'm planning for us to return in June '13. My husband thinks I'm crazy for already researching!!!

While part of me would love to try another resort to see more of what Disney has to offer, part of me is paranoid that I will regret it. So, I will be debating this for months, it looks like.

14. carlnix30

carlnix30 DIS Dad #559

(I think someone answered this one) but there are LOTS of towel at the pool. Most times they are warm and yummy!:love:

Hold the power and down arrow down at the same time, for a few seconds and the thermostat will display BP then set it for what ever temp you want. Make sure you do it every night or it will reset to default. If the thermostat is new you may not have to do that. You can also call maintenance if you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself. :rotfl2:

15. SevenSeasLagoon5

SevenSeasLagoon5 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great tip! :thumbsup2

16. Carrie772

Carrie772 Resolve to Recycle!

Yes! It is scary! I get up at least once during the night and first night that balloon almost made me call out! The next night, I attached a lei to the ceiling fan chain and let it spin all night. I think it worked.

Now THIS should be on the front page! Much better than my method!

17. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

Carl, I'm going to need you to go ahead and move your trip up to, oh, say, RIGHT NOW so that I can live vicariously through your web cam, LOL!

Yesterday and today the weather is absolutely perfect for here in Seattle, and you would think that would quell some vacation fever. Nope, quite the opposite. I want to go more. :rotfl:

18. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

It's funny, the same thing happens to me ... the nice weather makes me miss the Poly more!

And I agree. Maybe you could just take up permanent residence at the Poly Carl. :rotfl2:

19. Tebrown96

Tebrown96 Mouseketeer

26 more days for us!! Can.not.wait!! :-)

Can anyone tell me when I can expect to get Mickey Mail? We booked our trip through a Disney travel agent, so I know she'll be receiving it and I will hear from her when she does. Just wondering when that will be?!?! :-)

20. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

I think it would be any day now. We live in Canada & I know for our trip last year we received our stuff a few days before our friends in Chicago (we wondered if they sent the "foreign" packages out a little earlier), but I'm pretty sure it was about a month before our travel date.

21. Tebrown96

Tebrown96 Mouseketeer

Thanks! I am so excited for that packet!

I have another question, which I will also pose to my travel agent, but figured the pros here will know the answer. Is DD (4 1/2) allowed to use a Puddle Jumper life jacket in the pool at the Poly? It's like arm swimmies attached to a part that goes around her chest - it's a Coast Guard approved life jacket. She's not fully independently swimming yet. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.