ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

I prefer wegoshop.com since they don't have a minimum order requirement. Their service is EXCELLENT and they will shop at Costco if you ask them to. They only charge you what the groceries cost instead of crazy inflated prices, plus a small service charge that is tiered based on what your order costs. It's definitely cheaper than renting a car or taxing a taxi roundtrip.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. padawans

padawans DIS Veteran

I have actually found it cheaper to rent a car. If you search for discounts you can usually rent a car for around 30-40 dollars from mco to the car center. I bought from garden grocer one year and it cost me 25.00 dollars just for tip and delivery fee.

4. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

Have you been on a Disney Cruise and had the Konk Kooler? This Island Sunset looks like it? Was wandering if it was anything like it? :confused3

5. disneydreamin247

Gina congrats on adding some extra Poly goodness to your trip! I know how exciting it is. Since I can get a sweet TA discount I'm changing our trip to all 12 nights at the Poly and I'm over the moon with excitement. What's it about the darn Poly that keeps us hooked?

6. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Sweet i have my list for tomorrow...

1. Island Sunset
    2. Back Scratcher
    3. Banana Cabana

any others?

7. princssdisnygina

AWESOME! I am a TA as well but don't get a TA discount. :confused3 I don't have my CLIA or IATA yet. :sad2:

WAIT... Didn't you ask me about how to be a Pixie?? And you are already a TA?

8. disneydreamin247

My agency told me how to get it. It's super easy.

9. princssdisnygina

But you have to have a CLIA or IATA to get a TA discount. :confused3 You have to prove it to Disney within 2 business days.

10. disneydreamin247

I meant they told me how to get the card. They're CLIA certified so it was easy peasy.

11. rao363

rao363 Mouseketeer

LAPU LAPU (Comes in a pineapple) :cool1:

12. dogsmom

dogsmom DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the info on this thread. It helped me to confirm our decision to stay at the Polynesian in December. My husband wanted to go back to WL, but my daughter and I have always wanted to stay at the Poly. So I just booked Club Level, arriving Dec. 15 for five days!! :)

13. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I have been on a Disney cruise and I did get one of those drinks. It was similar but I couldn't tell you what was in it!

Of course a lapu lapu :) but I also like the poolside lemonade. They use minute maid light in it so it is lower in calories...so you can drink all the other drinks too ;) Lots of folks like the Pina Colava. I like it too but it is very hard for me to drink a whole one because they are so filling! DH and I usually share one and then move on to other drinks!

14. Beccabunny

Beccabunny Mouseketeer

Is it possible to get something other than a Lapu lapu in a pineapple? I'd rather have something less potent.

15. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

pinacoLAVA - like a pinacolada with raspberry puree. Delicious!

16. rao363

rao363 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the name of the Alcholic Drink that they serve in the club level?? I believe it was in pitcher or something of the sort :confused3 Better yet, do they still offer it?? Thanks!

17. maiapapaya

It's called Ku'ulei's punch. They still had it in the fall and I'm pretty positive they still have it ... or there might be a riot amongst CL guests! :rotfl2:

18. rao363

rao363 Mouseketeer

Thank You!!! And May I Ask....what's your opinion on it?? :thumbsup2

19. maiapapaya

mmmmmmm, punch .... :lovestruc I find it tastes a lot like sangria (which is a good thing! :thumbsup2)

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Ugggghhhhh! I know I should not be complaining because this is our first snow storm all winter (which is obviously odd for this part of the country), however, I think Mother Nature is making up for the lack of snow all in one storm...I think my DH is going to jump out of the window if he hears me say "I wish we were at Disney right now...." (which we were supposed to be until he got sent on a trip that didn't bring him home until 2 days ago)....I keep looking at the Poly pics for warmth! :lovestruc. Anybody got any good ones today?

21. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

The more I started coming back to look at this thread, and ironically enough all of the Poly talk over on the POR thread, I realized that I can't stay away. We just aren't as happy at Disney unless it's the Polynesian. So, I called while I was at lunch today and put us back where we belong. :hippie:

We're heading back home, TPV, September 25th-October 1st!!!:banana::banana::banana: I didn't necessarily want TPV, but it was the only catagory available with the military discount. So, it's either Tuvalu or Tahiti for us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.