ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cdn Friends of Pooh

Cdn Friends of Pooh Certified Mousejunkie

Warning - you may not want to go back to POP or CBR again :rolleyes1

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

Oh, yes, Disney knows EXACTLY what they are doing when they offer those "free" upgrades! ;) It's all part of an evil plan to make us happy to part with more of our $$$ in the future!

4. Debrn

Debrn Mouseketeer

Yeah psyched about the slide

5. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

:banana: Cool - we arrive 3/3 evening & I was really disappointed about the slide (already had to break DS4's heart by telling him that BTTR & the HISTK Playground would be closed for repairs!). Hope this happens!

6. MushLRC

MushLRC Mouseketeer

OOOOHHHH ~ I can almost channel your magic :goodvibes So awesome you got upgraded. Have a wonderful time!!

7. hannahdrewmom

hannahdrewmom DIS Veteran

We arrive on the 3rd too!! I am so excited that the slide is open! :love:

8. Stasieki

Stasieki DIS Veteran

Southern Sunrise! Had it last week at the pool bar.

9. MartDM

MartDM DIS Veteran

Looks like we'll have a strong DIS showing on the 3rd! Meet you all at the slide on the 4th :thumbsup2

10. c0pperboom

c0pperboom Mouseketeer

Just booked my first stay at The Poly for May!!!! First time in a deluxe resort!! The Poly has been my dream for awhile, so excited!!!

11. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

SO SO SO EXCITED!! Just added on to our bounceback offer from a few weeks ago!! Heading to the Poly a few days early for my birthday! I haven't been at Disney for my bday in 30 years!!! I mean I have been all months but never on my bday! And not just that... we are staying CL again!!! YAY! :woohoo:

So we are doing 5 nights at the Poly CL and then sailing on the Dream! I CAN HARDLY WAIT!

I must say.. I returned to the Poly 2 years ago for the first time in over 15 years and everytime we go to book we start out somewhere else... like POFQ, or WL... and I always end up back at the Poly!! What can I say? I am addicted!! I think I need to go to Disney Anonymous! :rotfl:

Hello, my name is Gina.... and I am addicted to Disney. And worse, I am addicted to the Polynesian. :rolleyes1

12. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Yeah and it comes with a bamboo back scratcher in it, I guess they stir it with the handle portion.

13. maiapapaya

maiapapaya Totally DIS-tracted!

Congratulations on your Poly CL b'day celebration! Combined with that cruise it sounds fantastic! party:

And I think there's more than a few of us who should be joining you in your therapy group! ;)

14. crostorfer

crostorfer Gryffindor Gal

I love the Banana Cabana. Last trip, I had 4. :laughing:

15. MushLRC

MushLRC Mouseketeer

Yay! Me toooooo! Been wanting to stay @ POLY, just booked our trip for June. Have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

16. MikeRx

MikeRx Mouseketeer

I bet that was a great night...:)

Just 52 days until I can take advantage of the drink list offered here. Thanks again for all of the suggestions and updates. We will also be enjoying wishes from our room (MKV). We plan on placing a garden grocer order so we can have our own private CL room in Tahiti (if the room gods grant our request). Every report and message "from the Poly" assures me that this was an awesome choice and we may never be able to stay anywhere else at WDW.

Mike
    me:wizard:DWprincess:DS(4)pirate:DMILprincess:
    multiple on/off site trips since 1976 (I still have an E-ticket), last trip BC CL Feb 2010 (Mardi Gras/Pres weekend/Saints win) with several million other crazy people....hence the late April trip 2012...., bounceback, July 2012 for a meeting offsite and April 2013 with a Disney cruise!

[​IMG][/url

17. StitchIsOurHero

StitchIsOurHero <font color=red>I was smart enough to marry a DH w

This is my first time posting on this thread. . .

DH, DS & I are going on the Dream in June 2013 for their 40th and 5th birthdays! :) I am hoping to stay at Poly (DH's dream resort--it would be our first time there) for two nights before the cruise. . .and I'm hoping to surprise DH with Club Level!! Reading this thread has made me even more excited!!

Anyone have any idea when the 2013 rates would come out??

18. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Hello, my name is Tinkerbell - and that right there should tell you my level of addiction. I'm joining your club! ;)

Here's a picture of an Island Sunset but you can see the bar menu and the backscratcher listed on it:

[​IMG]

LOVE the banana cabana....yummy....

19. Tebrown96

Tebrown96 Mouseketeer

Poly newbie here - going in May with DH, DD (4) and my mom (adjoining room) and I am *so* incredibly excited!
    I have two questions about things I've seen mentioned in this thread:
    1) How do you get an upgrade? We just have Garden View reservations; concierge level was out of our price range.
    2) What is 'garden grocer?' Is it a nearby grocery store? We're not going to have our own transportation but would love to stock up on snacks/drinks for the room.
    Thanks!

20. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

You don't really get an upgrade....unless some pixie dust is sprinkled on you at checkin, and that won't be known until you check in....you are best off to book and pay for the category you want while there is still availability.

Garden Grocer is where you can order online things to be delivered to your room, such as pop, bread, and other such things....many people really like them and it gets good reviews for service :)

Have a wonderful trip!

21. rao363

rao363 Mouseketeer

I have used Garden Grocer several times! Definitely helps save some money with stocking up on juices, water, milk, snacks, etc. We also order baby things such as diapers and wipes. Saves us some space in our suitcase! Psss...they also deliver beer too!:cool1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.