ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireneryan

ireneryan DIS Veteran

Sorry that your daughter got sick on your last trip. Did it affect most of her days or just the swimming parts, I do know all kids have different reactions to being sick...:confused3 Here's some pixie dustpixiedust: for an illness free fall trip! But you're right they do sound like very similar situations.:goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Oh I hope you have a fantastic vacation !:banana:

4. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Ok thank you :thumbsup2 I think that would be worth it if you did not have to buy the dining plan and maybe eat one big meal a day like you said and use the CL for eating the rest of the day.

5. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Just wandered about how crowded the volcano pool has been since GF's pool rehab is taking place now ? Are a lot of the GF guest using the volcano pool ? Anyone who is there now or has stayed in the past week have any word on this ?

6. CindyIsMyFave

CindyIsMyFave DIS Veteran

Thank you!!!! :)

7. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

Yes, I still have family there and visit often. I am very familiar with Meridian. I guess MS is only so big!!

We have gotten a HA room, and it had a tub but only the one sink. But it wasn't an issue for us. Hope you get your requests, but sometimes you end up pleasantly surprised and get something else just as great - we didn't know we would love Rapa Nui until it was assigned to us when our request wasn't granted!

Keep us posted! :) :)

8. TeamTilson

TeamTilson O'hana

We were there today (Thurs 8/30) and it was not crowded at all. Plenty of tables/chairs and lots of room to wade. Short lines at the Volcano slide. We were there between 10am-2:30pm. Open hammocks and tons of lounge chairs on the beach. It was a hot day too!

9. TeamTilson

TeamTilson O'hana

Hi Poly friends! Back from a magical vacation!! How does the Bounceback work? Do they email us? DD and I are hoping for a quick trip in February. To save money, we'll probably stay value since we want to make this trip about the parks and rides.

10. kinggoofy

kinggoofy DIS Veteran

We just spent 12 days there. In the mornings, it was not an issue at all. tables and chairs were not an issue if you got there in the AM.

the only day we had a problem finding a table with chairs was Thurs 8-16. We got to the pool at 330pm so we knew it would be like finding a needle in a haystack anyways.

The pool did crowd up on the weekend. so dont be blind to that. But if you are there early enough it would be a non-issue. On the weekends we did spend at the pool, we were out of there by 2-3pm when it started to get crowded.

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We noticed the difference and thought the Poly rooms were MUCH larger than the BC rooms. The BC rooms are pretty good size, but we did find the rooms at the Poly to be more spacious for the 4 of us :).

IMO, there aren't any "bad" views at the Poly, although there are some rooms with better views than others. My suggestion would be Samoa, 1st floor (patio) or 3rd floor (balcony). We stayed in Samoa and had a nice view of the quiet pool and loved the location as it is very convenient to everything. Enjoy the Poly......it's our favorite resort and we just love everything about it :goodvibes.

Bouncebacks are offers for future stays that must be booked while you are checked into a Disney resort. Once you check out, you are no longer eligible to book a BB. With that said, BB offers during Aug & Sept are usually for free dining for select dates in Aug/Sept of the following year.

12. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

and I believe she sacked out in the cabana for a nap as well too ;)

Heaven knows I could have!

It is a matter of opinion where you spend your money. On our next trip I will definitely add that little luxury one day while we are there. It is all a matter of what your really looking to get out of it. It sounds like for your family it will be perfect for your transfer day!

Enjoy!

13. BreezysMom

BreezysMom DIS Veteran

You do have to book BB while you are there but I have received two pin code e,ails upon my return and they were for dates up until 12/31/12.

The BB was not so food. Free dining from 8/16-9-/28?? So your February dates were never an option. Hopefully some kind of discount or code will be right for you?

Glad you had a magical Vacation

14. Snaddy

Snaddy Earning My Ears

Hi! We are planning our first Poly trip for March 2013. I was wondering if the self-serve Dole Whip Machine also has the pineapple juice to make the yummy Dole Whip Floats?

15. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

We recently returned from a wonderful 10-day stay at the BC but myself and my two teen girls have always wanted to try the Poly. We've dined there at least twice on every single trip we've taken in the past and love the theme & atmosphere of this resort. So on this trip, after our O'hana breakfast, we took a little tour of the resort and a CM showed us one of the rooms. The girls and I really liked the resort, DH didn't really care for the room but is flexible plus he knows he's "outnumbered" in a house full of women ;). My question to all the Poly lovers, does the room view really matter at this resort? We're looking to do another 10-day next August and may be looking to do a split stay between a moderate and the Poly. If I book a Std vw room, to keep the cost down, will it be a horrible location? Are there any standard view rooms closer to the main building? Any suggestions based on past experiences would be greatly appreciated.

16. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

If you are already home then you have missed it. There should have been a clock looking piece of paper on the dresser/counter in your room. That was the bounceback offer. It has to be booked before you check out. :worried:

17. gaildmoody

gaildmoody Mouseketeer

The room view is completely up to you. There are some great standard view rooms with a great view. Samoa is right there in the middle next to the volcano pool and you can get a great view looking at the pool which, if you are located right, also looks at the Grand Floridian. The standard view can also look at the quiet pool, "garden" type areas and the monorail. These used to be called the Garden View but they changed it. You can make a request but of course, its never guaranteed. :thumbsup2

18. sargenca

sargenca Mouseketeer

I think the whole resort is just so beautiful, and I personally don't think the room view is that important. I don't think there is a horrible location at the Poly - because it's the Poly! My very first stay at the Poly 12 years ago, we were looking at Cinderella's castle from our patio. Now although that was pretty magical, I haven't booked that view since then and really haven't missed it. In fact, we had one of the parking lot views last year and we were okay with it because we got our Rapa Nui request. :) :)

19. mommyrosa2

mommyrosa2 DIS Veteran

Thank you...now if I were to make a request, which building should I be requesting if I wanted to be closer to the main building?

What is that?

20. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Thats good news, hope GF guests decided it's to much of a hassle to travel over to use the Poly pool :thumbsup2

21. maryj11

maryj11 DIS Veteran

Ok thanks for the tip. How about later at night, was it crowded then ? Like around when the fireworks and EP start ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.