ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I also had a question about the sea racyers. Is there an age limit for how old you have to be to ride in them for kids?

Thanks!

We will be at the Poly for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knows which building is being refurbished first? We are trying to decide which building to request and it may
sway our decision if we got a newly refurbished room!

Holy moly, it's finally here! The night before Disney! My flight is at 6:30 a.m. :faint: tomorrow, and we're starting our stay at AKL SV before moving to Poly GV on Sunday through next Friday. :goodvibes Hope we can all get just a little sleep before our insane wake up time. Wish us luck! Jambo and Alooooooooooooooooohaaaaaa!!!

Holy moly, it's finally here! The night before Disney! My flight is at 6:30 a.m. :faint: tomorrow, and we're starting our stay at AKL SV before moving to Poly GV on Sunday through next Friday. :goodvibes Hope we can all get just a little sleep before our insane wake up time. Wish us luck! Jambo and Alooooooooooooooooohaaaaaa!!!

Have a wonderful trip!!!! :cool1:

Happy Travels!!!!!!:cheer2:

JVP1 said:
We will be at the Poly for Christmas. I was wondering if anyone knows which building is being refurbished first? We are trying to decide which building to request and it may
sway our decision if we got a newly refurbished room!

I am interested in this as well. We are looking to stay the first weekend in Jan and would really prefer updated room. also is there anymore if a timeframe as to what may or may nor be under construction? I have checked Tikiman's site but everything still looks iffy as far as time.

Did online check in this morning and put in a request for the Fiji Longhouse, I hope we get it!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

I am looking for the current food offerings in the CL for Sun, Mon, and Tues. I have the other days already.

Sunday-Bacon Wrapped Ginger Chicken, Sweet Chili Sauce, Brie with raspberry en-croute, raspberry sauce, smoked turkey and mango salad

Monday-Tuna Poke, Spicy mayonnaise, California Sushi roll, Vegetable Su
shi Roll, Wasabi, pickled ginger, soy sauce, Kona Salad

Tuesday-Conch Fritters, Mango Tartar sauce, vegetable cornucopia, Tropical Salad, banana strawberry and coconut soup.

Wednesday-Kona sticky wings, pork dumplings, sweet chili sauce, green bean and tomato salad with toasted almonds.

Thursday- Beef wellington, guava almond empanada, Soba noodle salad

Friday-Cocktail meatballs, sweet and sour sauce, crab rangoons, sweat Thai chili sauce, Kim Chee.

Saturday- Pork Satay with “Spirit of Aloha” BBQ Sauce, Vegetable spring rolls, oriental hot mustard, edemame salad.

Sunday-Bacon Wrapped Ginger Chicken, Sweet Chili Sauce, Brie with raspberry en-croute, raspberry sauce, smoked turkey and mango salad

Tuesday-Conch Fritters, Mango Tartar sauce, vegetable cornucopia, Tropical Salad, banana strawberry and coconut soup.

Wednesday-Kona sticky wings, pork dumplings, sweet chili sauce, green bean and tomato salad with toasted almonds.

Friday-Cocktail meatballs, sweet and sour sauce, crab rangoons, sweat Thai chili sauce, Kim Chee.

Saturday- Pork Satay with “Spirit of Aloha” BBQ Sauce, Vegetable spring rolls, oriental hot mustard, edemame salad.

You're making me hungry!!!! :hyper:

Hello everyone-
I'm new to the boards, obviously by all of the following questions. I just booked for March 2013 to stay at the Poly. It will be the first trip for me, DH, DS1 (9), DS2 (9) and DD (5). We are excited. I have booked a garden view for now, room only because there are so many options! We would love a balcony. Can anyone give me advice on which buildings to request and what is the best way to request? I am a total newbie! Also, would you upgrade to a lagoon view given the price......I just want the wow factor of our vacation and its so hard my head is spinning with information! Any advice on buildings, rooms, views is so appreciated! Thank you so much!

:cool1:

Thanks for the info.

Hello everyone-
I'm new to the boards, obviously by all of the following questions. I just booked for March 2013 to stay at the Poly. It will be the first trip for me, DH, DS1 (9), DS2 (9) and DD (5). We are excited. I have booked a garden view for now, room only because there are so many options! We would love a balcony. Can anyone give me advice on which buildings to request and what is the best way to request? I am a total newbie! Also, would you upgrade to a lagoon view given the price......I just want the wow factor of our vacation and its so hard my head is spinning with information! Any advice on buildings, rooms, views is so appreciated! Thank you so much!

I would request Tokelau. It has balconies on the second floor, centrally located and bigger rooms then the older buildings. if I was going to spend the money for lagoon view I would book garden view concierge for about the same price. With concierge you get the food and drinks and a great view from the lounge.

mme03 said:
Hello everyone-

Welcome! We are in almost the same boat as you. DD 10' DS 7 staying at poly from 2/28-3/8 for our first Disney trip. We went with Samoa house with 3rd floor pool view. You can see some great pics in the poly pic thread or I loveEeyores trip report since she just got back in the trip report forum.
What are your dates?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Can anyone get me a current menu for the CL lounge? Someone posted a few days ago the wed-sat menu but I would love to know Sun-Tues. :confused3

gaildmoody said:
Can anyone get me a current menu for the CL lounge? Someone posted a few days ago the wed-sat menu but I would love to know Sun-Tues. :confused3

I think Tkiman posed a new menu on his site not too long ago. I think saw him post about it on FB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter