1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by guitarob, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iloveeeyore

iloveeeyore DIS Veteran

OH, HOW I LONG FOR INDIANAPOLIS RIGHT NOW! OK, I'm only going to say this once to get it out of my system:

GO GIANTS!!!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. mouseketeermama

mouseketeermama Mouseketeer

The furthest out I have been able to find is 15 days. I think that you are going to be just fine though! 75 and sunny during the day low 60's at night....ahhh!

4. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Where did you find 15 day outlook? Thanks!

5. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

I've gone the past 2 years around this same time and we always do well with layers. It's definitely cooler at night and early morning, so jeans and hoodies work, but then we do short sleeves underneath so we can take off layers during the day. Highs in the low 70s sound like heaven after the snow we had this weekend! :cloud9:

6. PreacherMouse

PreacherMouse Earning My Ears

Never been any time other than summer and I will admit the heat gets to me at points and I get a little "un-Disney" so I am looking forward to comfortable temps. The lower crowd levels too, of course. :thumbsup2

7. BrianTheMute

BrianTheMute Earning My Ears

Did Captain Cooks stop selling Tonga Toast? It's not on the DIS Menu anymore.

8. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

I agree! Most of Indiana is rooting for the Giants! We are happy to have one Manning in Lucas Oil for the SuperBowl! This will definitely be Giants country beginning next week! :goodvibes

9. disneydreamin247

disneydreamin247 DIS Veteran

Well if my team can't be in it (the REAL NY team ;)) then let's go Big Blue!!!:cheer2:

10. cassiopia419

cassiopia419 Earning My Ears

Wow, looks like they removed everything hot from the menu for breakfast according to that menu, except oatmeal. The one on AllEars is dated a year ago, which is the one we had been looking at to plan all our quick/hot breakfasts.

Can anyone that's there now or has been in the last month confirm this new (and very disappointing) menu?

11. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

That can't be accurate. There's no way they stopped serving everything hot, including eggs, Mickey waffles, and Tonga Toast. I would revolt if that happened.

12. disneydreamin247

If this is true then I will have to book a few more Kona Cafe breakfasts when I do our ADRs in 2 weeks. CL breakfast gets old after 10 days.

13. disneydreamin247

:rotfl: Can you imagine a group of angry Poly guests storming Captain Cooks demanding hot breakfast?

14. cricketgirl

cricketgirl I've waited my whole life for this!

ME TOOOOOOOO:banana::banana::banana:

15. mouseketeermama

mouseketeermama Mouseketeer

16. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

17. jandkmom

jandkmom Mouseketeer

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :banana:

(that's what we would look like, demanding Tonga Toast)

18. 204charity

204charity DIS Veteran

WHAT?!?!?!?! :eek:

19. joshua4

joshua4 DIS Veteran

Help -- leaving for Poly in two days and the person I am travelling with is bringing a laptop and wanted to know if the safe in the room is big enough to hold a standard laptop. I don't recall how big disney safes are --- anyone remember??? Thanks.

Lauren

20. princssdisnygina

princssdisnygina Disney Princess

Nope. But you could always just keep it in your suitcase if you feel uneasy about it. I took my laptop last year and never had a problem. Just kept it on the desk. :thumbsup2

21. JessietheNCCowgirl

JessietheNCCowgirl Yeehaw!

Just jumping in to say thanks for the info on this thread. Only a week to go until I'm at the Poly with my mom and daughter (our first girl's only trip)! :woohoo:

My mom and daughter (9) think we're staying at POFQ but I upgraded us to the Poly last week using the AP discount. :banana: I'm still trying to figure out how to keep it a surprise from them - I'd like to be on the DME bus and when it pulls up to the Poly say "we need to get out here", but I don't think that's very realistic. Our flight lands at MCO next Wednesday night around 9:50 PM. Since the landing is so close to the 10:00 PM DME luggage cut off time we won't be using our yellow luggage tags and claiming our luggage so my mom won't see the resort name on the tags. But I'm guessing they'll figure out we're going to the Polynesian when we get in the line for the bus going there and not the POFQ bus.

Any thoughts on how I should surprise them given the logistics of DME without revealing prior to arriving at the Poly, or do you think the reveal will need to happen at MCO?

Also, any updates on the volcano pool/slide - I read a few pages back that it may be closed while we are there?

Mahalo!

:upsidedow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.