ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at all these pics is making me so excited! I'd begun to second guess splurging for the Poly instead of doing POFQ or another moderate. After looking at these pictures I'm certain we're making the right decision for our family. My boys will love being so close to Magic Kingdom & watching fireworks from the beach!

I love all the pictures!! REally, the rooms don't look as dark as I had been envisioning them. Especially with the curtains open like that.

Thanks for all of the pictures everyone. We leave in just four days and I cannot get enough of them.

Lauren

I love all the pictures!! REally, the rooms don't look as dark as I had been envisioning them. Especially with the curtains open like that.

I never found the rooms dark...I like how they updated them a few years ago (apart from the bedspreads, but that's typical Disney ;) )

Is there room for a roll away bed in the room. I have asked and they said no problem bnut it sure looks like it might be tight?
We leave in 5 days.

Is there room for a roll away bed in the room. I have asked and they said no problem bnut it sure looks like it might be tight?
We leave in 5 days.

There would be if you put it parallel to the daybed, but you would want to fold it up in the day so it's not blocking your access to the balcony. Did you know that the daybed/sofa folds down into a single bed? Just making sure in case you don't need the roll away.

oh, and thanks for that bananas foster pic 1971DBday, it's been hard enough not to snack tonight, now I'm craving that sticky deliciousness! :rotfl2:

There would be if you put it parallel to the daybed, but you would want to fold it up in the day so it's not blocking your access to the balcony. Did you know that the daybed/sofa folds down into a single bed? Just making sure in case you don't need the roll away.

Thanks, Yes we knew about the daybed, but we are thinking we may need the fold up bed since we are having some restless leg going on and there is tons of kicking at night. I haven't slept in days because I get kicked all night. That is in a king size bed and I can't imagine it getting better in a queen size. It will be me hubby, niece and nephew so I figure that would work best.
Thanks

We leave in 5 days.

It would be tight.. I would recommend asking them to remove the chair and ottoman for your stay. But if your niece and nephew are little they would be able to share a bed. your hubby could sleep on the twin/couch and you would get the queen bed to yourself.. the rooms in the poly are among the largest rooms on property besides the villas . I think they are pretty roomy.:thumbsup2

Good morning y'all!! The hammocks are waiting!

DSCF5102.jpg

DSCF5099.jpg

Good morning y'all!! The hammocks are waiting!

DSCF5102.jpg

DSCF5099.jpg

Wow some amazing pics you share! I hope when I get down there I can take some just like these. I wonder what would help me from feeling overwhelmed or worried if I got the right shot when wanting to take pics of the resort or parks.

Ohh I just noticed 1 month left!

It would be tight.. I would recommend asking them to remove the chair and ottoman for your stay. But if your niece and nephew are little they would be able to share a bed. your hubby could sleep on the twin/couch and you would get the queen bed to yourself.. the rooms in the poly are among the largest rooms on property besides the villas . I think they are pretty roomy.:thumbsup2
Thanks, now way hubby would sleep or fit for that matter on a twin couch. Niece is 12, nephew 16. I am 6 foot hubby 6.2. I think I'm gonna call and see what i can get done. May just try it first night since we get in so late and see how everyone does as is.

Thanks, now way hubby would sleep or fit for that matter on a twin couch. Niece is 12, nephew 16. I am 6 foot hubby 6.2. I think I'm gonna call and see what i can get done. May just try it first night since we get in so late and see how everyone does as is.

My younger cousin is 13 and will be sharing a bed with either me or my mom. I don't know if you'd feel comfortable sharing with her. That could eliminate the need for an extra bed.

My younger cousin is 13 and will be sharing a bed with either me or my mom. I don't know if you'd feel comfortable sharing with her. That could eliminate the need for an extra bed.

I was going to suggest the same thing ~ DH has a bed, you and niece share a bed, and then nephew gets the daybed. Just a thought.

Well, I'm not sure we will be back to the Poly in October....because we are taking a Disney cruise! :woohoo: We are still doing 3 nights for F&W, but probably at BWI or BC since they're close to Epcot.

Well, I'm not sure we will be back to the Poly in October....because we are taking a Disney cruise! :woohoo: We are still doing 3 nights for F&W, but probably at BWI or BC since they're close to Epcot.

ooh, sounds like a fun trip! I would love to do a cruise sometime and a F&W only trip, so that sounds wonderful to me!

Wow some amazing pics you share! I hope when I get down there I can take some just like these. I wonder what would help me from feeling overwhelmed or worried if I got the right shot when wanting to take pics of the resort or parks.

Ohh I just noticed 1 month left!

I figured out that an 8 gig memory card holds 300-500 raw photos.. We took over 3000 photos our last trip and salvaged about 2400. So take photos, take them often and invest in lots of memory cards!! I really don't like the Kodak photo spots.. I like to find photos that others haven't taken.. Really hard at Disney! I cannot wait to take my D5100 to Disney this year! Did you see my photoshoot I did with the D5100 of my DD17?

my first photo shoot on YouTube!

I really like the way it came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter