ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day! Have not been to Disney in a few years and will be heading to the Poly in June for my first stay there! VERY EXCITED! :cool1:We will be celebrating my DS 10th birthday and my 20th anniversary. Can you order a cake at the Poly or do you have to order it somewhere else. like GF, and get it delivered!

Thanks!
Nikita

Very interesting. While I would like them to have better control over who is utilizing the pool areas, I do not want them to interrupt the view either! Hopefully they come up with a viable solution that addresses both of those issues.

So sorry to hear of your bad experience. While I have never experienced a dirty room at the Poly, I have certainly seen the peeling paint but its never bothered me because with all the humidity, I understand why it happens. The rooms are used MUCH more than a Holiday Inn hotel too. I travel a ton and while I might find more 'pristine' rooms, I can't ever find the magic that the Poly offers. So those little things, like the peeling paint, just don't bug me. And as someone who stays at many Disney resorts, I can say these types of things happen at all the resorts.

Now at ALL hotels I stay at, I ALWAYS find something wrong with the room. I used to work at a high end hotel and do the room inspections. So having this background, I make it a point to tell the hotel everything I found with the room that they should check out. If it is impacting my stay, I tell them to address it while I am there but otherwise, I prefer if they wait until I leave so I don't have to deal with them coming in and out. But for every stay, I could tell you 10 things wrong with the room and 10 other things wrong with the hotel grounds/amenities. I'm not saying it is right, but they really do rely on guests for comments - both positive and negative.

None of this means that you did not have a good experience or should have with that type of room. I hope that you were compensated in whatever way you thought appropriate. Disney has compensated me for issues I have had - in different ways but always to my satisfaction.

Yes, these things happen and can happen anywhere. Don't fool yourself into any resort, hotel, or vacation is going to be *perfect*. The best thing about Disney is you are armed with all sorts of feedback from the DIS. So be prepared for what to expect. If you really are afraid you will be disappointed, choose a resort you feel more comfortable with - or try a split stay. I can't tell you that you will love the Poly but I will say that there are many fans of the resort and that the resort offers many great things. We are fans for a reason! Good luck with your decision.

I'm definitely no fool and know nothing is perfect...I wouldn't be expecting such a disaster if that was the case. :rotfl2:

I just expect as good as what I have experienced in my most recent 6 visits to Disney. If I get a clean room, in good working condition, I am a happy girl. :goodvibes

What was described earlier by auntie is quite the opposite of what I would expect.

I'm definitely no fool and know nothing is perfect...I wouldn't be expecting such a disaster if that was the case. :rotfl2:

I just expect as good as what I have experienced in my most recent 6 visits to Disney. If I get a clean room, in good working condition, I am a happy girl. :goodvibes

What was described earlier by auntie is quite the opposite of what I would expect.

as far as the rooms or villas go, i seem to look the other way. but im a man. as long as the tv, remote, frig and toilet works , im good. :lmao:

Good day! Have not been to Disney in a few years and will be heading to the Poly in June for my first stay there! VERY EXCITED! :cool1:We will be celebrating my DS 10th birthday and my 20th anniversary. Can you order a cake at the Poly or do you have to order it somewhere else. like GF, and get it delivered!

Thanks!
Nikita

You can get a cake delivered to the poly from the Disney world website. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

Or uf you are staying club level you can call the IPO and make arrangements.

wishuponastar, we arrive on Thursday, the day after you. If you see us around the Poly with a lime green mickey head, stop and say hi.

as far as the rooms or villas go, i seem to look the other way. but im a man. as long as the tv, remote, frig and toilet works , im good. :lmao:

That's pretty much my DH attitude...but then again, he knows he has me, and if I'm not happy, I tend to make it known. :furious: :rotfl:

We just got back from what was for the most part a great stay at the Poly - our first in about 15 years - we did get "tagged" one day around the pool area :thumbsup2 and my DH noted that on two days there were construction types taking survey measurements between the pool area and GCH.....maybe for pool rehab - or we thought maybe preliminary for GCH renovation....either way something is up ::yes::

We just got back from what was for the most part a great stay at the Poly - our first in about 15 years - we did get "tagged" one day around the pool area :thumbsup2 and my DH noted that on two days there were construction types taking survey measurements between the pool area and GCH.....maybe for pool rehab - or we thought maybe preliminary for GCH renovation....either way something is up ::yes::

What building / room view did you end up with ? When you were "tagged" at the pool was it during the week or weekend ?

How was the resort overall from a cleanliness standpoint. Any room issues /

thanks
KG

:rotfl: Ok, ok...I guess the bigger question here is "IS THERE A COUPLE OUT THERE THAT DOES ALL OF THE PLANNING TOGETHER???" They should be celebrated...:lmao:

Disney planning Husband and Wife team right here! DH and I both LOVE Disney (altho I might be slightly more obsessed than him lol). I do the actual booking of things, but we discuss everything together before hand. But the thing that irks me about my sweet DH is that he won't get a DIS account. He just uses MINE! LOL I think that planning everything together makes the trips more exciting for our family because it's something we did together!! It just adds to that Disney Magic! And DH didn't even complain when I made our bathroom and office Disney Themed!! Did I tell you how much I love this man?!:thumbsup2

Didn't mean to husband bash.....I apologize!!!:blush:
He truly is a great guy, and we wouldn't be going if it weren't for him and how hard he works!!!! Just a little teeny bit annoying when all reservations are made and as he studies MY itinerary politely mentions "can we change just a couple of things???!!!":rolleyes1
Seriously, he LOVES Disney, and 22 years ago that was also a prerequisite before marriage!! I took him for our first wedding anniversary 21 years ago (his very first time) and he talks about that trip and 2 subsequent ones ALL the time. This is our first time staying Deluxe club level. CANNOT wait!!!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful trip too!!

My husband loves going to WDW, and he is game for anything BUT messes up my very carefully and painstakingly planned itineraries without meaning to. He pays no attention whatsoever to planning. So, we'll be in a park and I'll have the day generally designed for many reasons --ADRs, crowd management -- and without thinking, he'll cluelessly get my DD5 (MUST manage expectations!) all excited about doing something completely impractical or impossible! "Hey! Let's go to the opposite side of the park to see if Stitch is there!" or "Dontcha want to go see if we can eat lunch with Cinderella?" Well, yes, but we'd have to have made that ressie 180 days ago! :rolleyes1 :duck:

Yikes! I definitely did not mean to imply you were a fool :scared1: - so sorry if that came out wrong! I just meant to say that no resort is perfect and as long as you don't go expecting it, you'll be fine. I think a lot of people have a certain expectation for Disney Deluxe resorts - especially at these prices. But the price, while it is for the deluxe rooms and amenities, is really about LOCATION! Anyway, hope you feel good about your upcoming stay at the Poly! :goodvibes

Yikes! I definitely did not mean to imply you were a fool :scared1: - so sorry if that came out wrong! I just meant to say that no resort is perfect and as long as you don't go expecting it, you'll be fine. I think a lot of people have a certain expectation for Disney Deluxe resorts - especially at these prices. But the price, while it is for the deluxe rooms and amenities, is really about LOCATION! Anyway, hope you feel good about your upcoming stay at the Poly! :goodvibes

Oh! No offense taken :hug:
I was basically just stating that I am obviously going into this expecting the worst (it's my nature), but I am hopeful that our Poly stay is, in fact, magical. :wizard:

Hhhmmmmm......very interesting. :scratchin Now if he had only been really ballsy(perhaps after a few lapu lapus) and walked up and asked them what they were doing the measurments FOR....we would really get a buzz going :lmao: Seriously though, much thanks for the info, :thumbsup2

Just booked our first ever Poly stay !
We are Disney veterans and former castmembers, our most frequent
resort is POFQ. However this trip is for my 50th Birthday and Our 20th Anniversary so DH said I could chose any resort :cool1:
Look Out Poly peeps we will be there for 10 days in December !!!!!!!

Back from our second Poly stay. Loved it just as much as the first time. DS7 was sick for part of this trip, and while that was a bummer, it also allowed us to slow down a little and spend some more time at the resort. Walking around the grounds late at night or early in the morning is just gorgeous and ends (or begins) your day in such a magical way. We were also tagged one day at the pool...it wasn't overly crowded that day, but I was glad to see they were trying to keep a handle on the crowds. Every year we plan to try a different resort, but I don't think we will ever love anywhere as much as the Poly! I'm hoping to be back in 2013. :love:

Back from our second Poly stay. Loved it just as much as the first time. DS7 was sick for part of this trip, and while that was a bummer, it also allowed us to slow down a little and spend some more time at the resort. Walking around the grounds late at night or early in the morning is just gorgeous and ends (or begins) your day in such a magical way. We were also tagged one day at the pool...it wasn't overly crowded that day, but I was glad to see they were trying to keep a handle on the crowds. Every year we plan to try a different resort, but I don't think we will ever love anywhere as much as the Poly! I'm hoping to be back in 2013. :love:

Pictures PLEASE!!!!!!! Glad to hear both of your had wonderful trips and that they are handing out wristbands!!!!

Just booked our first ever Poly stay !
We are Disney veterans and former castmembers, our most frequent
resort is POFQ. However this trip is for my 50th Birthday and Our 20th Anniversary so DH said I could chose any resort :cool1:
Look Out Poly peeps we will be there for 10 days in December !!!!!!!

Congratulations! You will love it! We've got 11 days coming up in just 35!!!

35 days to go and we finally got our DISNEY MAIL!!!!!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar:mickeyjum:mickeybar

I also booked out transportation to and from the airport, ordered the wrong DVRs for the camcorder (good thing I have time to return and get the right ones), suitcases are out, and paperwork is all organized!

I'm ready....:moped:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter