Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I found on Disney Moms panel...

The Monorail schedules have been adjusted on the Magic Kingdom and Epcot beams as part of an enhancement to the Monorail Operating System. The monorails are currently operating on a fixed schedule during the update:

* 8:30 a.m. - midnight on the Magic Kingdom Resort beam
* 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. on the Magic Kingdom Express beam
* 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. on the Epcot beam

In order to assist Guests reach their destinations, there will be additional buses and watercraft (where applicable) to transport Guests. Once you arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC), there will be buses to take you to the Magic Kingdom just to the right of the Monorail Station.

The Ferries typically begin operating 30 minutes before the Magic Kingdom opens. This includes morning Extra Magic Hours. If the Magic Kingdom opens at 8:00 a.m., the Ferries should begin running from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom at 7:30 a.m.

During the time that the Monorail lines are down for the operating system update, there will be Cast Members on hand at the TTC to assist Guests.

How long is this schedule expected to be in place? I was looking forward to the monorail for rope drop, especially since one of our party will be using a wheel chair.

Ok so I was lucky enough to get an 8:05 breakfast ADR at BOG on my daughters birthday. ( she still has no idea:flower1:). So will I be able to get a bus to MK that early?

I hope so too!! Just had a small Basal cell removed.
Blessings SueM, hoping you heal fast! Skin checks every 6 months for me, lost my dad to melanoma at a very young age. Disney has tons of umbrellas on castaway cay, I hope they provide more at Poly, for some of us needing shade, it's a serious concern. Please everyone check your skin and be careful, ok, done with my public service announcement, sorry:flower1:.

I just counted 6 umbrella tables. There does seem to be lots more chairs. I agree they could use more umbrellas. They especially need to bring the cabanas back!!

I so want the cabanas back! We haven't stayed at the poly since March 2014 due to the construction but are coming to be there over Halloween. I will be about 38 weeks pregnant and we are planning several pool days. We love having the cabanas and I could really use one this trip!

We just checked in today (well, I guess yesterday now) and we love it here. I requested third floor Samoa and my request was granted. We are facing the quiet pool and I do enjoy the quietness of that side of Samoa. The new pool area is great! My boys love the new kids area by the main pool. I agree with other posters that more shade is needed by the pool. Hopefully some umbrellas or something will be added soon. We love the new lobby. I think it looks better in person vs. pictures I've seen. We think the resort is gorgeous and we all enjoyed our first day here. :)

Hey guys anyone who has been recently know if the hammocks are back yet? I really loved spending time laying in the hammocks last time we were at the Poly and I'm kinda unnecessarily devastated that they took them away! If anyone goes soon and spots them please report back!

We just checked in today (well, I guess yesterday now) and we love it here. I requested third floor Samoa and my request was granted. We are facing the quiet pool and I do enjoy the quietness of that side of Samoa. The new pool area is great! My boys love the new kids area by the main pool. I agree with other posters that more shade is needed by the pool. Hopefully some umbrellas or something will be added soon. We love the new lobby. I think it looks better in person vs. pictures I've seen. We think the resort is gorgeous and we all enjoyed our first day here. :)

Enjoy your stay and thanks for reporting back!! How is the construction since you're facing the quiet pool? I guess that answers my question about whether or not the rooms facing the construction are open. :) I was thinking of making my only request Samoa to try & increase my chances of getting it. I'd love to be close to the pool & transportation. I don't really care if I have a balcony or not as it will be so hot in August I probably wouldn't use it. But I'd really love the convenience of Samoa. Are they doing construction on the east pool itself?

Hey guys anyone who has been recently know if the hammocks are back yet? I really loved spending time laying in the hammocks last time we were at the Poly and I'm kinda unnecessarily devastated that they took them away! If anyone goes soon and spots them please report back!

When I was there in April (for dinner, I didn't actually stay at the Poly) the hammocks were along the beach. I don't know if they took them away afterwards but they were definitely there this past April.

Disney_luvr...ENJOY your stay and the 4th Fireworks show!:flower: Was the pool overcrowded in your opinion with the upcoming extended holiday weekend?:confused3 TIA!

Enjoy your stay and thanks for reporting back!! How is the construction since you're facing the quiet pool? I guess that answers my question about whether or not the rooms facing the construction are open. :) I was thinking of making my only request Samoa to try & increase my chances of getting it. I'd love to be close to the pool & transportation. I don't really care if I have a balcony or not as it will be so hot in August I probably wouldn't use it. But I'd really love the convenience of Samoa. Are they doing construction on the east pool itself?
I know this is off topic but where is online check in and where do you do it? I don't see it and I only have the ability to request one longhouse and a floor (ex Samoa Balcony) am I missing something or is it because I used the deal not to be named?

Construction on the quiet pool hasn't started yet so I can't comment on that. Right now the view is great from the room. We actually had a choice between a second floor room facing the main pool or a third floor room facing the quiet pool. Obviously we picked third floor because I like having a balcony even though I don't physically sit on it a lot; the option is there if I'd like to. Also, I was worried that the main pool would get to be too noisy. Last night when we came back from the MK, the tiki torches were lit by the main pool and I thought the whole area (main pool, marina, GF in back) looked so pretty so I'm sure the view from Samoa main pool side is beautiful. The convenience of Samoa is awesome so I'm very happy to be in this building.

Last edited:
Disney_luvr...ENJOY your stay and the 4th Fireworks show!:flower: Was the pool overcrowded in your opinion with the upcoming extended holiday weekend?:confused3 TIA!

When we first got to the pool yesterday around 11:00 crowds weren't bad at all. As the day went on it got very crowded and I saw many families looking for chairs but none were available. The pool was full but not too full that you couldn't enjoy it. I think the biggest problem at the pool is shade. More shade is needed. I found it uncomfortable when sitting on the lounger for a few minutes; it's just too dang hot so I'd have to get up to take a dip in
the pool to cool off a little. I think the kids play area helps with crowds; many kids over there.

When I was there in April (for dinner, I didn't actually stay at the Poly) the hammocks were along the beach. I don't know if they took them away afterwards but they were definitely there this past April.
I thought I read recently that the trees that used to hold the hammocks are now gone, so the hammocks will not be back :sad: Can anyone there now confirm??

When we first got to the pool yesterday around 11:00 crowds weren't bad at all. As the day went on it got very crowded and I saw many families looking for chairs but none were available. The pool was full but not too full that you couldn't enjoy it. I think the biggest problem at the pool is shade. More shade is needed. I found it uncomfortable when sitting on the lounger for a few minutes; it's just too dang hot so I'd have to get up to take a dip in
the pool to cool off a little. I think the kids play area helps with crowds; many kids over there.
Thanks for feedback !:flower1:The pool area sounds so pretty at night with the Tiki Torches!:thumbsup2

We just got back. Sorry... we did not see any hammocks anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter