Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just (this morning) switched to the Polynesian from WL for our summer trip. It's been 6 years since we've stayed at PR and I'm really excited about it :flower1:

I think for December you'd be making a good call. Looks as though work over at WL will begin in September, although it could get delayed. WL at Christmas is so stunning. It would be a shame to miss that...
I switched for the larger room and the tropical atmosphere.

At the Polynesian, you could request ground floor, close to GCH and be very close to monorail (although it is up the steps/elevator) and Captain Cook's/Kona/'Ohana.
The East pool (quiet pool) is scheduled to still be closed and being refurbished, but hopefully that won't cause too much of a problem in December. Good luck!

Here's a link to the Capt. Cook's menu. They seem to only have chicken nuggets on the Kids Menu https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/capt-cooks/menus/lunch/

Did the same resort swap as you for our August trip. Though WL looks lovely, we thought it resembled much of our natural surroundings here in Canada. Though we are in love with Canada :lovestruc:squirrel:, we thought we'd prefer a tropical setting for our vacation! Sooooo excited!!!!!!! :banana::woohoo:party:

72 days till we arrive! Our first Poly stay. We are standard view, but, even looking at the map someone posted earlier with the cross hatches of where fences are, it doesn't look like Niue would be that bad of a choice. We really don't want to be on the other side of the lagoon.

Thoughts?
We'll be there in 73 days!!!!! :-) Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you as far as which building. I just wanted to share in the excitement of 73 (72 for you) days!!!! Yay!!!

Did the same resort swap as you for our August trip. Though WL looks lovely, we thought it resembled much of our natural surroundings here in Canada. Though we are in love with Canada :lovestruc:squirrel:, we thought we'd prefer a tropical setting for our vacation! Sooooo excited!!!!!!!

We feel the same--we live in a national forest (and love where we live) but much prefer a tropical theme when we vacation. :sunny:

Is there any reason to request a particular room or floor for Club Level Garden View right now? Are any rooms less affected by construction than others? Any suggestions welcome, thank you! (I know we may not get a request, but it's usually worth a try!).

We feel the same--we live in a national forest (and love where we live) but much prefer a tropical theme when we vacation. :sunny:
Did the same resort swap as you for our August trip. Though WL looks lovely, we thought it resembled much of our natural surroundings here in Canada. Though we are in love with Canada :lovestruc:squirrel:, we thought we'd prefer a tropical setting for our vacation.
We also live in Pacific NW and originally planned YC/WL split. Like you, I couldn't get over my desire for a more tropical setting so just changed to Poly/AKL. Yippee!!!

Okay, so I'm a little confused and probably reading too much into this, but....I did my online check-in yesterday (woohoo! :cool1:) and when I went to the requests page, there were two requests already in there - Third Floor and Samoa Bldg. The reason this is so confusing to me is that we're staying Club Level and I know that's only the Hawaii building. Soooo, my imagination starts taking over and I'm wondering if they're putting club level guests into Samoa because of the construction??? :confused3 I really hope that's not true, because I don't want to be walking between buildings to get to the lounge - that's just not going to work for us. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm actually planning on calling today to see if someone can answer my question, but I don't have much hope of getting a good answer.

Oh, and I couldn't remove those requests, but it did let me add two more (I picked Balcony and Hawaii building - hoping to offset the Samoa request :)).

Okay, so I'm a little confused and probably reading too much into this, but....I did my online check-in yesterday (woohoo! :cool1:) and when I went to the requests page, there were two requests already in there - Third Floor and Samoa Bldg. The reason this is so confusing to me is that we're staying Club Level and I know that's only the Hawaii building. Soooo, my imagination starts taking over and I'm wondering if they're putting club level guests into Samoa because of the construction??? :confused3 I really hope that's not true, because I don't want to be walking between buildings to get to the lounge - that's just not going to work for us. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm actually planning on calling today to see if someone can answer my question, but I don't have much hope of getting a good answer.

Oh, and I couldn't remove those requests, but it did let me add two more (I picked Balcony and Hawaii building - hoping to offset the Samoa request :)).

I'd like to know the answer to your question too because we're trying to request that since we just have a standard view, (as I'm sure a lot of people are) and if that is happening I don't want to waste my request…

That would be a TOTAL pain for people staying club level and I can't imagine that would be the case?? I would think they would give you the option on that...

I would call the Resort to request buildings and rooms. When I did my online check in, I got the same options which made no sense because I was staying in the Bungalows. call 10 days out, then call the day before arrival.

I would call the Resort to request buildings and rooms. When I did my online check in, I got the same options which made no sense because I was staying in the Bungalows. call 10 days out, then call the day before arrival.

That makes me feel much better to know that you had the same experience. I really think it's just a glitch in their system, but as I said, my imagination ran wild. :rolleyes1

I'd like to know the answer to your question too because we're trying to request that since we just have a standard view, (as I'm sure a lot of people are) and if that is happening I don't want to waste my request…

That would be a TOTAL pain for people staying club level and I can't imagine that would be the case?? I would think they would give you the option on that...

I agree - seems unlikely they would do that. And I will definitely post if I get an answer!

I would email the Poly IPO and ask. When I book CL I also email them my room requests

Just had to come on here and say- one week after staying at the Poly and I CANT wait to go back- its amazing and for those of you with upcoming trips- you will have a blast. The new pool/splash play area is awesome. Captain Cooks was GREAT. The theming (even with the little bits of construction here and there) is fantastic!

How are the monorail view rooms at the Poly as far as noise? Is the monorail noisy at night or is it nothing to worry about, especially if the AC is running?

Well I made it to the Polynesian and so far so good as my room was available when I arrived at 11 am. I'm in room 2516 Hawaii building - LV - Club Level until Sunday and then I switch over to TPV - Club Level for the last four nights. Other than the construction going on outside my window (and it really isn't that bad or bothersome) I love this resort.

Please could you post a picture of the view of the construction as it is currently.

I think it's a system glitch because I arrived today and was put in the Hawaii bldg for CL. Now the reason I mentioned glitch is because when I went in to do my online check in my first two nights were suppose to be Lagoon View only because there was no CL available (luckily they found CL for me when I arrived). Anyways during the check in portion, it let me put in Hawaii for my building choice even though that's suppose to be CL only.

Same here! We're in PDX and have spent a lot of time in the national park lodges at Timberline, Crater Lake etc around here. I love my pine trees but like a change of scenery for vacations! :beach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts