Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We also had a monorail view when we stayed years ago in Aotearoa. With the door closed we couldn't hear a thing.

Well, like the rest of you I'm hoping for a construction free view. It's all so up in the air as far as the progress of the east pool. I don't even know if they started digging it up yet. I would like to see some photo's. I am taking a chance in staying at Poly and it will be my first time there. I do like the looks of the lava pool and the hot tub looks awesome! We will make it work, no matter what. But I am curious and since it is such a long ways off...who knows what it will be like by the fall. Happy Vacation everyone!

My mom and I are currently supposed to stay at the Swan in the renovated rooms for $227/night (incl. tax and fees) in 2 weeks with a rental car for $150, but I just found a Poly standard room with the passholder discount for $343/night, which includes taxes and fees. If we switched to the Poly we would ditch the rental car. I have never stayed at the Poly before but have always wanted to - with all the construction going on would the price difference be worth it? It is extremely tempting... I appreciate everyone's feedback!

So sad about that:-(

Yep. Out of all of the changes at the Poly, this might be the biggest head scratcher for me. I equate it to taking out the bubbling spring in the lobby at the WL that runs down to the pool. It was such a nice feature and extra beautiful at night. I just can't imagine how the powers that be at the Poly felt that it would improve the resort aesthetically by removing that stream feature and replace it with basically nothing. Maybe they have something planned for that area in the future but right now it's pretty underwhelming.

My mom and I are currently supposed to stay at the Swan in the renovated rooms for $227/night (incl. tax and fees) in 2 weeks with a rental car for $150, but I just found a Poly standard room with the passholder discount for $343/night, which includes taxes and fees. If we switched to the Poly we would ditch the rental car. I have never stayed at the Poly before but have always wanted to - with all the construction going on would the price difference be worth it? It is extremely tempting... I appreciate everyone's feedback!

How many nights?
$227 is a lot better than $343 :P
I am all in favor of staying at the Polynesian but in light of the work going on, it is hard to recommend it just yet... I recently switched to a Std view at the Polynesian from a Ctyd view at WL for just over $50 more per night, but I'm going during Value season and am getting 30% off rack rates.
If you've always wanted to stay there and feel that the price is good, then YES :teacher: Sorry, I guess I'm not much help!

Good luck deciding.

Hoping to go next time in early February. Hoping almost all the construction is done with the East pool. Don't want a view of the construction at all. Was going to request Figi or Rarotonga, but might change it to Figi or Aotearoa to avoid the possibility of a construction view area. I just wonder how many club level rooms are sitting empty because people don't want a view of the construction? Now I would gladly take a free upgrade to one of those, construction or not!:rolleyes:

What has been your luck in getting your room changed from the one you were assigned to? I have read many times the earlier in the day you or arrive, preferably morning, the better a chance you have to get your request or to get it changed. I know this worked well for us at POR when we stayed there.

Yep. Out of all of the changes at the Poly, this might be the biggest head scratcher for me. I equate it to taking out the bubbling spring in the lobby at the WL that runs down to the pool. It was such a nice feature and extra beautiful at night. I just can't imagine how the powers that be at the Poly felt that it would improve the resort aesthetically by removing that stream feature and replace it with basically nothing. Maybe they have something planned for that area in the future but right now it's pretty underwhelming.

Right? Boggles my mind. It was so tranquil, pretty and distinctly Poly. They just removed it with nothing better or equal. I don't understand.

How many nights?
$227 is a lot better than $343 :P
I am all in favor of staying at the Polynesian but in light of the work going on, it is hard to recommend it just yet... I recently switched to a Std view at the Polynesian from a Ctyd view at WL for just over $50 more per night, but I'm going during Value season and am getting 30% off rack rates.
If you've always wanted to stay there and feel that the price is good, then YES :teacher: Sorry, I guess I'm not much help!

Good luck deciding.

It's only for 3 nights, which is why I'm even entertaining the idea...the rate I found is for 37% off rack rates for this time of year, but I just a little nervous about staying at the Swan as I have heard very mixed things about it...thanks for your input!

It's only for 3 nights, which is why I'm even entertaining the idea...the rate I found is for 37% off rack rates for this time of year, but I just a little nervous about staying at the Swan as I have heard very mixed things about it...thanks for your input!

Good info! For 3 nights and if you have not yet stayed at the swan and are nervous about it, PLUS, you've always wanted to stay at the Polynesian, then I would vote 100% YES to switch over :banana:

Hi, can any Tambu Lounge vets tell me if they have TVs that they'd be willing to put on sporting events? I'm planning on being there next February on the day of the Daytona 500. I know that ESPN would be the logical place to go, but I kind of had my heart set on doing the monorail crawl that day after I'm through with the Princess Half.

I agree with all of you about the stream. Was really a nice little detail. Not only the stream but all of the landscaping around it was really nice. I said this in a different thread but I don't really like the new pool area, they took away too much vegetation. All concrete now, lost some of that Polynesian flavor

Thanks for all the info. Good to hear the monorail doesn't make too much noise. Thinking Fiji and Aoeretea are going to be my choices when the time comes unless something changes.

Jumping in the car at 9:30 tomorrow morning and heading north to the Poly. 2 hours and 44 minutes later, we'll be saying "Aloha" to the cast member in the lobby and heading to our Bungalow. We Can't Wait! Months of planning, phone calls, posts and yet, it will all be over all too soon. Oh well, we just have to plan another trip.

Jumping in the car at 9:30 tomorrow morning and heading north to the Poly. 2 hours and 44 minutes later, we'll be saying "Aloha" to the cast member in the lobby and heading to our Bungalow. We Can't Wait! Months of planning, phone calls, posts and yet, it will all be over all too soon. Oh well, we just have to plan another trip.

Enjoy! Looking forward to your impressions of the resort :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter