Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
8 p.m. for a Holiday week is totally ridiculous! My daughter just said to me...."well I guess I won't be able to use the pool then!" We are considering another resort.

Maybe try one of the resorts that have a quiet pool (that will be open)? If a pool is really important to you before/after park hours then I would switch so you aren't disappointed.

Coming back from our trip. Were at the Poly tuesday and wednesday: Yes the torches were lit (not all of them but most of them). There are still a little bit of construction here and there but it's not so bad and while at the pool, you won't notice. The jacuzzi was working, the pool was open and the new kid area (AMAZING) opened the day we arrived.

Just learned that you can actually order the whole menu of 'Ohana and have it served in your room. I did that. It was AMAZING.

Coming back from our trip. Were at the Poly tuesday and wednesday: Yes the torches were lit (not all of them but most of them). There are still a little bit of construction here and there but it's not so bad and while at the pool, you won't notice. The jacuzzi was working, the pool was open and the new kid area (AMAZING) opened the day we arrived.

Just learned that you can actually order the whole menu of 'Ohana and have it served in your room. I did that. It was AMAZING.
Was construction started on East pool yet? Your timing was good, I get the feeling it may be the lull before the storm! I hope it's not too bad for our Aug stay.

Poly question...When I was a kid we always stayed at the Poly. Back then they used to have a separate building for their arcade. It was a big room that had a bunch of video games and if my memory is good I believe it had a pool table. I know I remember at Tron game that I was addicted to. Anyway, on to the question part. Does the Poly still have an arcade? We are staying at the GF and their "arcade" is totally lacking. I know my kids will want a night or two of games if we are not at the parks late night and the Poly is a short walk so I'm hoping the answer is yes but I cannot find mention of any arcade in this thread so I think it's going to be no! TIA

Never been to the poly and have a bed question. We are staying in a non club level theme park view room. Will the beds have space under them for storage or are they blocked off like some hotel beds?

Poly question...When I was a kid we always stayed at the Poly. Back then they used to have a separate building for their arcade. It was a big room that had a bunch of video games and if my memory is good I believe it had a pool table. I know I remember at Tron game that I was addicted to. Anyway, on to the question part. Does the Poly still have an arcade? We are staying at the GF and their "arcade" is totally lacking. I know my kids will want a night or two of games if we are not at the parks late night and the Poly is a short walk so I'm hoping the answer is yes but I cannot find mention of any arcade in this thread so I think it's going to be no! TIA

No arcade any longer :( I haven't been there but am going in October so following construction closely. Trader Sams is now where the old arcade was.

I'm wondering about pool hours. I usually stay at POP and can swim whenever I want. The life guards go off duty....but early in the morning and late at night many people are in the pool. So....are the hours enforced at Poly....because swimming early and late is important to me. If you stay till park closing and the pool closes at 8 p.m.( off season) I won't be able to swim when I get back to my room. So....do people swim before and after the posted hours?

While I haven't been at Poly since they installed the gate, I'm sure they will not allow access after posted hours. Other resorts I've been to, most recently AKL Jambo & Kidani, do make everyone leave at the posted time, both from the pool area & the hot tubs. Bummer because we also like to stay at parks til the wee hours & then take a quick dip or soak after. I know at Kidani you can't even get into the gate after the posted hours, I know from experience because we tried!

Do you just order it from in-room dining or is there some other way you have to order it? We are seriously thinking about doing that!! Can you give a little more detail? THANKS!!!

Was construction started on East pool yet? Your timing was good, I get the feeling it may be the lull before the storm! I hope it's not too bad for our Aug stay.
It was started. All the path heading there were blocked with green screens and I heard noises.

I remember playing a Tron game there in the mid-80's. Very addictive game.
As another poster mentioned, they no longer have an arcade.

I would suggest riding the monorail to CR. They have a very good arcade there. Get off the monorail and take the escalator downstairs. Start walking toward the shops, arcade is on the left (before the shops).

Do you just order it from in-room dining or is there some other way you have to order it? We are seriously thinking about doing that!! Can you give a little more detail? THANKS!!!

You call the in-room dining. It's called the 'Ohana Twilight Fest if I remember correctly. 40$ per adult with 18% tip + a 3$ fee for delivery.

I ordered food for 1 (you don't have to order food for the whole family like you do at the restaurant) and I received food for 2 (a whole bread, a huge bowl of salad, etc. In the end, my husband helped but a lot of food went to waste) the only downside is that you don't really get to choose how much you receive from each kind like youwould at the restaurant BUT I managed to get more dumplings by skipping on the shrimps. they are giving you a little bit of everything.

I was not hungry for the bread pudding that night. I kept it in the fridge and we put it a few seconds in the Captain Cooks microwave and I had a delicious breakfast the next morning. :P

Fun story: after the meal we left the tray outside. We went out for a walk but after we left, someone had actually went through the rest of our food and ate some of it and threw the chicken wing bones on the elevator floor. :eek:

Doing the single digit happy dance. :dogdance:

Can't wait to enjoy the new lobby, larger pool deck, hot tub, Trader Sam's, and so much more.

If the DVC BBQ area is completed by then, I will try to post pictures of the new grills (supposedly, it's 2 gas grills).

While I haven't been at Poly since they installed the gate, I'm sure they will not allow access after posted hours. Other resorts I've been to, most recently AKL Jambo & Kidani, do make everyone leave at the posted time, both from the pool area & the hot tubs. Bummer because we also like to stay at parks til the wee hours & then take a quick dip or soak after. I know at Kidani you can't even get into the gate after the posted hours, I know from experience because we tried!
I guess sooner or later they will all be like that! That is just too bad.

Maybe try one of the resorts that have a quiet pool (that will be open)? If a pool is really important to you before/after park hours then I would switch so you aren't disappointed.
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. We have been looking at what else is available. But...there are some other features that attract us to Poly...so we may have to just decide and compromise one way or the other. But your suggestion is appreciated!

You call the in-room dining. It's called the 'Ohana Twilight Fest if I remember correctly. 40$ per adult with 18% tip + a 3$ fee for delivery.

I ordered food for 1 (you don't have to order food for the whole family like you do at the restaurant) and I received food for 2 (a whole bread, a huge bowl of salad, etc. In the end, my husband helped but a lot of food went to waste) the only downside is that you don't really get to choose how much you receive from each kind like youwould at the restaurant BUT I managed to get more dumplings by skipping on the shrimps. they are giving you a little bit of everything.

I was not hungry for the bread pudding that night. I kept it in the fridge and we put it a few seconds in the Captain Cooks microwave and I had a delicious breakfast the next morning. :P

Fun story: after the meal we left the tray outside. We went out for a walk but after we left, someone had actually went through the rest of our food and ate some of it and threw the chicken wing bones on the elevator floor. :eek:
Wow....that's so weird! I hope it was kids fooling around and not adults! I do like the idea of being served in the room...and...reheating the bread pudding for breakfast....nice!

Yes, we're hoping that it was a kid...

It is great to get 'Ohana in your room, especially when you have been to 'Ohana many times, love the food but need a little change.

By the way, I went to Kona Cafe twice in 24 hours. The food there is outstanding! We've had the Chicken Island sandwich and the Teriyaki steak... Wow! That restaurant doesn't get the attention it really deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter