Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our road trip to Florida begins in just 9 days!!! :banana: Two-day drive, beach for three, then Disney for 11! First-time at the Poly...so excited, can hardly contain myself!!! :Pinkbounc

Whew! That's done :hyper: here's my question...I've looked high and low to find ponchos, but no luck. So looks like we'll be getting the Disney ponchos. Are they sold at the Poly or do I need to wait till we get to the MK that day? And how much are they? I've heard they're good quality, so I'm thinking thicker. Will one fit in a fanny pack? Thanks :wave2:

Not sure where you have checked already but I bought ours at Target-they were in the area where they had umbrellas-they also had some more expensive ones with the camping stuff there. I actually saw them on an umbrella display at the michael's craft store near my house too. Anyway hope that helps if you don't want Disney ones

Hi everyone!
We are DVC poly owners who just booked a trip labour day. It's split between the hotel side and DVC side due to availability. I have not been on the forums in this section in some time, so wondering what room area to request these days on the hotel side? My standby is Samoa- still an ok choice? or should I go for fiji ?

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if someone could tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the studios? I want to bring coffee with me but not sure if i need to bring k-cups etc.
i have called Poly directly, and dvc and have literally been told three different things. Anyone know for sure?? THANKS so much!!!!!!!!!!!!

image.jpg
Hi everyone, just wanted to know if someone could tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the studios? I want to bring coffee with me but not sure if i need to bring k-cups etc.
i have called Poly directly, and dvc and have literally been told three different things. Anyone know for sure?? THANKS so much!!!!!!!!!!!!
I posted a pic from the Disney parks blog-as you can see the DVC studios (like the other DVC resorts) have regular coffee pots that use flat bottom filters and loose coffee grounds. Disney hotel rooms (including those at the Poly) use a pod type coffee maker that brews right into a cup but they are not Keurig and use what looks like a flat large round tea bag.

View attachment 113575
I posted a pic from the Disney parks blog-as you can see the DVC studios (like the other DVC resorts) have regular coffee pots that use flat bottom filters and loose coffee grounds. Disney hotel rooms (including those at the Poly) use a pod type coffee maker that brews right into a cup but they are not Keurig and use what looks like a flat large round tea bag.
Thanks so much for posting!! So if we are staying Poly DVC then bring loose coffee?? Only the hotel rooms have the pods?? Do you think I should also bring filters?? Thanks!!

Thanks so much for posting!! So if we are staying Poly DVC then bring loose coffee?? Only the hotel rooms have the pods?? Do you think I should also bring filters?? Thanks!!

Yes, you will need filters--regular basket type for a 12 cup pot.

Hi everyone!
We are DVC poly owners who just booked a trip labour day. It's split between the hotel side and DVC side due to availability. I have not been on the forums in this section in some time, so wondering what room area to request these days on the hotel side? My standby is Samoa- still an ok choice? or should I go for fiji ?

Nothing wrong with Samoa other than the pool construction on the East side of the longhouse. If this bothers you, request the West side of Samoa (facing the new Lava Pool). Fiji seems to have become a popular request as guests want a room away from the construction, and also want a room with a view of the lagoon. Have a great trip and maybe we'll see you there.

I have not seen that, but a Hidden Mickey hunt is fun. There is a book and app that can help you with that

Thank you! Our DS (7) discovered the magic of hidden Mickeys on our last trip, so that is a book we will have to get! I love that it has a search for resorts as well as the parks! Good idea!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Standard? We have really enjoyed our room on ground floor in Rarotoga. So quick to everything. We are away from the construction but even if we weren't it wouldn't be an issue. The building is removed a bit from where the work is happening

Is there a way to head to the MK before 8:30?
Thanks!

I think a few people already answered this, but yes, there's a ferry boat and there are busses running the days the monorail is later. We took the boat a couple of times and it was quick and a really relaxing ride. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to tell everyone with upcoming trips to have a fabulous time!! We really enjoyed our time at the Poly - the construction wasn't an issue at all, and the resort is absolutely beautiful. My main concern going in was not being able to see the fireworks over the castle from the beach (due to the bungalows), but we were able to get chaises three different nights (for our whole family) in the area that still has an unobstructed view. We also watched while swimming in the pool one night :cloud9:. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that we'll be returning to the Poly for years to come.

I just wanted to tell everyone with upcoming trips to have a fabulous time!! We really enjoyed our time at the Poly - the construction wasn't an issue at all, and the resort is absolutely beautiful. My main concern going in was not being able to see the fireworks over the castle from the beach (due to the bungalows), but we were able to get chaises three different nights (for our whole family) in the area that still has an unobstructed view. We also watched while swimming in the pool one night :cloud9:. There is no longer any doubt in my mind that we'll be returning to the Poly for years to come.
This is so good to hear! We are traveling next month and staying at the Poly!!!

Hi everyone!

We'll be at the Poly in a couple of weeks and we requested Fiji. In 2013 we stayed on the volcano pool side of Samoa (3rd floor) and while the view was wonderful the noise was not. Early in the morning you had the maintenance crew using leaf blowers to blow the sand off the pool deck. Then in the afternoon there was the loud music from the daily pool parties.

Is there a handling fee if I mail a box of pantry supplies to myself at the resort?

We're good for a tip for bell services, but an added fee might make it not worth the trouble to ship ourselves some snacks.

Hello! We are making our very first trip to WDW in late November - early December and will be staying in a DVC poly villa - standard view. Any recommendations for special room requests? I'm concerned with the construction going on. Appreciate any help we can get!

Is there a handling fee if I mail a box of pantry supplies to myself at the resort?

We're good for a tip for bell services, but an added fee might make it not worth the trouble to ship ourselves some snacks.
I did this a few years ago and was not charged a fee. Make sure you note your arrival date and reservation number on the package, and aim for it to arrive no more than a week before you do.

I think a few people already answered this, but yes, there's a ferry boat and there are busses running the days the monorail is later. We took the boat a couple of times and it was quick and a really relaxing ride. :thumbsup2

I'm a total Poly newbie, but when people speak of the boat, is that the one from the Poly docks or the TTC? Is either one better than the other? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter