Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our road trip to Florida begins in just 9 days!!! :banana: Two-day drive, beach for three, then Disney for 11! First-time at the Poly...so excited, can hardly contain myself!!! :Pinkbounc

Whew! That's done :hyper: here's my question...I've looked high and low to find ponchos, but no luck. So looks like we'll be getting the Disney ponchos. Are they sold at the Poly or do I need to wait till we get to the MK that day? And how much are they? I've heard they're good quality, so I'm thinking thicker. Will one fit in a fanny pack? Thanks :wave2:

I think they sell them at all Disney gift shops. Last year I asked for some at CR as they weren't sitting out anywhere and a lady had some behind the counter. So just ask as they aren't out!

Hello! I haven't been able to read this thread in its entirety yet, so I apologize if this has already been answered...

We will be staying deluxe for the first time this November. It will be a surprise, as DH still thinks we are reserved at a mod. Currently we are staying CL at yacht club. However, I am toying with a change to Poly. Today during a game of "if we won the lottery what deluxe would you choose?" and he answered Poly. That being said, this will only be his second time staying on-property and he isn't as obsessively familiar with the resorts as I am (so he could have a different opinion of the epcot resorts once he actually saw them). Wondering the following:

(1) would we run the risk of a parking lot view in a standard studio?
(2) what floors can the standard view studios be on?
(3) would staying at poly in a studio be worth giving up the CL experience?
(4) I have read about construction at the east pool. Could we be effected if staying in a standard view studio? Is the construction in the main building wrapped up and it is just limited to the east pool area?

Thanks in advance to any insight y'all can provide! I'm feeling so torn!

Last edited:
Hi all! I have lurked on DISBoards ever since our first trip to Disney in 2010. There has been SO much great advice and information!

We are surprising our kids with a trip to WDW over Labor Day weekend. We were just there in April, and while eating at 'Ohana, the kids said they wished they could stay the Poly. . . so here we are. :) Now for my questions. . .

First, I would love for them to do some kind of scavenger hunt when we arrive (something like, "Say Aloha to a CM," "Take a picture with a statue," "Trade a pin," etc.). Does anyone know if anything like this has been made? I have searched etsy, pinterest, various boards- no luck yet.

Second, does anyone know what time the campfire starts and how long it lasts? One night we are eating at 'Ohana at 6:50, and I would love to do marshmallows on the beach after dinner and then stay for the movie and fireworks. We might also be able to fit it in after a quick dinner on our first night, depending on the time of it.

Thank you all!!

Hi all! I have lurked on DISBoards ever since our first trip to Disney in 2010. There has been SO much great advice and information!

We are surprising our kids with a trip to WDW over Labor Day weekend. We were just there in April, and while eating at 'Ohana, the kids said they wished they could stay the Poly. . . so here we are. :) Now for my questions. . .

First, I would love for them to do some kind of scavenger hunt when we arrive (something like, "Say Aloha to a CM," "Take a picture with a statue," "Trade a pin," etc.). Does anyone know if anything like this has been made? I have searched etsy, pinterest, various boards- no luck yet.

Second, does anyone know what time the campfire starts and how long it lasts? One night we are eating at 'Ohana at 6:50, and I would love to do marshmallows on the beach after dinner and then stay for the movie and fireworks. We might also be able to fit it in after a quick dinner on our first night, depending on the time of it.

Thank you all!!
I have not seen that, but a Hidden Mickey hunt is fun. There is a book and app that can help you with that

I got all the FPs I wanted, WHEN I wanted them! Even A&E!! I'm not sure what to do with myself now...

Congrats on getting everything you wanted :thumbsup2.

I like HubbDave's idea, start planning the next trip :goodvibes.

Our road trip to Florida begins in just 9 days!!! :banana: Two-day drive, beach for three, then Disney for 11! First-time at the Poly...so excited, can hardly contain myself!!! :Pinkbounc

Whew! That's done :hyper: here's my question...I've looked high and low to find ponchos, but no luck. So looks like we'll be getting the Disney ponchos. Are they sold at the Poly or do I need to wait till we get to the MK that day? And how much are they? I've heard they're good quality, so I'm thinking thicker. Will one fit in a fanny pack? Thanks :wave2:

:cool1::cool1:

I agree with jennab that you should be able to buy ponchos in any of the Disney shops :). We love the Disney ponchos as they do hold up very well, IMO. We still have (and use) the ponchos we bought over 10 years ago :goodvibes.

As a newbie to WDW and even more the Poly. Where can I find out information on what we need to know, etc. We will be traveling with 2 children 8 & 11, and heading there the 1st week of June.

You are going to love the Poly! These boards are a great place to start and Sue M gave some more great suggestions. Have fun planning :wizard:.

Hello! I haven't been able to read this thread in its entirety yet, so I apologize if this has already been answered...

We will be staying deluxe for the first time this November. It will be a surprise, as DH still thinks we are reserved at a mod. Currently we are staying CL at yacht club. However, I am toying with a change to Poly. Today during a game of "if we won the lottery what deluxe would you choose?" and he answered Poly. That being said, this will only be his second time staying on-property and he isn't as obsessively familiar with the resorts as I am (so he could have a different opinion of the epcot resorts once he actually saw them). Wondering the following:

(4) I have read about construction at the east pool. Could we be effected if staying in a standard view studio? Is the construction in the main building wrapped up and it is just limited to the east pool area?

I can't answer your questions about the studios, but wanted to say the Poly is amazing and while we've never tried the YC (have stayed at the BC), I would choose the Poly over YC CL. We had a nice stay at the BC and the Epcot area is nice, but we prefer the MK area (not to mention the Poly is our favorite resort). As far as construction, I think the GCH is complete and free of construction, with the east pool being the major issue right now (hopefully someone will be able to verify that or correct if I'm wrong). Good luck with your decision :wizard:.

Thank you all!!

I can't help with the scavenger hunt or campfire, but wanted to say I hope you have a great time and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

In our room resting
Roon is perfect
Exactly what we put on the fax request
May be the exact Ron, can't recall. I didn't want the exact room so much as a type of room
Anyway, asked for
1st floor, king bed, Rarotoga (sp?) or Fiji
We are in 1818 at Rarotoga
Steps from bus stop, lobby, TTC, we face the monorail side
Yes we heard pool construction outside but nothing inside at all
The noise outside does not disturb us at all. We ate lunch outside at Captain Cooks[/QUOTE
QUOTE]

have you been seeing a lot of construction equipment or workers going past your room? thx for the report and have fun!

Thank you all!!

I am pretty sure when we were there a few weeks ago the campfire started at 7:30. I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you all!!

Hi! You can find the Poly's August Recreation Calendar here: http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/resorts/wdw/pdf/PolyCalendar.pdf

Campfire on the beach starts at 7:30pm! HTHs :goodvibes

Hi all!
Can someone tell me what is the best way to get from the Poly to GF and Contemporary resorts? Thanks!

Thank you. Is there a direct route, or do I have to transfer somewhere along the line? Thanks!

Thank you. Is there a direct route, or do I have to transfer somewhere along the line? Thanks!

It's direct; no need to transfer.
The Resort Monorail loops goes clockwise and includes these stops: Ticket & Transportation Center>Polynesian>Grand Floridian>Magic Kingdom>Contemporary

1) Yes, there is one building that does overlook a parking lot (Pago Pago I believe)
2) All three and all have balconies or patios if on ground floor
3) No Idea as I have not stayed in one yet (we go in Nov/Dec), your losing the light food/concierge service so that is a personal preference more than anything
4) Yes, Tokelau one side of the building is facing the east pool construction. Construction is on the grounds around the pool, the lobby was completed recently

HTH I am sure someone will correct me if I mistaken the building names.

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if someone could tell me what kind of coffee maker is in the studios? I want to bring coffee with me but not sure if i need to bring k-cups etc. Thanks

On the website, you can add a trip. If you haven't done this already, go ahead and create one. Then on your "Dashboard" near the top, you will see "click here to add an on-site hotel". Once hotel is added, you will see name of hotel with "click to find a room". Once you have found your ideal room, above the photo you will see "Click here to make a request for this room during
your upcoming trip". Finally, back on your Dashboard, "edit fax" to add your name, reservation number and any other info you would like. Touring plans will then send a fax to the hotel 5 days before your arrival. You should be notified once it is sent.

I thought it wasn't a good idea to request a specific room.

I thought it wasn't a good idea to request a specific room.
Though you pick one room (1607 for example), the info for the fax is filled in like so: "Bldg 6,Flr 1,W-facing room. Example:1607,1608,1606,1609,1605,1604,1610,1603,1602". You are really providing a general description with examples.

The fax then reads:

Dear Disney's Polynesian Village Resort,

For our upcoming stay, we'd like to request this type of room:
Bldg 6,Flr 1,W-facing room. Example:1607,1608,1606,1609,1605,1604,1610,1603,1602

Additional Special Requests:
[add whatever further details you like]

Sincerely,
[your name]

Thank you all!!

My daughter is wishing for a Poly Scavenger hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter