ALOHA! Sept. 2015 PTR! * Updated 11/3 - p. 11*

That sounds like the perfect way to spend Christmas time at Disney! I would do that too for sure :goodvibes
I totally agree about 'Ohana, Jamie doesn't care which ADRs I make, as long as I get Ohana!
And congratulations on just joining DVC! How exciting!! Which home resort did you choose? :goodvibes

MCO MAKES NO SENSE. Let me say it again, NO SENSE. On several occasions I have bounced between the two sides trying to figure out where my luggage is and where the rental car place is...what a nightmare. Also, the restaurant closings at DLP makes sense I suppose...but then you end up choosing between restaurant availability and crowd levels when planning a trip, which kinda stinks. Can you imagine if WDW did that at certain places during certain times of the year? It would cause an uprising :rotfl2:

Side note: we joined DVC at SSR and plan to stay there in December, reservation availability willing. :goodvibes

Exciting stuff!!!!!! Way to go on rounding up your masters degree! :) :teacher:It's such hard work, but so well worth it. I earned my MS in Education 15 years ago and am one class away from finishing my MBA now - should be done this coming fall. Disney is the best place to celebrate such accomplishments. :yay:

We also have our Universal tickets!
We bought them from Florida Tix, and they’re really good value - £123 each (around $190) for 14 day, two-park tickets!
Direct from US Universal site, it’s the same price for just a two day, two-park ticket.
So we’re happy with the idea of going to Universal whenever we want, and however many times we want :thumbsup2

Now all we have to do is book our Memory Maker!
YAY for being productive and checking things off our list!

I don't know how I missed this yesterday, BTW. You guys get ALL of the amazing ticket and resort deals! Maybe I should just emigrate and take up UK residency so I can get better Disney & Universal deals?? :)

Haha, of course I will post a copious amount of photos! Are you on Facebook? Why aren't we friends yet?! :sad2:

Because I'm a bad person? :confused3
I've yet to figure out how to find people since I'm on it so seldom.
But I'll send you a PM with my particulars, okay?

I cannot believe that this time in 3 WEEKS I will be in Disneyland Paris, and in 4 WEEKS, we will have just touched down in Disney town!

Coming up fast!

so while I’ve been focussed on that the days have been creeping away!

That's me!
Well, the creeping part, anyway.

We are booked on to Disney’s Magical Express! YAY! The absolute best and absolute worst bus ride EVER.

::yes:: Try leaving at three o'clock in the morning.... talk about making a bad situation worse.

We bought them from Florida Tix, and they’re really good value - £123 each (around $190) for 14 day, two-park tickets!

Wow! Great score! It's like going for free!

I might be alone on this, but I have NEVER been able to figure out MCO airport…

You may not be alone, but. Just go to the B side. Huge sign. If you see "A". Turn completely around and go the other way.
Keep going down until you can't go down any further.
Follow any signs for DME, you'll find it eventually.

Deep breaths... deeeeep breaths.

It’s been a year since I booked fastpasses, and when my new 60 day mark started to roll around, I suddenly realised I had no idea how the whole thing worked.

:laughing: Sorry, but I did the same thing.
"I got this. No problem. Just book everything tomorrow... holy cow! How do I do that?!?!?"

We all kept an eye out, and eventually they were released a few days later, and I got everything just fine :goodvibes.

Stressful few days, were they?

(Also, how good does this first day look?! I’m SO happy I found a rogue Be Our Guest reservation!)

Looks pretty good! Getting those headliners under your belt right out of the gate.

I really don’t mean to sound like “that guy” because I know everyone there has spent just as much money as we have, and we certainly aren’t any more entitled than anyone else who’s booked that side of Hawaii…

I don't know about that.
"That guy" ain't writing an awesome trip report with great photos.

I called up to make some reservations, and the woman basically told me that nothing in the park would be open!?!

:eek:

but she said that the table service restaurants inside the park will only be open for lunch because it’s such a quiet time of year…

What??? "No one goes to Disney so we just won't open it."

So aside from inventions, and trying a walk-up at the Rainforest Café, I haven’t figured out where else we should eat on the other two nights.

There’s plenty of quick service options though.

Don't worry about it. You don't have to always eat at table service restaurants.
I've had some nice relaxing meals at quick service.

Jamie bought these cute shirts! They’re very appropriate!
The Boba Fett one is from Next

Love that Boba Fett one.

I got chocolate and Jamie got mint choc-chip :goodvibes

(Can you tell we upgraded our cones?! :laughing:)

Not enough ice cream!

Then we went home and watched the first Star Wars, but unfortunately I fell asleep :sad2:

So... really exciting, huh?

It would be hilarious for me to see, but imagine if you weren't into Disney, and you had no idea what Maelstrom was, and you saw someone in your town wearing those leggings... :rotfl2: I would love to see the reactions :lmao:

I can't even imagine! :laughing:

I was about to head over to your trip report when I realized you updated this. YAY!

SGmzPDx.jpg

So I’m going to be Buzz Lightyear! I’ll probably just throw on some white jeans and see if I can find some cheap purple shoes too.

I told Jamie he could go as anything he wanted, but Woody would be the logical choice. He’s pretty keen, although he doesn't want to wear a hat! We haven’t sorted his costume yet, but we’ll probably just find him a yellow shirt and a red ascot to wear with some jeans.

GET OUT OF MY BRAIN. I was literally going to do the same thing when we went to the party on the 22nd. Tshirt and white shorts and all. I even convinced Ricky to dress up as woody! But my friends convinced me to go as Tiger Lily which makes Ricky Peter. He was THRILLED to learn he didn't have to wear tights :goodvibes

9/26 – 6:00pm – The Yachtsman Steakhouse

Just missed you by a few days!

It felt like we were SO far away for so long, then all of a sudden, it’s right around the corner. Probably because my university work has gotten very demanding over the summer, so while I’ve been focussed on that the days have been creeping away!

I KNOW! School this summer felt like:
6csVEPEmHWhWg.gif

I'm still working on a project that's worth 50% of my grade but then it's smooth sailing until Disney :cool2: I'm glad there's someone who shares my struggle though!

I haven't read all of this pre trip report yet as I am in the middle of your 2014 trip report! Lol. But I was curious as to when you were heading back to the world and was surprised to see you'll be headed in the exact same day as me!
Anyway. Just had to share :cool1:

Ps. I'm loving your 2014 trip report :)

Hahah she did not actually send a cutout of herself, although it would be hilarious if she did :rotfl: it was just a joke we had about taking her cut out with me so I could send her some pictures of 'herself' enjoying Disney :thumbsup2

That would have been cute though! Now I feel I should send you a cut out of me. ::yes::

Well this is intriguing, but I have no idea what these might be?! Care to share?! Or will you be kicked off the Dis..?!

The costumes are more...skanky/slutty ::yes:: but cute for an adult only party!

TELL ME ABOUT IT! :rotfl: I was SO excited. She tweeted something about it being her 10 year anniversary of being the Disney host, so I replied with something like "Happy Disney-versary Queen Stacey!" - and then she followed me! She follows quite a lot of people, so if you're on twitter (are you on twitter?!) you should just tweet her saying something nice and she might follow you :goodvibes:thumbsup2

That is so awesome! I bet Rob would be happy for you. I am on Twitter but only use it for sweepstakes :laughing: IG is literally my favorite Social Networking site cause it's super fast and i don't have to hear eveyone's opinion on everything! :rotfl: I'd rather see cute photos of babies, puppies and food.

I cannot believe that this time in 3 WEEKS I will be in Disneyland Paris, and in 4 WEEKS, we will have just touched down in Disney town!

Dude, that went by quick! I remember when you started this PTR it seemed so long ago, and look now! You're getting ready to leave!

Is this only for folks in Europe or can State peeps purchase these too?? Cause that's an amazing deal!

I might be alone on this, but I have NEVER been able to figure out MCO airport…

Same here

:blush::blush::blush:

Now I just follow people with Disney tags or Disney clothes ::yes::

Question. Why are you a small, fat asian boy??:rotfl2::cutie:

They have the big sliding doors, but when you open them there’s just a kind of fence there.

What the heck?!? Oh no, i'm hoping you get that third floor and if not that, the first floor.

The ADR system at Disneyland Paris is the old-school system of calling up two months in advance.

Yep, Disneyland is the same way. I don't mind the old school way here because i'm just happy they have the paper FP's still :hyper: makes me feel special when I have those papers in my wallet. Like i've been invited to a special event that only those with the paper invites can go to. Yes, i'm dumb:rotfl:

e wanted to eat at Blue Lagoon (the Paris version of Blue Bayou, inside Pirates of the Caribbean), but Pirates will be down for refurb, and so is the restaurant.

I then asked to book dinner at Walt’s on Main Street, but she said that the table service restaurants inside the park will only be open for lunch because it’s such a quiet time of year…

o_O

Weird.

But ok, maybe we’ll try there for lunch, although we’re not really “big lunch” people.

I asked for Rainforest Café, and she said it was walk-ups only…!

JEEZ!

Wow! So you're going at a good AND bad time??:confused3

That’s very exciting.

Sarcastic much??:lmao:

The Boba Fett one is from Next, and the two Mickey ones and the C3PO/R2D2 one are from Urban Outfitters.

I TOTALLY forgot about checking out Urban Outfitters!

Awesome update! I really appreciate the step-by-step guide on reserving fast passes. My 60 days is coming up this week and I've never done it online before! As someone who just graduated with a Masters in May, I'm so impressed that you can find any time to update. Can't wait to read this amazing trip report!

Fastpass went surprisingly well. I felt like you, very unsure of myself. But I got the hang of it quickly. Then I couldn't leave them alone. (I thought my husband was going to kill me if didn't stop!)

I am definitely going to the Welcome Ceremony! I am sure I will cry, too. :sad:

If I see you at any point during the two weeks we are there, I'm gonna say "hi"! :wave:

Yay for FastPass+!! Those Disney shirts you found are adorable! We are getting so close to our trips! :jumping1:

YOU GUYS.

I LEAVE FOR DISNEYLAND PARIS IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!

:yay::dogdance::cool1::cheer2::banana::hyper::jumping1::dancer:party::dance3:

Things have been so crazy over here, it's almost 1am now and I've been awake for 33 HOURS STRAIGHT!
THIS IS NO EXAGGERATION.

But I can officially say that I have finished my dissertation!
Sooo..

LET THE MAGIC BEGIN!

pixiedust: :tink:pixiedust:

I'm sorry I haven't got around to replying to all of your comments yet, I will as soon as I can, hopefully when I'm back from DLP, but then I'll only have two days until I leave for Walt Disney World!!!! So I might be a little busy then. But it will happen, I promise :goodvibes

I need to sleep so bad because I am EXHAUSTED. I always claim delirium whenever I'm tired, but right now I am on another level.

:upsidedow

But I did just want to drop in here and thank you all for making this thread so much fun, and for all your advice, restaurant recommendations, etc.

It's been so much fun getting to know all of you :goodvibes You all da best :flower3: I love my Dis family :grouphug:

I'm going to try to write some updates for my original TR on the journey to France tomorrow and get those uploaded at some point. I'll probably blast a load of updates out at once because let's be serious, that TR has been a year in the making, and it's getting a bit ridiculous.
So once that TR is complete, I hope to see you all over at my new one for this trip!!!
It might not be until we get back from Florida, so about 3 weeks time, but I'll post a link in this thread as soon as it's started :goodvibes

I hope you are all doing well, and are enjoying autumn, ie. the BEST season :squirrel:

OK, I actually need to go to sleep now. I'm back in bed for the first time in 33 hours, and my alarm is set for 5 and a half hours time..!!!
I'm going to be SUCH an excited mess!!!!!

Eeeeep, see ya real soon Disney!!!!

:flower1:

Click for final update!

Last edited:
Hi Katie! I had a quick question for you. When you booked the Poly on Hotels.com, how far out was it when you got the good deal? I have been looking around for our 2016 trip because we are going for the 24-Hour Day and I would like to stay on the Monorail loop, and well, lets face it the Poly is #1 on my list! :D We looked at renting DVC points, but it is still on the expensive side and it will be kind of a short trip for us.

Hey girl! I think we booked around Christmas time, so like 9 months in advance maybe? I cannot for the life of me figure out how Disney discounts work. I know that us Brits get different deals to you guys, and the offer we got on hotels.com was the same as what was being offered on the UK Disney site... So I have no idea how it works. (Omg, I think I'm talking nonsense.) I know your post was from a couple of weeks ago, did you find / decided on anything yet?!

KATIE!!!!

Have a fabulous and wonderful time on your trips! I can't wait to hear all about them (and what you thought of your ADRs - especially the California Grill!) upon your return. :D :goodvibes

I LEAVE FOR DISNEYLAND PARIS IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!

By the time you read this, you'll be on your way!!!

Things have been so crazy over here, it's almost 1am now and I've been awake for 33 HOURS STRAIGHT!
THIS IS NO EXAGGERATION.

I know how you feel, I do this on a regular basis for work... bleh.

But I can officially say that I have finished my dissertation!

Congrats!

I need to sleep so bad because I am EXHAUSTED. I always claim delirium whenever I'm tired, but right now I am on another level.

DW calls it "Midnight brain". She'll talk to me for a minute and I'll be staring right at her... and have no idea what she just said.

I'm going to be SUCH an excited mess!!!!!

Post a selfie! It should be hillarious!
If you do see this... Have a great time!

I'm very late to this PTR party. I've been following (and loving) your current TR. I can't wait for this TR! I plan to go to DLP sometime in the future and would love to hear about your trip. Poly cl is my dream club level! I think their lounge offerings would be amazing. I will be in Disney World for my first Food & Wine and MNSSHP 9/25-9/28. I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter