ALOHA! Sept. 2015 PTR! * Updated 11/3 - p. 11*

Doh, I've replied to two of your comments separately!

Yeah, WISHES FROM OUR ROOM!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: That is just so exciting!! I really need to make sure that we plan to be in the room in the evening on a few occasions. Usually I'm way to excited and stay out in the parks til late. But I'll make time for it, for sure!

Hahah, that made me laugh, what ADRs are you hoping to score?!

Let's see, we're aiming for Whispering Canyon and BoG on Monday, Kona Café, Via Napoli, and Teppan Edo on Tuesday, 50's Primetime and Yachtsman on Wednesday, Beaches & Cream and 'Ohana on Thursday, Yak & Yeti and CRT on Friday, and Chef Mickey's and the To-Be-Determined Jungle Cruise-themed restaurant on Saturday (which will hopefully be open by then!) before we head out (we're on the DDP so we'll have a million dining credits)! I figure most of them will be pretty easy, but I'm slightly concerned about BoG and CRT dinner ressies so keep your fingers crossed! :teeth:

Oh My Goodness!
I've been reading your current TR, and decided to jump over here and noticed, we'll be there at the same time!!
Yayy!
Cant wait to hear about you and Jamie's adventures, y'all remind me of my boyfriend and I!

ADRs!

Hey friends!!

So, my 180 day mark has been and gone, and it’s now officially 178 days until we head out to Orlando!

But before I tell you about the ADRs we have, there’s a couple of things I wanted to talk about.

Firstly, since we had cancelled our reservation with Disney and rebooked our hotel through hotels.com, we had to re-link the reservation to my MDE account.

I called Disney, and they told me I had to get in touch with hotels.com, and ask THEM get hold of a separate confirmation number… from Disney…

o_O

So I called hotels.com and had to say,

“Hey, I have the confirmation number you gave me, but I need the confirmation number that Disney gave you…”

Suffice it to say, the guy had NO idea what I was talking about.

This guy didn’t speak great English and had a VERY thick accent, and I had to attempt to concisely explain the separate confirmation number and the concept of MDE to him, which was pretty awkward and difficult.

But thankfully, after spending a while on hold, he gave me a new confirmation number, which worked perfectly in MDE.

:thumbsup2

We have also rebooked our park tickets, still taking advantage of the 14 days for the price of 7 offer.

party:

Ok, now onto ADRs!

On March 16th (190 day mark) I had an email from the Polynesian Itinerary Planning Office with a personal itinerary planner attached for me to fill out, which looked like this!

The Disney-obsessed side of my brain had some fun filling this out!

The ADRs required a credit card guarantee so I called them up and gave them my details, which was very easy.

Then it was time to wait!

On my 180 day mark (March 26th) I was reeeaaally busy.

I’m studying for my Masters degree at a university that is about 1.5 hours away from my house, so I was up at 6am, left the house at 7ish to get there at around 8:30am (allowing plenty of time for rush hour traffic / accidents on the motorway) – then I was in class 9am – 5pm, and didn’t get home until 6:30pm, and THEN I had to finish a report that was due in the next day..!!

So having the IPO available to book my ADRs eased my mind a lot.

I finally felt happy with my report at around 1am, so before I went to bed I checked my email, and my MDE account…

And there was nothing from the IPO…

I suddenly realized that the ADR I was probably looking forward to the most was lunch at Be Our Guest on our first full day (September 23rd), which might be a problem if the IPO hadn’t got around to booking anything for me yet.

I checked on the website, and sure enough,

BE OUR GUEST LUNCH WAS FULL.

Exactly 180 days before!

So GUYS. If you can’t book on the morning of your 180 days mark…

Just kidding. Luckily, I quickly snatched myself a reservation for a couple of days later instead, so it’s not the end of the world. It was just because we ate lunch at Be Our Guest on our first day last year, and it felt so special.. It was the perfect way to start the trip.

I had a little hope in the back of my mind that the IPO had already booked it and just hadn’t let me know yet, but the next morning they emailed me to say they hadn’t been able to get Be Our Guest for the first day.

I guess it’s partly my fault for assuming the IPO had nothing better to do than to book my ADRs the second they were released?!
Maybe I should have taken responsibility for the coveted reservations myself.
Anyway, I’m going to keep checking for cancellations!

Everything else was practically perfect though, and all my ADRs are within 15 minutes of my requested times.

:cheer2:

Thanks to EVERYONE who took the time to share your experiences and gave me advice! I appreciate it so so much!

Here’s what we got!
9/23 – 6:45pm – Kona Café
9/25 – 6:30pm – Yachtsman Steakhouse
9/27 – 12:35pm – Be Our Guest
9/27 – 7:30pm – Boma – Flavors of Africa
9/28 – 5:45pm – 1900 Park Fare
9/30 – 8:10am – Crystal Palace
9/30 – 7:00pm – Whispering Canyon Café
10/2 – 7:00pm – Ohana
10/3 – 8:45am – Kona Café
10/3 – 5:55pm – California Grill

10/6 – 12:00pm – Be Our Guest – As long as I can grab this! Resevations will open on Monday.
...EDIT: - We got the 10/6 ADR :goodvibes

In the middle of writing this update, as I was re-reading all of your suggestions, I re-visited Kona’s breakfast menu, and I’ve just impulsively booked breakfast at Kona Café for 10/3 :thumbsup2

Our reservation at California Grill was purely because of ( @SimplyGoofy ) Jenny’s photos from her last TR! We ate there in September 2012 and loved it, but we only had an entrée each.. Usually I can’t manage a three course meal, so I’m thinking this time I’ll go for an appetiser and dessert combo - thanks again to Jenny's suggestion!

One of your most popular suggestions was Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
It was so so hard to choose between Artist Point and Whispering Canyon cafe.
For now I have Whispering Canyon booked because I really want to experience the crazy atmosphere..!
However, last year I cancelled and rebooked ADRs SO many times, and I know for sure I’ll change my mind on this a few times before we go!

Another popular suggestion was Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I totally believe you guys that this place is great, but I’m afraid it’s confession time…
I’m a pretty fussy eater.
I’m really wanting to become more adventurous and try some more exotic food, so I think Boma would be a better choice for me, as it’s a buffet style meal, meaning I can try little bits of everything, rather than ordering one meal at Jiko and not really enjoying it.
So hopefully I’ll enjoy myself at Boma, and feel comfortable enough to visit Jiko in the future!

:rainbow:

So that's about all I have to say for now!
Thanks again for your help everyone :flower3:

Hey! Followed you here from your TR :magnify: LIKE A STALKER hehehe

Great ADR choices! I’m planning on Kona Café for the first time on our next trip. I’m really tempted to try the Yachtsman too after reading your TR!

I LOVE lunch at BOG, we’ll have free dining so I think it’d be a great use of credits, I’d say we’ll try for breakfast there too!
Boma is really nice, we had a lovely drink up at the bar while waiting to be seated too. Our server was great and the food was yummy with plenty to choose from.

1900 Park Fare I’m not sold on, it’s quite expensive and we weren’t blown away by the food, we had an 8pm reservation and they had cleared away most of the deserts before we got to try them! There is fun interaction though with the characters so that was cool.

Crystal Palace I went to for the first time on my last trip and it was really nice, we got lots of great photos with an empty Magic Kingdom and the food there was really nice with a great selection.

Whipsering Canyon is so much fun!!! Our server was hilarious and the food is plentiful, tasty and at a really reasonable price (the all you can eat skillet is a bargain!) oh and make sure you try the shakes!

I like Ohana too, debating whether or not to do it again this time, trying to go to new places mainly!
I really want to try Kona for breakfast! I think that’ll be on our list this time!
CALIFORNIA GRILL IS THE BEST!!!! My favourite meal of our last trip, the flatbread is to DIE FOR! We ordered that and sushi to share (dragon roll…OMG!) and deserts, we ended up going a second time because it was sooooo good! Maybe request a table though, we were seated out the back with an Epcot view and I would’ve preferred a Magic Kingdom view. We watched the fireworks from the viewing platform that was really fun as well!

“Hey, I have the confirmation number you gave me, but I need the confirmation number that Disney gave you…”

Suffice it to say, the guy had NO idea what I was talking about.

:headache:

ZEgWz61.gif

:rotfl2::rotfl: Great gif! Very appropriate!

I’m studying for my Masters degree at a university that is about 1.5 hours away from my house, so I was up at 6am, left the house at 7ish to get there at around 8:30am (allowing plenty of time for rush hour traffic / accidents on the motorway) – then I was in class 9am – 5pm, and didn’t get home until 6:30pm, and THEN I had to finish a report that was due in the next day..!!

Ugh, I'm so not jealous of you. I totally remember pulling long days like this and only for my Bachelors! :scared1:

o GUYS. If you can’t book on the morning of your 180 days mark…

Pretty much:lmao:

9/23 – 6:45pm – Kona Café
9/25 – 6:30pm – Yachtsman Steakhouse
9/27 – 12:35pm – Be Our Guest
9/27 – 7:30pm – Boma – Flavors of Africa
9/28 – 5:45pm – 1900 Park Fare
9/30 – 8:10am – Crystal Palace
9/30 – 7:00pm – Whispering Canyon Café
10/2 – 7:00pm – Ohana
10/3 – 8:45am – Kona Café
10/3 – 5:55pm – California Grill

10/6 – 12:00pm – Be Our Guest – As long as I can grab this! Resevations will open on Monday.
...EDIT: - We got the 10/6 ADR :goodvibes

Loving your ADR's! And you've never tried sushi?! Kona Cafe makes some very delicious, fresh sushi. That would definitely be the place to try your first roll for sure:thumbsup2

And glad you got BOG! :banana:

One of your most popular suggestions was Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge.
It was so so hard to choose between Artist Point and Whispering Canyon cafe.
For now I have Whispering Canyon booked because I really want to experience the crazy atmosphere..!
However, last year I cancelled and rebooked ADRs SO many times, and I know for sure I’ll change my mind on this a few times before we go!

I loved that we had that option to change our ADR's if we wanted to up to a day before, there was always plenty of seating times to different restaurants. For some reason I thought you had visited WCC before:confused3 so shoot, that would be a tough decision to make between WCC and AP. Oh AP though....:cloud9:

I'm thinking maybe Whispering Canyon Cafe and Boma - Flavors of Africa.
Again, if anyone has eaten at either of these, or anywhere at WL or AKL, let me know what you thought!

Hi Katie,

I am really enjoying your trip report and through that your pre-trip report for September. I am heading to WDW in late October, staying at POFQ for the first time. My sister and I are travel buddies but we bought a farm seven years ago and find that we need to travel solo now. It's pretty hard to find farm sitters. We LOVE Boma and would never take a trip without dining there at least once each trip. We have had both breakfast and dinner and love everything about it. My sister is a vegetarian and finds plenty to enjoy. There are many exotic choices (not too exotic...it is Disney after all) and plenty of delicious favourites. The desserts are amazing. I highly recommend you try Boma. The AKL and gift store there are also must-sees.

Keep up the great reports. They are wonderful.

Joining in from your last trip report. I found it, and read it all in one day. Didn't do anything productive at all! Looking forward to your adventures!

Hi Katie :wave2: I'm following along on your PTR, and read one of your older TR your sense of humor is amazing! You two are adorable as well! :D ~ *cheers* Rebecca

OMG I am dying over here, that would definitely be us :rotfl2::rotfl2:

And no that's not weird at all! And it's official now, step-sisters fo life! :thumbsup2 Is is weird if I start telling people I have a step-sister who lives in England? :confused3 Not that I would do that :scratchin :rotfl:

Hahah no no, nothing weird about that, it's totally believable! :laughing:

AWESOME ADR choices! Sorry you didn't get BoG for your first day but happy you did get it for 10/6! You'll have to let me know what you think of California Grill since the renovations - the last time I was there was years ago and I wasn't super impressed w/ the quality of food. But I have been reading pretty consistently positive reviews of CG over the last year or so and I would love to give it another try the next time we are there. Will be looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Thanks my love! Yeah, I haven't been since the renovations either, so I'm looking forward to it :goodvibes We had a nice meal last time actually, but we were too full for dessert, so I'm considering just ordering an appetiser and a dessert this time! I WILL try one of those desserts! They all look so good :goodvibes

Katie! Hi! :wave2: You have a PTR going too! I'm excited! :banana: First off I am super jealous that you are staying at the Poly...in club level...in a theme park view! :eek: Secondly I now can't stop hearing Allison from Bedazzled saying "three magical weeks" in my head! :rotfl: Do you have any idea what I'm talking about? :scratchin No? Just ignore me :rolleyes1 Anyway...I know what you mean about third party booking and trying to get a number for MDE. "I need my number. Like now...Seriously people do you not get that there are Fast passes to be booked?!" :confused: Guess not!
Sucks to hear you didn't get BOG the day you wanted. Hopefully some pixie dust will float your way. :tinker:I've only eaten at one of your ADR's as an adult and that was BOG. Funny story when we went in October/November 2012 we actually ate there when it was doing a soft opening. We had no idea what was happening we just wandered over to see what was going on and scored a table there and then! :scared1: Then two days later we got in again! :hyper: I doubt that will ever happen again :rotfl2:(We got free grey stuff it was delicious) We also happened to be there when F&W was on, now this we before I knew about these boards, but we had NO CLUE about it and just bypassed ALL the booths!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: Doh! :faint: Major face-plant moment there! :rotfl2: Whoops! I see a pattern of our noob foolishness appearing!
I really want to try Ohana's (haha autocorrect really really wants to say Obama's! Not sure the President of the USA would be too thrilled about that autocorrect :lmao:), and Kona. I too have ADRaritius...too many restaurants not enough time...:sad:

Hey girly! Hahaha I actually don't have a clue about Allison from Bedazzled, but I am glad that you recognised that I might have no idea what you're talking about :rotfl:Haha I know! MDE is such a difficult concept to explain to someone who doesn't 'get' Disney :laughing: I'm like, "you don't know what fastpass+ is? Have you been living under a rock?!?"
Yeah I'll keep checking for BOG, I keep hearing that Disney sporadically opens up some more reservations occasionally so I've got a little hope. People do tend to cancel reservations 24 hours in advance to avoid the no-show fee, but unfortunately we'll be travelling to Florida all through that day! It doesn't really matter if we don't get it though, I mean HELLO, I'll be in Disney!! That's so cool that you ended up eating there during the soft opening! We were there in September 2012 and missed it by a few weeks :sad2: Hahah that sucks that you missed F&W :rotfl: at least you wont make the same mistake next year :thumbsup2 Aww I know, I really just need to move to Florida and eat at a different Disney restaurant every night... That's the dream.. *sigh* :goodvibes

:love::cloud9:

September 14th 2011. He dragged me to magic kingdom. (Normally i wouldnt need dragging but it was a long day and i needed my bed) to watch wishies. Casually standing there he came up behind me and telling me about how i made all his dreams come true, and that he wanted to make wishies come true. And then got down on one knee in front of the everyone on main street and asked me. (Im crying while i type)
Obviously i said yes and the rest was history. We also went and brought our mr and mrs mickey ears hats. Which we later used as part of our wedding decoration. Now i can not wait to relive it in 164 days :) xx

This is beautiful!!! Thanks so much for sharing :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Let's see, we're aiming for Whispering Canyon and BoG on Monday, Kona Café, Via Napoli, and Teppan Edo on Tuesday, 50's Primetime and Yachtsman on Wednesday, Beaches & Cream and 'Ohana on Thursday, Yak & Yeti and CRT on Friday, and Chef Mickey's and the To-Be-Determined Jungle Cruise-themed restaurant on Saturday (which will hopefully be open by then!) before we head out (we're on the DDP so we'll have a million dining credits)! I figure most of them will be pretty easy, but I'm slightly concerned about BoG and CRT dinner ressies so keep your fingers crossed! :teeth:

They are some great ADRs! And I had totally forgotten about the to-be-determined jungle cruise-themes restaurant!!! I don't really know much about it though?! I think we might just miss it's opening :sad2: ah well, there's my reason for going back again!!! You should definitely try to get a BOG ADR as soon as the reservations open up!! :goodvibes I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Oh My Goodness!
I've been reading your current TR, and decided to jump over here and noticed, we'll be there at the same time!!
Yayy!
Cant wait to hear about you and Jamie's adventures, y'all remind me of my boyfriend and I!

Hey thanks for joining!! And YAY!! What are your dates? :woohoo:

Hey! Followed you here from your TR :magnify: LIKE A STALKER hehehe

Great ADR choices! I’m planning on Kona Café for the first time on our next trip. I’m really tempted to try the Yachtsman too after reading your TR!

I LOVE lunch at BOG, we’ll have free dining so I think it’d be a great use of credits, I’d say we’ll try for breakfast there too!
Boma is really nice, we had a lovely drink up at the bar while waiting to be seated too. Our server was great and the food was yummy with plenty to choose from.

1900 Park Fare I’m not sold on, it’s quite expensive and we weren’t blown away by the food, we had an 8pm reservation and they had cleared away most of the deserts before we got to try them! There is fun interaction though with the characters so that was cool.

Crystal Palace I went to for the first time on my last trip and it was really nice, we got lots of great photos with an empty Magic Kingdom and the food there was really nice with a great selection.

Whipsering Canyon is so much fun!!! Our server was hilarious and the food is plentiful, tasty and at a really reasonable price (the all you can eat skillet is a bargain!) oh and make sure you try the shakes!

I like Ohana too, debating whether or not to do it again this time, trying to go to new places mainly!
I really want to try Kona for breakfast! I think that’ll be on our list this time!
CALIFORNIA GRILL IS THE BEST!!!! My favourite meal of our last trip, the flatbread is to DIE FOR! We ordered that and sushi to share (dragon roll…OMG!) and deserts, we ended up going a second time because it was sooooo good! Maybe request a table though, we were seated out the back with an Epcot view and I would’ve preferred a Magic Kingdom view. We watched the fireworks from the viewing platform that was really fun as well!

Hey! Thanks for joining in!! The Yachtsman is great, I really recommend it if you're a meat lover! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed Boma, I really hope I like it. I've heard mixed reviews about 1900 Park Fare. I just knew I wanted to eat at the GF one night, and we did Citricos last time, and I don't think Jamie would be very interested in Narcoossee's as it's a lot of seafood I think (and we're not quite ready for V&A's :laughing:). I love having breakfast at Crystal Palace!! We did the early ADR last time too, and got some great photos on Main Street! I think the Winnie the Pooh characters are always a lot of fun, and I actually like the food! I know a lot of people aren't into the buffets but I think Crystal Palace is good :goodvibes I'm relieved to hear you had a fun time at Whispering Canyon! That's the main reason I've booked it, I just want to experience the atmosphere (and good food would be a bonus!) I've noted down to try the shakes too, thanks for the tip! I'm glad you enjoyed California Grill too, I'm excited for this one! I'll have to remember the dragon roll, Jamie and I aren't very familiar with sushi (I've actually NEVER tried it before!) so we probably won't have a clue what to order.

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! :goodvibes:goodvibes

:headache:

:rotfl2::rotfl: Great gif! Very appropriate!

Ugh, I'm so not jealous of you. I totally remember pulling long days like this and only for my Bachelors! :scared1:

Pretty much:lmao:

Loving your ADR's! And you've never tried sushi?! Kona Cafe makes some very delicious, fresh sushi. That would definitely be the place to try your first roll for sure:thumbsup2

And glad you got BOG! :banana:

I loved that we had that option to change our ADR's if we wanted to up to a day before, there was always plenty of seating times to different restaurants. For some reason I thought you had visited WCC before:confused3 so shoot, that would be a tough decision to make between WCC and AP. Oh AP though....:cloud9:

Haha right?! I just said it earlier, but like, WHO doesn't know about MDE, seriously?! It saddens me that there are people out there who haven't got a clue about Disney :laughing:

I knowww it's a struggle sometimes!! Why did I pay so much money for this torture?!?! Hopefully it will be worth it soon :goodvibes

I haven't ever tried sushi!! Jamie has tried it once but he doesn't even know what he had. I'm probably going to accidentally order something disgustingly fishy and gross.. :sick::crazy2: Yeah AP definitely seems to be the favourite! I'm still booked into WCC for now though.. :goodvibes

Hi Katie,

I am really enjoying your trip report and through that your pre-trip report for September. I am heading to WDW in late October, staying at POFQ for the first time. My sister and I are travel buddies but we bought a farm seven years ago and find that we need to travel solo now. It's pretty hard to find farm sitters. We LOVE Boma and would never take a trip without dining there at least once each trip. We have had both breakfast and dinner and love everything about it. My sister is a vegetarian and finds plenty to enjoy. There are many exotic choices (not too exotic...it is Disney after all) and plenty of delicious favourites. The desserts are amazing. I highly recommend you try Boma. The AKL and gift store there are also must-sees.

Keep up the great reports. They are wonderful.

Hi, thanks so much! I'm really glad you're enjoying it :goodvibes:goodvibes That's exciting that you're going to WDW in October! I've never stayed at POFQ before but it looks so pretty :goodvibes I'm really happy to hear about your good experiences at Boma, a lot of people suggested Jiko or Sanaa over Boma, but I think the buffet at Boma will ensure I find something that I like :thumbsup2 I'm really excited to visit AKL for the first time too, and thanks for the tip, I'll make sure I check out the gift shop! Thanks so much for reading my reports and sharing your experiences! :goodvibes

Joining in from your last trip report. I found it, and read it all in one day. Didn't do anything productive at all! Looking forward to your adventures!

Hey, I'm so glad you're enjoying my trip report! Haha I know that kind of day, I can waste hours and hours reading trip reports :laughing: I should be updating it later on this evening :thumbsup2

Hi Katie :wave2: I'm following along on your PTR, and read one of your older TR your sense of humor is amazing! You two are adorable as well! :D ~ *cheers* Rebecca

Hey Rebecca! Thanks for following along :goodvibes:goodvibes I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I'll be able to update it this evening finally! :goodvibes

Disney friends are the best type of friends!!

Hello lovely people!

So, while I’m thinking and dreaming about Disney every day, not a lot is happening in terms of further planning just yet.

My university work has TAKEN OVER MY LIFE.

But we’re still 134 days away from visiting Disneyland Paris, and 143 days from Walt Disney World!

So there’s plenty of time yet. :thumbsup2

I did, however, want to make a quick post about two new friends of mine called Bill and Mandy (@spanishbilly ) :goodvibes

If any of you have been following along with my current TR, you will probably know that Splash Mountain is my favourite ride EVER!

You may also remember me saying (regarding the Br’er bunch):

22837617505_912c7b9541_o.png

I then received the following message in the comments section of my TR:

22837617475_f6165530b6_o.png

Interesting! It looks like Bill is selling some Splash-related merchandise!

I sent Bill a message, and it turned out he and his lovely wife Mandy had some plushies of the Br’er gang that they were willing to sell to me!

Awesome!!

We exchanged a few messages and emails, and I got to know all about Bill and Mandy and their Disney adventures.

We started to discuss a price for the toys, and Bill told me that they had bought them at Walt Disney World back in 1998, and that they were pretty rare.

…But then he completely surprised me by saying,

I COULD HAVE THEM AS A GIFT!!!!!!

It was the sweetest gesture ever!!!!

So I wanted to show my appreciation to Bill and Mandy for being such generous and lovely people!

The gang are amazing (and huge!) and I love them so much!

22811615186_f4f81797dd_b.jpg

22445460389_c86433e069_c.jpg

I was so excited to receive them in the mail, and I hope Bill and Mandy know how grateful I am!

Jamie was worried that they might gang up on his beloved plush broccoli.
(Yes, Jamie has a plush broccoli, you heard me correctly.)

But they all seem to be getting along great!!!

22419274547_96989704c2_b.jpg

Thank you Bill and Mandy!!!

I also have their address so I will be able to send them some postcards from my upcoming trips :goodvibes

-----

Also - in an unrelated topic, I've been to see the Doctor a couple of times recently, and after a blood test, I was told that I have an extreme vitamin D deficiency..!!

If that isn't proof that I belong in the Florida sunshine, I don't know what is!!

That's all for now!

:wave2:

Click for next post!

Last edited:
The Brer' Gang are pretty wonderful and that is one stylin' broccoli! :D
Cute Snow White iPhone cover! I picked up a Stitch cover at Hot Topic the other day, and i luuuuv it muchly!
Are you getting Vitamin D shots or taking pills? Hope the Florida sunshine boosts those levels!

Is it wrong that I'm actaully more interested/jealous of the broccoli plush!!! LOL, where did he find that???

The Brer' Gang are pretty wonderful and that is one stylin' broccoli! :D
Cute Snow White iPhone cover! I picked up a Stitch cover at Hot Topic the other day, and i luuuuv it muchly!
Are you getting Vitamin D shots or taking pills? Hope the Florida sunshine boosts those levels!

They're great aren't they! I think the broccoli fits right in :rotfl:
Thanks!! I got it for like £3 on ebay :thumbsup2 Oh snap! I had a stitch cover on my last phone!
I'm taking daily vitamin pills and I'm feeling better already :goodvibes Absolutely! Living in the cold, rainy UK is awful, I wish I lived in Florida :goodvibes

Very cute!

I know! Thanks :goodvibes:goodvibes

Is it wrong that I'm actaully more interested/jealous of the broccoli plush!!! LOL, where did he find that???

Hahaha he's pretty cool! I actually have a broccoli of my own, it's from Ikea! And when Jamie saw it he fell in love with it, so I bought him his own for his birthday!! :goodvibes

I'm a bit late to the party but joining in!!! Your trip(s) sound so fantastic! I was at DLP in 2012 and boy was it packed!!! I hope that since you are going in Sept and weekdays it won't be so bad. How fun though!!! I will have to go back and re-read to see where you are staying at DLP. We had a great time there...but I have to say it's good that you are staying at DLP before WDW...because the rooms are rather cramped in comparison to what you find at WDW. And the POLY!! I'm sooo jealous!! What a fantastic trip!! You will just have enough time to get back from DLP to unpack and wash laundry and repack!! I look forward to following along!

That's so awesome that you got your brer gang! They are very cute! Glad they get along with other studies so well!

How you get the vitamin D thing all worked out and feel better soon--get to Florida ASAP! :smooth:

Hey girly! Hahaha I actually don't have a clue about Allison from Bedazzled, but I am glad that you recognised that I might have no idea what you're talking about :rotfl:Haha I know! MDE is such a difficult concept to explain to someone who doesn't 'get' Disney :laughing: I'm like, "you don't know what fastpass+ is? Have you been living under a rock?!?"
Yeah I'll keep checking for BOG, I keep hearing that Disney sporadically opens up some more reservations occasionally so I've got a little hope. People do tend to cancel reservations 24 hours in advance to avoid the no-show fee, but unfortunately we'll be travelling to Florida all through that day! It doesn't really matter if we don't get it though, I mean HELLO, I'll be in Disney!! That's so cool that you ended up eating there during the soft opening! We were there in September 2012 and missed it by a few weeks :sad2: Hahah that sucks that you missed F&W :rotfl: at least you wont make the same mistake next year :thumbsup2 Aww I know, I really just need to move to Florida and eat at a different Disney restaurant every night... That's the dream.. *sigh* :goodvibes

:rotfl: I do tend to quote random movies that no one seems to get! It's like a whole genre of movies that are made just for me :happytv:popcorn::
Or many I just watch weird movies! :lmao:
When we were booked for the trip we meant to be taking this year (we should actually be there now :sad1:) It took me a whole WEEK to get the number for DME :mad: And many phone calls to people who just did not get it :sad2:
I know, how in the heck did we miss F&W! Honestly we were like the worst newbies on our last trip even though we had been like 15 times before! :blush: Noobs! We must redeem yourself!! :cool2:
Okay seriously this is the best idea ever! I have already picked my new house (Cinderella's Castle...or if not available the Gingerbread house at GF...both very likely house choices don't you think??) :rotfl:
Do it!!! :banana::banana:

Disney friends are the best type of friends!!

Hello lovely people!

So, while I’m thinking and dreaming about Disney every day, not a lot is happening in terms of further planning just yet.

My university work has TAKEN OVER MY LIFE.

But we’re still 134 days away from visiting Disneyland Paris, and 143 days from Walt Disney World!

So there’s plenty of time yet. :thumbsup2

I did, however, want to make a quick post about two new friends of mine called Bill and Mandy (@spanishbilly ) :goodvibes

If any of you have been following along with my current TR, you will probably know that Splash Mountain is my favourite ride EVER!

You may also remember me saying (regarding the Br’er bunch):

I then received the following message in the comments section of my TR:

Interesting! It looks like Bill is selling some Splash-related merchandise!

I sent Bill a message, and it turned out he and his lovely wife Mandy had some plushies of the Br’er gang that they were willing to sell to me!

Awesome!!

We exchanged a few messages and emails, and I got to know all about Bill and Mandy and their Disney adventures.

We started to discuss a price for the toys, and Bill told me that they had bought them at Walt Disney World back in 1998, and that they were pretty rare.

…But then he completely surprised me by saying,

I COULD HAVE THEM AS A GIFT!!!!!!

It was the sweetest gesture ever!!!!

So I wanted to show my appreciation to Bill and Mandy for being such generous and lovely people!

The gang are amazing (and huge!) and I love them so much!

I was so excited to receive them in the mail, and I hope Bill and Mandy know how grateful I am!

Jamie was worried that they might gang up on his beloved plush broccoli.
(Yes, Jamie has a plush broccoli, you heard me correctly.)

But they all seem to be getting along great!!!

Thank you Bill and Mandy!!!

I also have their address so I will be able to send them some postcards from my upcoming trips :goodvibes

-----

Also - in an unrelated topic, I've been to see the Doctor a couple of times recently, and after a blood test, I was told that I have an extreme vitamin D deficiency..!!

If that isn't proof that I belong in the Florida sunshine, I don't know what is!!

That's all for now!

:wave2:

OMG this is THE BEST! :cool1:
And Br'er Bear STILL has no pants on! :rotfl: Dude. :hippie:
Broccoli plush is amazeballs! Making veggies look cool! :cool2:
Well clearly you had better get to Florida stat! Doctors orders! :thumbsup2
The weather here right now. :sad2:
It SNOWED the other morning. In April. Snow. Where actually is this "Global warming" thing any way?? I don't see any evidence at all! :cold:
:rotfl:

Hi Katie! Followed you over from your TR.
I had no idea you had a PTR going as well!
Be forwarned, I don't comment too much on PTRs.
But I am here, following along.... and completely thrilled with what you've planned so far...
and totally jealous of those plans too! :laughing:

Katie, that is some serious pixiedust:. Bill and Mandy are examples that there are still really good people out there. Enjoy those stuffies! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter