Aloha Isle Crisis!!!!

At Tamu Tamu Refreshments in the Harambe Village (Africa) section.

Here is the menu: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/tamu-tamu-refreshments/menus/

Pineapple Whip Soft-serve
$3.99

Pineapple Whip Soft-serve with Dark Rum

$6.25

Pineapple Whip Soft-serve with Coconut Rum

$6.25
How did I not know this? How?? Lol. Well, now I will have to put Tamu Tamu on my list :) Also, we were at the Dole Plantation on Oahu in June and THEY don't offer anything other than the Pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice (float form) or plain. I am fine with the change, because I like the pineapple whip, but I totally get why other DISers are bummed & I'm sorry that they let it go.

Heard they are switching over to fat free/sugar free soft serve option. Maybe that is the hold up. Installing new machines that can serve both sugar free and regular. Had a friend go there this past weekend and they asked the server who told them this.

How did I not know this? How?? Lol. Well, now I will have to put Tamu Tamu on my list :) Also, we were at the Dole Plantation on Oahu in June and THEY don't offer anything other than the Pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice (float form) or plain. I am fine with the change, because I like the pineapple whip, but I totally get why other DISers are bummed & I'm sorry that they let it go.
I really don't get the big deal either. Now if they stop serving The grey goose slushie in France I will be bummed out.

I really don't get the big deal either. Now if they stop serving The grey goose slushie in France I will be bummed out.

The same arguments you made can go against your slushie...
It's not some life altering big deal, it's a issue specific to food items and last time I checked, this entire sub-forum for Disney FOOD AND DRINKS on a forum for DISNEY VACATIONS, existed for all aspects of Disney's food/drink?

Wouldn't the disappointment of a removed food item, belong here? I'm pretty sure that's what the general restaurant thread entails - all aspects of Disney food and drink.

The complaining and oh-no, would be weird if someone was freaking out in their daily, general lives on Facebook. It's fitting for the board...

How is there no validity in using the complaint/suggestion/tip to express a food/drink request...? Pretty sure that's what it's there for...

The same arguments you made can go against your slushie...
It's not some life altering big deal, it's a issue specific to food items and last time I checked, this entire sub-forum for Disney FOOD AND DRINKS on a forum for DISNEY VACATIONS, existed for all aspects of Disney's food/drink?

Wouldn't the disappointment of a removed food item, belong here? I'm pretty sure that's what the general restaurant thread entails - all aspects of Disney food and drink.

The complaining and oh-no, would be weird if someone was freaking out in their daily, general lives on Facebook. It's fitting for the board...

How is there no validity in using the complaint/suggestion/tip to express a food/drink request...? Pretty sure that's what it's there for...
So starting a change.org for the return of the family soft serve is "normal."

So starting a change.org for the return of the family soft serve is "normal."

It depends behind the context of the creator. It takes less time to start a petition on change.org than it does to upload pictures on this forum. So if someone made it for a lighthearted goof to show Disney "hey see a lot of us like it", no, it's not a big deal.

It depends behind the context of the creator. It takes less time to start a petition on change.org than it does to upload pictures on this forum. So if someone made it for a lighthearted goof to show Disney "hey see a lot of us like it", no, it's not a big deal.
The thing is that it was not created as a joke/goof.

90% of what is posted on a message board is trivial information/trivial problems. If you want to nit pick about what someone else considers a "crisis" that you think is not important then a message board probably isn't the place for you. If you think the topic is stupid, nobody forced you to read anything past the first post, or to continue reading 8 pages beyond that... Let people complain about what they want to complain about, its not hurting you...

The thing is that it was not created as a joke/goof.

It was created for a purpose, yes.
Does that mean the creator was so irate, bent and at a loss by dole whip? No.
Maybe the term 'petition' or 'change' makes you envision a purposeful, serious nature of a petition, but if you've been on change.org, 50% of the petitions are light-hearted.

You can start a change.org petition and have it be light-hearted in nature for a 'lets see if it works!'. That wouldn't equate to a crisis and overreacting...

i thought someone posted a little while back in this thread that they heard from guest services and its only temporary?

That was me. So I had emailed Guest Services asking them to return the DoleWhip swirl and I received a phone call from Marlana Marwan of Guest Experience Services. She said she shared my request with the appropriate staff. She assured me that it was "notpermanently eliminated from the menu" and to look for it when I visit.

She also said it depended upon how much feedback they received on the change whether it would be put back in. If you want it, send an email to Guest.Services@disneyworld.com

I am going next week, and she knew that when she told me to look for it. Based on wrighter's post, doesn't sound like anything has been changed back.

If it really is not coming back, I wish she would have just said that. I don't want to stand in line for something that doesn't exist. She also told me how important the guest experience is to them, so I was hoping she meant what she said.

That was me. So I had emailed Guest Services asking them to return the DoleWhip swirl and I received a phone call from Marlana Marwan of Guest Experience Services. She said she shared my request with the appropriate staff. She assured me that it was "notpermanently eliminated from the menu" and to look for it when I visit.

She also said it depended upon how much feedback they received on the change whether it would be put back in. If you want it, send an email to Guest.Services@disneyworld.com

I am going next week, and she knew that when she told me to look for it. Based on wrighter's post, doesn't sound like anything has been changed back.

If it really is not coming back, I wish she would have just said that. I don't want to stand in line for something that doesn't exist. She also told me how important the guest experience is to them, so I was hoping she meant what she said.

please make sure you tell us/me what happened. this soft serve isnt my favorite thing and im not obsessed like some people on the board are (pineapple float is my thing) but i know i would be devistated if my favorite item was gone so i am hoping for the best for all of you. and also i hope disney keeps their word.

please make sure you tell us/me what happened. this soft serve isnt my favorite thing and im not obsessed like some people on the board are (pineapple float is my thing) but i know i would be devistated if my favorite item was gone so i am hoping for the best for all of you. and also i hope disney keeps their word.
Thanks

Well, it sounds like she contradicted herself. How can you say it is not permanently eliminated and then say it being put back on the menu depended on feedback. I wouldn't count on anything.

UPDATE:

I have been contacted by a Disney rep named Ms.Marwan who noted that there have indeed been a number of complaints and that the Vanilla will be coming back.
Please pardon me if someone already posted this info.

thanks guys!

UPDATE NUMBER TWO:
I see above that someone else has spoken with Ms. Marwan! Great going guys.
Someone posted in this thread that these effort would be fruitless. Not only have they not been fruitless... but the positive response has been rather swift.

UPDATE:

I have been contacted by a Disney rep named Ms.Marwan who noted that there have indeed been a number of complaints and that the Vanilla will be coming back.

thanks guys!

UPDATE NUMBER TWO:
Someone posted in this thread that these effort would be fruitless. Not only have they not been fruitless... but the positive response has been rather swift.
Awesome!! She didn't happen to mention when it would be coming back? Hoping it is back when I get there in a few weeks. Great effort everyone! :)

UPDATE:

thanks guys!

UPDATE NUMBER TWO:

I would curb your enthusiasm until it actually comes back.

She mentioned to the other person it wasn't a permanent change in the first place.

I emailed them, and the same person called me back (i think). Whoever I spoke with, did say the vanilla will be coming back for sure. She's just not sure WHEN. But "upper management" did in fact tell her it will be returning. So thats good news! See, voicing our opinion can make a difference!

Absolutely Goofyintoronto!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter