Aloha Isle Crisis!!!!

Can someone explain what a swirl is? I am clueless as to the source of the discontent.

Can someone explain what a swirl is? I am clueless as to the source of the discontent.
The original menu had pineapple juice mixed with vanilla ice cream or orange and vanilla swirl.
They just eliminated those flavors, so now you can only get pineapple juice with pineapple dole whip in it which is like frozen pineapple sherbet.
What made it good was the vanilla or vanilla/orange because it was like an ice cream float
Pineapple juice mixed with pineapple soft serve is not as good - too sweet

Crisis:

1. A crucial or decisive point or situation, especially a difficult or unstable situation involving an impending change.
2. A sudden change in the course of a disease or fever, toward either improvement or deterioration.
3. An emotionally stressful event or traumatic change in a person's life.
4. A point in a story or drama when a conflict reaches its highest tension and must be resolved.

Not the lack of fake vanilla softserve ice cream in a cup of pineapple juice.

Crisis:

1. A crucial or decisive point or situation, especially a difficult or unstable situation involving an impending change.
2. A sudden change in the course of a disease or fever, toward either improvement or deterioration.
4. A point in a story or drama when a conflict reaches its highest tension and must be resolved.

Get over it, it's all relative. Is it a global crisis or even a Disney World crisis? No. It's it an Aloha Isle crisis? For some, sure. It's the difference between eating there...and not...which is about as big as an issue can get for a small novelty eatery

Crisis:

1. A crucial or decisive point or situation, especially a difficult or unstable situation involving an impending change.g]
Again, I am not the OP, and I don't necessarily think it's a crisis, but if we use your definition, it actually is a decisive point, in that Disney is deciding whether to keep as is or implementing thechange that lots of people are protesting

Last edited:
Crisis:

uptight-394x400.jpg

Crisis:

Wow your still at it. Its getting really sad now. Almost like an obsession. So much for having no energy to waste on a subject you care nothing for.

Crisis:

You ARE aware that nobody is really arguing with you ... correct?

It's not a crisis.

It IS an annoyance and people come to these kinds of boards to speak their mind. Or would you rather everyone just leave you here by yourself?

I don't think I can sign a petition for the restoral of vanilla ice cream at one particular stand in the MK. However, remove the rum dole whip as an option and there will be riots in the street!! That would be just un American.

I don't think I can sign a petition for the restoral of vanilla ice cream at one particular stand in the MK. However, remove the rum dole whip as an option and there will be riots in the street!! That would be just un American.
Better yet. Remove all liquor from all parks, resorts, restaurants. Now that is a crisis. One thing I look forward to at Epcot is a nice frosty beer in the middle of the day in Germany.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my devastation.

We just returned yesterday from WDW, and among many other disappointments, this was a big one. Aloha Isle is always a must do for us - because of that soft serve. It's just one of our favorite things. I knew that Aloha Isle had moved, and we hoofed it back there through the crazy crowds and heat with two strollers to get our delicious treat. When I found out you couldn't get it anymore my jaw dropped. We tried the stupid dole whip cup thing - threw it out. I enjoy pineapple as a flavor in general, but this thing was like pineapple sorbet on steroids. (We did get the pineapple soft serve at Epcot one day, which was a nicer option. But it still didn't satisfy the Aloha Isle craving.)

Sigh. Another WDW change that reinforces our feeling that we don't need to return any time soon. :-(

They killed off my Beaver Tails from Canada in Epcot.

They did away with my cider-cured salmon on griddled pumpkin bread from the Liberty Tree Tavern.

They heartlessly eliminated my Figaro Fries, from the incongruously Germanic themed, Pinocchio's Village Haus.

NOW THIS. OH, the HUMANITY!

Last edited:
I have just returned from WDW and was looking for an appropriate place to post this. Glad someone has. First disappointment was at Epcot Flower and Garden where they told us we could only get the swirl in MK or at Polynesian. After waiting on long line at Aloha Isle, found it was gone from their menu! Did not try Poly, which I assume would be the same. Going to write to Guest Services.

I guess i can cross the dole whip off my list. :( I loved the swirl. Without the vanilla, its just too much pineapple. Why on earth would they do this?

I agree. I couldn't believe it - we were just there and we tried it and it was just too much pineapple. I know they sold the vanilla dole whip at the Poly in February - I didn't get a chance to get to the Poly to see if they still sell vanilla. So sad - we won't be getting Dole Whips anymore.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my devastation.

We just returned yesterday from WDW, and among many other disappointments, this was a big one. Aloha Isle is always a must do for us - because of that soft serve. It's just one of our favorite things. I knew that Aloha Isle had moved, and we hoofed it back there through the crazy crowds and heat with two strollers to get our delicious treat. When I found out you couldn't get it anymore my jaw dropped. We tried the stupid dole whip cup thing - threw it out. I enjoy pineapple as a flavor in general, but this thing was like pineapple sorbet on steroids. (We did get the pineapple soft serve at Epcot one day, which was a nicer option. But it still didn't satisfy the Aloha Isle craving.)

Sigh. Another WDW change that reinforces our feeling that we don't need to return any time soon. :-(

That's disappointing. I was hoping the change was temporary.

I have just returned from WDW and was looking for an appropriate place to post this. Glad someone has. First disappointment was at Epcot Flower and Garden where they told us we could only get the swirl in MK or at Polynesian. After waiting on long line at Aloha Isle, found it was gone from their menu! Did not try Poly, which I assume would be the same. Going to write to Guest Services.

You can get the swirl and the float with vanilla at the Poly. Just had one last Saturday and it was delicious as ever. :-) I have a picture of the whole Pineapple Lanai menu at the Poly if anyone wants to see it I will try to post it later. But it does make me a little sad that it's no longer an option in MK. Hopefully it's just a temporary change.

i thought someone posted a little while back in this thread that they heard from guest services and its only temporary?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter