Almond Milk

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by ktalina, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Fellzie

Fellzie Earning My Ears

This is smart- I wouldn't have even thought about this until it was too late! Although none of us have an allergy but a mere preference for almond milk. Perhaps I'll carry on a carton of shelf stable!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. alaskanabbott

alaskanabbott DIS Veteran

No help with the Almond Milk, though we drink it too- but just giving you a hello as a mom of a 13 yr old boy with EB:goodvibes

4. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

Hello! I hope your son and your family are well. :)

5. geffric

geffric <font color=teal>DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell

A little off topic, but they do have Imagine Rice Dream ice cream on board.

6. Weedy

Weedy DIS Veteran

We are lucky enough to be able to drive to the port so we don't have to worry about packing liquids. I don't know when you are traveling or if you are doing it all in one day so that Disney is picking up your bags at the airport and putting them on the bus. If not I would suggest you taking the soy milk out of your bags. If you think the airlines are hard on your bags Disney is very vary hard on the bags.

Here are two thread with photos to show what I'm talking about.
    http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43290010

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40772878&postcount=1

If this is not possible for you I think your plan of wrapping things up is a good one. Have a great cruise.

7. lorenni

lorenni DIS Veteran

Someone else on a booze thread suggested carefully packing liquids in one small suitcase and checking it without the DCL tags. So we would need to collect just that one bag at the Orlando airport and bring it with us on the bus. I think we'll take that route. :)

8. ktalina

ktalina Earning My Ears

Good idea Lorenni ;)

Things would be much easier for us if we weren't traveling across the country - coast to coast and into Canada. Next cruise will be out of Port Canaveral (45 min. Drive) ;) Let me know if I can be of any help here in Central Florida ;)

9. jaybo22

jaybo22 Earning My Ears

Based on the advice given in this thread, we will plan to bring a couple boxes of the shelf stable rice milk with us. thanks!

To expand on the question above, are there non-dairy frozen desserts readily available on board like sorbet or even ice pops? It'll be tough to deny my son a Mickey ice cream bar, but you have to do what you have to do.

10. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

We just got off the wonder 2 weeks ago and my DH is lactose intolerant. They had soy and lactaid onboard. They had non-diary ice cream they served him for dessert. Just be aware, the "fridges" in the cabins are beverage coolers and not real fridges. It barely kept bottled water cold. Our head waiter gave DH a quart of lactaid to keep in the room, but the fridge did not keep it cold enough.

11. ktalina

ktalina Earning My Ears

I just got off the phone with the Special Needs department. DCL forwarded my info to them and they got in touch with me today. It was on my plans to call them but I was pleasantly surprised they called me :)

They will allow me to bring almond milk on board and will put a mini refrigerator in the room for me to keep the milk.