AllStar Movies questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by trvlr4301, Aug 28, 2005.

1. trvlr4301

trvlr4301 Earning My Ears

We will be staying at the AllStar Movie resort and I was wondering if you can use all the pools at all the AllStar resorts and can you refill your refillable mugs at all of the AllStar resorts. Also, which section is better, the Dalmations or the Toy Story?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ainmama2001

ainmama2001 DIS Veteran

Hi!

We did All Star Movies last fall and my dd (then 2) LOVED it. We stayed in 101 Dalmations because Toy Story was full, but it didn't really matter. You can walk to the Toy Story section and see all the things there. The rooms are the same except they have Toy Story spreads and posters. I thought my dd would like Toy Story better and was bummed to get 101 Dalmations, but she LOVED it. The huge Pongo and Perdita (is that her name?) dogs are really neat and the colors are so bright. They have paw prints on the sidewalks and a TV in the courtyard with the little puppy looking up at it. You stand in the TV for a photo op. I didn't use the pool, but I think you could use them all at the resort. Most people used the Fantasia pool because it was very cool and right across from the food court. I thought I had heard that you could refill your mug at any of the all stars, but we didn't. We only filled them at our home resort. I hope this helps!

4. Lizzybee

Lizzybee Perpetually Earning my Ears

we just got back today and we stayed at 101 Dalmations Bldg 1 (Pongo) on the 3rd floor (Room 1942). It was a great location, very close to the food court and smack dab in the middle of both pools. It was quiet and clean and while we didn't get "towel animals" we did have a toy arrangement one day, they were looking out the window waiting for us to come back. I can't answer the mug question we only ate there twice so it didn't make sense for us to buy them.

5. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

Yes, you can use the pools and refill your mugs at sister resorts of the resort you are staying at. So in your case, using the amenities at all 3 All Stars would be fine.

We have stayed at ASMO 3x, once in Toy Story and twice In MD. We really liked both, but MD gives you the advantage of a pool right outside, and being close to ASMU too (and we are a family of hockey fans).

6. trvlr4301

trvlr4301 Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone for the info....it is very helpful. We will be leaving in 19 days and we have the free dining plan also. We can hardly wait!

7. kmebee

kmebee DIS Veteran

Stayed at ASMo in June and am staying at ASMu in October so I asked about the refillable mugs - NO you can not use them at the other All Star Resorts. Each is different and you are only supposed to use them at the resort you bought them at. Not to say that people don't use them elsewhere, just know what the CM told me. Can't answer about the pools though.

8. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

We stayed at All Star Movies in May. We requested the Mighty Ducks and got the Dalmations. We loved it. We were half way between each pool, but spent most pool time at the Mighty Duck pool. We were told we could use our All Star mugs at any of the All Star resorts. We liked the look of the mugs better at All Star sports and bought them there instead.

9. Florida_Mom

Florida_Mom <font color=royalblue>What is this "iron" you spea

We just returned yesterday from ASMovies. We loved it. We stayed in the Toy Story building and the kids loved standing on Buzz's feet and getting their picture taken. I thought the food court was great--my expectations were certainly met, considering I was prepared for a food court similar to what you might find in the MK or another park. Lots of fresh things available, too -- fruit, yogurt and granola parfaits, cheese and grape trays, etc. (We didn't get the mugs, because we didn't stay long enough to get the value from the $11.99 mug.) The pool was alot of fun, the life guards were extremely aware of everything and there were several of them around. Really my only complaint was that the beds were a little hard. Being that it was a value resort, I thought it was great. We have stayed offsite before in DTD, and actually preferred this. You really do feel like you are in the middle of Fantasyland. It's not where I would go for a romantic weekend away or if I was expecting deluxe accomodations, but for what it is, it was alot of fun. Enjoy!

10. rach2674

rach2674 DIS Veteran

I'm assuming you get a discounted refill?? How much? We're planning to head up there tomorrow, so not sure which one we'll stay at. We stayed at the Pop Century last year, but don't know if my daughter would like another one better. I'm only leaning toward the Pop because it's newer. And now I'll have to find new things to eat because I just found out I have a gallstone and can't eat anything fried/fatty......my fav! So this will be new for me!

Rachel

11. CamColt

CamColt <font color=magenta>Only thinks she’s not losing i

I guess it depends who you talk to. ;) I have been told by numerous CMs that the mugs are good at the resorts they are bought at and their sister resorts (POR & POFQ for example, or all 3 All Stars). In fact that was even the answer we got from the executive offices when they called us concerning our email about the mugs. I have also seen it here on these boards many times.

12. disneynewbee

disneynewbee DIS Veteran

We stayed at ASMo on our last visit and loved it. We requested and got the dalmation building and were on the 2nd floor. It was a great location, a short walk to the food court and right between the 2 pools. The kids loved the fantasia pool but it was a little more crowded so when they wanted some peace and quiet they would head over to the other pool. Laundry was close by too if you intend to do any while there. We also did not get towel animals but we did get stuffed animal arrangements every day and always were given plenty of towels. Have fun it is a fun resort!!!! I almost forgot I never got the same answer twice about the mugs and pools so if you ever get a straight answer from someone in authority let us know since we plan to go back to movies on our next trip.

13. onelugnut

onelugnut Donald Duck!

did you have to have a preferred room on your bill
    or did you get to request which block you wanted anyway

right now i accidentally paid the extra $100 for preferred and
    it seems to me that in january it would not be needed.
    (should not be a rush for the best rooms)

am i wrong, and just pay the extra $100?