• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

allowing proper amount of time for Ohana's?

Thanks so much for the information! I am feeling much better now about our plan. :goodvibes

My pleasure! :goodvibes Glad it helped, there's enough to stress over with WDW vacation planning :lmao:

I don't know where I got the volcano thing either. :laughing: Looking back in my unofficial guide, I guess they mention the fire pit and fire, so maybe that's where??

No worries, it just made me wish there was an actual volcano! :laughing: How cool would that be?! (minus the real, spewing hot lava ;))

Ok, going to hijack for a sec & ask a question. How far is the walk from Ohana down to the beach area? & which way do you go? We have a 7:10pm that night, hoping that gives us enough time to eat & get down to the beach for the Water Pageant & Holiday Wishes.

Jperiod, I managed to get our earlier ADR by checking every day, hopefully, you'll get one as well! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. :3dglasses
Funny, that day is our AK day as well, lol. :goodvibes

Kimberly, thank you!! that visual helps a lot! :goodvibes

Disneyguess, :laughing: Yes, I've slowly moved our ADR up from 9 something, 8:45, now 8:15 as I find them! ;) Looks like we'll be following each other around WDW as we're there Dec 9-16! :rotfl: I'll have to keep my eyes open for your band of pirates! :goodvibes

The yellow circle is 'Ohanas (which is on the second floor). You can take the stairs (red/orange asterisks) or the elevators (blue asterisks). There's two sets of automatic doors that take you outside to the back, they're close together so either one is fine. You then follow the path basically straight, past the pool, and to the beach (path in green). The walk takes less than 5 minutes (depending how fast you stroll ;) ). Sometimes we take the walkway by the marina, get a drink at the pool bar before heading to the beach. There's a few hammocks/swings (which will be taken early), some chairs on the beach, or you can bring a blanket/towel to sit on. Hope that helps!

Wow! Never knew anyone else with a mango allergy! It runs in our family. MIL, SIL, and DS all have it. From what I understand, you can request the other dressing from Ohana.

Glad I read this. I am also allergic to mango

This is the general layout of 'Ohanas. The purple area/line indicates where most of the "action" is. This is generally where the singer moves around, where the coconut races generally begin, etc. The singer is usually hooked up to a mic and can be heard through the speakers (and throughout the restaurant). The red line indicates where the window seating is. Restrooms are technically outside of the restaurant in the hallway (blue lines).

Not like this matters but I was there in August and they have moved the check in kiosk from the area just outside the bar to the other side of the floor. It's across from the old spot but on the same side of the gift shop. I will also say we went the year before and this time around we felt a lot more rushed. The food came out very fast and we coudl've easilly eaten in an hour had we really wanted to.

Kimberly, thank you!! that visual helps a lot! :goodvibes

Disneyguess, :laughing: Yes, I've slowly moved our ADR up from 9 something, 8:45, now 8:15 as I find them! ;) Looks like we'll be following each other around WDW as we're there Dec 9-16! :rotfl: I'll have to keep my eyes open for your band of pirates! :goodvibes

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for the maps! That helps a lot, I'll know where to go after dinner to catch the fireworks. This is one of my most anticipated evenings!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter