Allocated seating trial at Fantasmic***Now with another new twist, see page 15, #288***

So then are they saying you need to visit a kiosk and get one of those in order to get in the show or will there still be "standby" too? Or that is in lieu of FP+, I guess? Why must they make things more complicated.

I'm not sure if it will work BETTER but I do believe the loss of control will start causing complaints to fly. I'll be honest and admit I pick where I sit based on easy access to leave, or step away with one of my bratty kids if I have to... or... to possibly be around the first to take off before the herd. I like that more than the BEST view because I'm typically having to fuss with one of my kids. I could hardly imagine the smug smirk my husband would have on his face if I were dealt seats that were WAY up front, center of a row, where I'm confined...aaaghhh!! :crazy2:

But that's just my comfort preference, I'm thinking it may be even harder to lose that control if it was a situation that required seats/areas chosen for special needs

I like the idea. I honestly never really minded when you could have your day in the park and then pop in a couple hours before the show to eat and hang out. This won't work though because it goes against the main complaint of the old FP system. People will be upset if they show up at 12 and while they can get in can't sit front row center because they shouldn't be penalized for not getting their earlier.

I'm interested to see if they decide to carry this out. I currently have reservations at Hollywood and Vine with Fantasmic seating. I wonder if they decide to keep this type of system if I will be given a seat while at dinner....hmmmm

We usually show up early, grab our seats and eat dinner while waiting. This is the first time we will show up closer to show time since we have the Fantasmic dinner package.

So then are they saying you need to visit a kiosk and get one of those in order to get in the show or will there still be "standby" too? Or that is in lieu of FP+, I guess? Why must they make things more complicated.

So how early does everyone think you'll need to get there in order to secure a FP? Just curious.

IMNSHO, the only reason it appears they're trying this is to get people out of line and back into the restaurants and shops.

The level of money-grubbing at WDW is really getting hard to stomach.

While revenue generation is certainly a goal of the company, I don't think it's the only thing driving thus test at all. People start lining up 2 hours ahead of time and block the sidewalks; it's a mess. In the hot months, it's miserable, too. People get crabby. I like the idea of having a seat waiting for me so I can enjoy stuff around the park and walk in a few minutes before showtime. It'd be great to ride T of T again insteaof having to wAit yo get in yo the amphitheater. Plus, they sell a ton of ice cream and light up ears to those people in line. It's not like they aren't generating sales yo the captive group on line there. I think there is more behind this than profit motive.

If a guest wants to ride X attraction one more time before heading to the theater, that is the guest's choice.
If a guest wants to allocate X amount of time arriving early to get a preferred seat at F!, that is that guest's choice.

Again.
Choice.

IMNSHO, the only reason it appears they're trying this is to get people out of line and back into the restaurants and shops.

The level of money-grubbing at WDW is really getting hard to stomach.

This is exactly what it appears to be .....

They don't want people showing up 2 or 1 or even 0.5 hours early, they want those people in the parks, spending money.

Funny thing is, this will only put more demand on rides and SB queues ... think about it. Those who would show up 2 hours before might instead think they can squeeze in another ride ... that could be another couple thousand people in the SB queues in the hour or two before Fantasmic.

If a guest wants to ride X attraction one more time before heading to the theater, that is the guest's choice.
If a guest wants to allocate X amount of time arriving early to get a preferred seat at F!, that is that guest's choice.

Again.
Choice.
They can't use that argument since their multi billion dollar investment was to ensure people didn't have to make a choice about showing up early to something.

Honestly the whole thing where you have to show up hours in advance and make your kids sit there with nothing to do to get a spot not all the way at the back where they can probably see (until at the last minute somebody scoots down and you end up behind the tallest family in Orlando that day) is a miserable experience to me. I'm sure this has as much to do with not having to hear people complain about how their entire night sucked so they could have 30 minutes of a crappy view is a big motivator.
I would rather be able to know in advance if I had an good spot already or if I needed to waste my time. I have done the dining and FP+ versions and both still meant we had to devote the entire evening to this one thing. Currently I have to assume that we are eating super early and wasting the entire night if we decide to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter