Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

Just joined in. Great job! Love how you incorporated the Little Mermaid theme without it being cheesy. Love the vintage car, your cake colors and I love your centerpieces. Can,t wait to see more!

Just joined in. Great job! Love how you incorporated the Little Mermaid theme without it being cheesy. Love the vintage car, your cake colors and I love your centerpieces. Can,t wait to see more!

Thanks! I can't believe how close we are now!

Those handkerchiefs (is that spelt right?!) look lovely! Where did you get those? They are simple, yet meaningful.

I love your new cake topper! Can't wait to see it on the cake, so pretty! The moon isn't the nicest, but it doesn't look dreadful, so don't worry too much about removing it.

So exciting how close it is! :) woot!

Those handkerchiefs (is that spelt right?!) look lovely! Where did you get those? They are simple, yet meaningful.

I love your new cake topper! Can't wait to see it on the cake, so pretty! The moon isn't the nicest, but it doesn't look dreadful, so don't worry too much about removing it.

So exciting how close it is! :) woot!

The handkerchiefs came from an Etsy seller SweetSewingJeans the shop owner Tammy was absolutely amazing to work with. She customized colors and wording and put them into a custom order for me.

The moon on the topper is just superglued on so it should be easy to remove. I have some crafting supplies I'm hoping to dress it up with.

I've been trying to figure out what was going on with my free room from my block. I wanted to use it at the Polynesian for our last night... But when we signed our contract for the block they'd put us there on the wedding night. I was not about to move three times that weekend... So I've been calling and emailing my sales consultant trying to move it to the 29th for the last month. I never heard from her at all and talked to her assistant twice and was promised a call or email response but I never heard from them at all. Tuesday morning I called and spoke to her assistant and was instantly informed my free room was moved to Poly on the 29th as requested. Still not sure why they never told me but thrilled I get to stay at Poly!!!

I also had my bridal shower with Cole's family a week and a half ago. On Friday (the day before) I decided to make up one of my "Bride" shirts with the crystals transfers I bought on Etsy. It turned out great!!! I'll post pics later as I don't have any on my iPad. I also made up my Yoga shorts since I was using the pink transfers for those two items. Samantha got clearance from her OB to go with me so we drove the three hours to Cole's aunt's farm together - stopping first to get our nails done then for lunch! We had a nice time hanging out with all the aunts on his dad's side. We had some snacks and a lovely Mickey shaped chocolate cake. They even made me some bridal ears! We got some cash (my favorite present, lol) and a nice tray from Cole's mom to carry food downstairs when we want to eat in front of our big "TV" downstairs (actually a front projection screen) and a big slow cooker... Which I also got for Xmas so my sister instantly inherited a new slow cooker. Then we raced back to the city as my parents were moving across the country and they were supposed to drive into Calgary on Sunday... But apparently the prairies are very flat and the roads are very straight and my dad's Mercedes goes very fast so they were now going to get into Calgary Saturday night. They beat us back to the city by about an hour and got some dinner then met us at my sister's place. I got to hangout with them for a couple hours the next two days before I went to work then they left for Kelowna BC.

This past Saturday I got to have a very cool experience - I got to job shadow 911 and Fire/EMS and Police call-takers. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait until they open up their new applications around the end of June I will have my application in immediately. In fact I'm going to sit in on another shift next Saturday.

This Friday (tomorrow) is my first dress fitting!!! I'm so excited to get the process started! I promise to make Sam take lots of pictures. Immediately after my fitting Sam's driving me to the airport and I'm flying to Kelowna to help my parents get unpacked in their new place. I fly back Monday night around 11pm then I'm back to work Tuesday night... Work four days then I have my second "sit-along" as we like to call it with the call-takers. This is going to be one crazy month since Samantha is due on the 14th and our 30th birthday is on the 16th too. Just 77 days until the wedding and 71 days until we're in Walt Disney World!!!

My pictures are too big... I'll have to take more tomorrow to post here. Sorry!

Last edited:
So I had my first fitting today!!! Man I love my dress!!! image.jpg
Don't mind the prom queen in the mirror, lol!
image.jpg
It fits pretty well but we're adding cups in the front (I need all the help I can get!) and a bustleimage.jpg

image.jpg

Then after this I decided to get it tucked in a little at the back to follow my shape a little more
image.jpg

I can't wait for July when I'll finally get to see it with my navy corset lacing!

Well that's all the time I have today - I rushed straight from the Bridal Centre to the airport (via Starbucks for breakfast) to fly out to Kelowna and help my parents get settled into their brand new house.... And they're about to call for boarding!

Nothing major to report but the birthday present I bought myself a couple months ago arrived yesterday (well Tuesday but my yesterday)

I bought some hand painted Disney Toms but since I think Toms are hideous I had her make me Tom wedges which are 100% cuter (sorry to anyone who likes them... I'm a total heel diva) they turned out super cute - well Eric's head is a little wonky but I'm sure it's a placement issue.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I love all the little details Scuttle with the dinglehopper, our wedding date hidden discretely... So many things to look at! The girl who painted them has stopped doing Disney Toms (though she said she'd do another for me if I wanted more) but she has this cool set of dream catcher ones that I'd love to do on the white grosgrain Tom wedges... We'll see.

I let my planner and my coordinator with Swolphin know I have a firm guest count of 13 adults, one five year old and an infant for all our wedding events. Unfortunately except for an old family friend who's bringing his wife and the granddaughter they are raising everyone except immediate family declined - but I just keep seeing that as money we can put towards other things on our wedding trip! I mentioned that I'd bought a short dress for our ToT mix-in to my planner - well that's the excuse I'm using for myself anyway! - and she said I was a girl after her own heart "any excuse for a new dress or pair of heels" I think I found my new BFF lol! That's me to a T!

I literally don't think I have anything else to share right now. I'm just counting down the days to TinkLoverSam and my birthday (just 12 more days) and her due date (just 10 more days!) and trying to make my shoulder work properly. I have a wonky shoulder from a couple of previous dislocations and sleeping on it horribly and helping my parents unpack their new house on my days off has me in major pain! On Sunday Sam and I are probably going to make up my shirts for our families and take a pass at a timeline/newsletter deal to pass out at my 'rehearsal' dinner so that will be fun. Plus I'm going to try and finalize what I'm wearing under my short dress (smooth lines are a must under thin satin!!!) and if I'll need alterations on it.

I'll post pics of our adventures in crafting Sunday night

Nothing major to report but the birthday present I bought myself a couple months ago arrived yesterday (well Tuesday but my yesterday)

I bought some hand painted Disney Toms but since I think Toms are hideous I had her make me Tom wedges which are 100% cuter (sorry to anyone who likes them... I'm a total heel diva) they turned out super cute - well Eric's head is a little wonky but I'm sure it's a placement issue.View attachment 100767View attachment 100768View attachment 100769

I love all the little details Scuttle with the dinglehopper, our wedding date hidden discretely... So many things to look at! The girl who painted them has stopped doing Disney Toms (though she said she'd do another for me if I wanted more) but she has this cool set of dream catcher ones that I'd love to do on the white grosgrain Tom wedges... We'll see.

I let my planner and my coordinator with Swolphin know I have a firm guest count of 13 adults, one five year old and an infant for all our wedding events. Unfortunately except for an old family friend who's bringing his wife and the granddaughter they are raising everyone except immediate family declined - but I just keep seeing that as money we can put towards other things on our wedding trip! I mentioned that I'd bought a short dress for our ToT mix-in to my planner - well that's the excuse I'm using for myself anyway! - and she said I was a girl after her own heart "any excuse for a new dress or pair of heels" I think I found my new BFF lol! That's me to a T!

I literally don't think I have anything else to share right now. I'm just counting down the days to TinkLoverSam and my birthday (just 12 more days) and her due date (just 10 more days!) and trying to make my shoulder work properly. I have a wonky shoulder from a couple of previous dislocations and sleeping on it horribly and helping my parents unpack their new house on my days off has me in major pain! On Sunday Sam and I are probably going to make up my shirts for our families and take a pass at a timeline/newsletter deal to pass out at my 'rehearsal' dinner so that will be fun. Plus I'm going to try and finalize what I'm wearing under my short dress (smooth lines are a must under thin satin!!!) and if I'll need alterations on it.

I'll post pics of our adventures in crafting Sunday night

I'm not a fan of Toms either (though I am a fan of comfy shoes), but I love how your wedges turned out, they are fantastic!

I'm not a fan of Toms either (though I am a fan of comfy shoes), but I love how your wedges turned out, they are fantastic!

They're so low compared to my normal heels but very cute and comfortable. They'll be great for throwing on with shorts and skirts all summer!

So exciting you get to stay in the Poly on your free night! We just ate at Kona this past week and Kevin fell in love with the new lobby - I know there's a lot of naysayers but we both really love the new look. Enjoy some Trader Sams too!

I totally agree with you, I don't like regular Toms either (partly because I can't wear them). I love your wedges though, they look fantastic!

Ok, I have no clue how I keep missing everyone's journals. Following along now!

Your dress is beautiful & I like the "new" version of your cake topper. And to those many that declined, eat their pieces of cake! :P

It was my FP+ day today!!! Conveniently it's only at 10pm for me (the one time the time difference works for me!) I was only able to make reservations up until the 21st... I guess they only load two weeks ahead of the 60 days :confused3 on well. I was able to get exactly what I wanted for every day that I made plans. It would have been better if Cole's family had actually sent me their Must Do Lists but since they didn't I just picked all my favorites. If there's something I missed they'll either mention it or miss it I guess. Sam was over when we realized I was just 5 hours from being able to make FP+ selections so we made up my Touring Plans and she stayed over until it was time to make selections. In less than an hour we had plans for all my days and all the days we're spending together through the 21st (which is her last day anyway) I'm sure it's a frustrating experience if you can't get your selections but we had a blast!party::dancer:

Also on that note... Holy crap my trip is just 60 days away!!!
image.jpg

Your Tom wedges are amazing! If I ever get Toms I am going to do wedges too. You look great in you dress! So happy for you that you got the Poly. I love the Polynesian, my husband and I celebrated our 10th anniversary there and we loved every minute. So romantic.

Everything is getting so close!!! I added a couple tiny decor items for the ceremony (swag on chairs down the aisle for $100) it's my sister's due date today... Here's hoping she pops! Lol! It's also our mom's birthday today. Our birthday is in just two days too! Yesterday was two months to the wedding!

I got some final goodies for the totes for my mom and my sister (I really have to take pictures of everything and pack them up so I can share the pictures after the wedding) I'm going to be setting up a phone meeting with Regina in July to go over our shot list and reveal my surprise ToT mix-in to her (I was taunting my fiancé with that the other day) Sam and I made a first good pass at a timeline for the wedding to be handed out at our "rehearsal" dinner the night before the wedding (and we figured out how to make watermark type images on my Mac for the paper) I just need to buy some fancy paper to print them on. We still have to make t-shirt (wedding ones for me, family member ones for her to announce the new bébé) and make up cards to suggest wine pairings for the food at my DP. Maybe we'll work on them today while we wait for our parents to drive in from Kelowna to await the arrival of their first grandbaby...

I can't wait until I get to do the single digit dance but for now... We're under two months away!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::banana::banana::banana::bounce::bounce::bounce::jumping1::jumping1::jumping1::dancer::dancer::dancer:

So so close!! You're going to blink and it'll be August (and hey, two months and one day till our trip! Maybe we'll see you?)

So exciting you're almost an aunt!! Hope everything goes well with your sister and baby both.

So so close!! You're going to blink and it'll be August (and hey, two months and one day till our trip! Maybe we'll see you?)

So exciting you're almost an aunt!! Hope everything goes well with your sister and baby both.

I hope we see you! We'll have to compare plans...

And thank you for the good wishes I will pass them along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter