Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

Both those veils are stunning - the idea of a hidden Mickey veil is so cute! Can't wait to hear what you pick.

We loooooved the almond and amaretto crunch cake (can't comment on the red velvet) so I bet you will too! I already want to order it as an anniversary cake when we next go down.

So glad you got Patricia and I hope you can schedule your park shoots to your preference. Fingers crossed your classic car doesn't sell - having a getaway car that fits your theme would look so great!

You could change in the van if need be... I'd stick with both shoots on one day so you only have to get hair and makeup done twice.

Today has been... Interesting but I'm now booked for our Hollywood Studios shoot on Monday the 17th and our Magic Kingdom shoot on Tuesday the 18th (so that we get our first choice of Route #2) now I've booked Beaute Special for hair and makeup on Monday and I'm trying to decide if I'll book them again for Tuesday or try and save my hair and do my own makeup for MK. We shall see...

I forgot I also made a couple of purchases from Etsy. I picked up these hairpins image.jpg
For any pins needed for my updo and a fascinator for my short dress
image.jpg

I'm still thinking about getting a larger hair clip (one of the ones posted earlier) and the veil of course for my long dress.

I'm currently down in sunny Las Vegas but wanted to update everyone. I booked hair and makeup for the second day as well. I asked my fiancé what I should do and he told me to just book it.

I also got confirmation for our DP centerpieces from my planner last night. They look amazing!image.jpg
I hadn't even told our planner about our use of starfish to tie everything together and they still added them in to the centerpieces!

I love your centerpieces those are so amazing and go with your theme so well! and congrats for booking your hair and makeup!

Wow! Your DP centerpieces are amazing!! We have nautical touches in our wedding too, so I especially love the starfish pins you picked out. They look great! :)

Finally got our countersigned LOA back today with our AP vouchers. Also got another package in the mail which should be my hairpins! Very excited things are starting to roll now!

We got our invitations in the mail today! They look great! Especially for $62!image.jpgimage.jpg

We couldn't put WDW on the StDs so I didn't even try on the invites. All I have to do is address them and we're done! Okay not really but it kinda feels like it

Okay so so much has been planned that I haven't mentioned yet! We have a quote for our dessert party menu that came in under what I thought it would. We've confirmed bouquets and colours, we're picking wines for the DP hopefully we'll talk about our ceremony soon (more on that in a bit) I picked a veil though I haven't ordered it yet. I've ordered a cake topper that will work since I can't even find the ones I want for exorbitant prices let alone reasonable ones... I have so much to share! I'll post pictures of all this stuff soon! Plus our first 10 days of ADRs have been made (yay for amazing TAs who book all this stuff while I spend a great long weekend in Vegas with my family!) it's all coming together and we are still almost 6 months out. In fact six months from today I will wake up a married lady for the first time!

Now on the the less fun stuff where I need opinions please! My fiancé and I are pretty much at the opposite ends of the spectrum with a lot of things (I'm outspoken and have an opinion on everything, getting an opinion from him usually involves painfully pulling it out of him one word at a time. I'm zany and colorful and love picking out clothes and love my tattoos. He could care less about what he wears 99.9% of the time and will never ever get a tattoo) one place this is especially apparent is in how we were brought up with religion. I was baptized as a kid but haven't even set foot in a church since I was 15 or so and it had been at least 10 years since I'd been in one back then... His family is very very religious attends church every week and the eldest of his brothers is leaving almost immediately after our wedding for a mission in Ireland for a year. I didn't think this was a big deal to him as in the 3 years we've been together he's never been to church or expressed any real interest in it beyond saying grace with his family before meals (speaking of which I'd never actually met anyone who did that before my first meal with his family and I always feel so incredibly awkward sitting there while they say grace) when we started looking at officiants for the wedding all of a sudden he mentions wanting a very traditional catholic ceremony! If I was the one chosing the ceremony beyond the traditional vows there would be nothing religious or traditional about our ceremony at all! It's not that I dislike or don't respect the religion it's just that I've never been involved with it and it makes me feel uncomfortable to be in situations where I don't know what's going on. We're going to have to find a middle ground as it obviously means a lot to him but I don't know how to express to him how uncomfortable it makes me. Ack! I'm just not sure what we're going to do at this point. He was talking about homilies (sp?) and a bunch of other things I'd never even heard of being included in the ceremony. I litterally almost had a panic attack thinking about it that night. I can totally understand wanting some pieces of his religion in the ceremony but to do a whole catholic ceremony just freaks me out!

Anyone have any similar experiences or advice to share?

I'm not very familiar with traditional Catholic ceremonies, but my fiancé and I aren't very religious but our families are. So we're having similar difficulty with writing our ceremony. I figured we could try to compromise: we'll choose our own vows and write the majority of our own ceremony, but have a nice prayer at the beginning. Hopefully that's a nice middle ground.

Well this was an interesting weekend... I somehow put the wedding invitations in a "safe place". In my family "safe place" is code for I put them somewhere I thought was a good idea at the time but now for the life of me can't remember where that was... So that search is ongoing.

On the good news front we've secured about 90% of our ADRs for this trip. Here's the starting list:

Aug 7 - Only Cole and I will be there. Probably do a monorail crawl of munchies after our flight gets in just after 4pm.
Aug 8 – Flying Fish dinner ~7pm for 12 (11 adults 1 infant) This is an unofficial anniversary dinner for TinkLoverSam and her hubby as their 5 year anniversary is the next night.
Aug 9 – The Plaza Inn ~2pm (7 adults) lunch with Cole's family aka The Newbs
Aug 10 – ‘50s Prime Time café ~2pm (7 adults) same as above
Aug 10 – Trattoriaal Forno ~730pm (4 adults) Dinner with my parents
Aug 11 – Via Napoli ~2pm (7 adults) The Newbs again
Aug 12 – Tusker House ~10am (7 adults) Last in park meal for The Newbs
Aug 12 - Working with Big River Grill to do a welcome dinner (talked to them yesterday but the manager failed to email me the price list contract yesterday or today... It's $40/adult including an entree and dessert plus coffee/tea/pop)
Aug 13 – WEDDING DAY grabbing food around the boardwalk for lunch then ceremony, cake and then DP with food I'll get into later
Aug 14 – None (Universal Day)
Aug 15 – None (still at the dark side)
Aug 16 – Hoop Dee Doo Review 6:15 show for 7 (6 adults 1 infant) Another meal with Sam and my parents)
Aug 17 –Tutto Italia ~6pm (2A) (HS Shoots this morning)
Aug 18 –Be Our Guest Any time (2A) (MK Shoots this morning)
Aug 19 – Sci Fi Dine In 2pm (4A 1I) lunch with Sam and Wes and baby
Aug 20 – Yak and Yeti ~11 (2A) Jiko ~7pm (2A)
Aug 21 – Whispering Canyon Café ~7pm (2A) Doing Keys to the Kingdom hopefully first thing in the AM
Aug 22 – Kona ~10am (2A) Cinderella’s Royal Table ~9pm (2A)
Aug 23 – Crystal Palace ~8am (2A) Garden Grill ~7pm (2A) The only day I could figure out for a prepark open CP ADR after we had to give up ours on the 18th for the in Park Shoots
Aug 24 – Hollywood Brown Derby Dining with an Imaginear(2A) Kona ~7pm (2A)
Aug 25 – Les Chefs de France (lunch ~12 2A)
Aug 25 - Il Mulino ~7pm (2A)
Aug 26 – Sanaa Dining with an Animal Expert (2A)
Aug 26 - Narcoossee's (2A) ~9pm
Aug 27 – California Grill ~8pm (2A)
Aug 28 – Akershus ~1pm (2A) Rose & Crown ~7pm (2A)
Aug 29 – Citricos ~8pm (2A)
Aug 30 – Chef Mickey’s ~8-9am (2A) Departure Day flight at noon

So far we have absolutely everything booked up until the end of the 27th (except KttK) As my TA said to me during a recent email exchange "well.. You won't starve" lol! These are obviously all new to Cole as he's never been before but a lot of them are new to me too and I can't wait! Now I just have to find those invites...

Hey! I know I'm late, but congrats!!!
I started reading your PJ and loved your story...continued reading and fell in love with your shoes, so I just went on Shoes of Prey and designed a dozen pairs that I like! Lol.
Then came the dresses, love the AA one, but the shorter dress was stunning on you too, I can't believe it was so cheap!
Your centrepieces look amazing, I love how they tie in to everything.
I think it's great how you know what you want and are able to make these decisions...I just keep umming and ahhing over everything!
I also love fascinators!
And finally your colours are a perfect mix!

I cannot wait to see what else I love about your wedding, so far I want it to be mine! lol

Hey! I know I'm late, but congrats!!!
I started reading your PJ and loved your story...continued reading and fell in love with your shoes, so I just went on Shoes of Prey and designed a dozen pairs that I like! Lol.
Then came the dresses, love the AA one, but the shorter dress was stunning on you too, I can't believe it was so cheap!
Your centrepieces look amazing, I love how they tie in to everything.
I think it's great how you know what you want and are able to make these decisions...I just keep umming and ahhing over everything!
I also love fascinators!
And finally your colours are a perfect mix!

I cannot wait to see what else I love about your wedding, so far I want it to be mine! lol

Hey you're not late you're right one time!

I have new things! I just got my dinglehoppers in the mail and since there were some (very minor) delays that didn't bother me at all she included a special treat - grape soda pins!
image.jpg

My phone hates me so these are poorly lit photos from my iPad sorry!
image.jpg

I'll try and post my DP menu when I get up this afternoon

Dessert Party Menu

Desserts:
  • Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake
  • White and Dark Chocolate Fondue with the following items to dip:
    • Cake
    • Fresh Fruits and Berries
    • Marshmallows
    • Graham Crackers
    • Pretzels
  • Mini Boston Cream Pies
  • Florida Lemon Bars
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares (thanks LurkyLoo!)
Appetizers:
  • Antipasto Display
    • Cured Meats
    • Gourmet Cheeses
    • Marinated Vegetables
    • Fresh Baked Breads
  • Slider Bar
    • Beef Sliders with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions (Change cheese to cheddar)
    • Crab Cake Slider with Spicy Pineapple Salsa
    • Chorizo Sausage Slider with Sofrito-grilled Peppers and Onions with Monterrey Jack Cheese
Amazingly all this came out to just $70++/person. We're also doing the Lemon Citron Grey Goose Slush from France ($12.50/ BOC) and some wines I'm still finalizing. All in all I think we're going to be able to keep it to just about $2500 which is pretty darn good (I had originally budgeted up to about $3500-$4000 for it)

It all sounds so yummy between that and making all my ADRs I'm ALWAYS hungry!

Hi! Been reading along and just read about the whole catholic ceremony situation and i think you will be in luck. In order to have a catholic wedding you iusually have to go through meetings/"classes" with a priest, and a retreat. Also, i didnt think the preist would do it not in a church but i could be wrong. If you arent comfortable with it i would say say NO bc it is a lot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter