Allergy Food Pictures

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by SDSorority, Jun 14, 2012.

1. clanmcculloch

clanmcculloch DIS Veteran

Did you also read their practice regarding tossing the first 30lb? Obviously only you can decide if this is sufficient for you or still poses a risk.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SDSorority

SDSorority Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion

The Narcoosee's cheese plate with toast made from Ener-G bread looks awesome!!!!!!

4. SDSorority

Those with food allergies, don't forget to post pictures here when you get back from your trip!! :goodvibes

5. disfan07

disfan07 DIS Veteran

I have a peanut, tree nut, egg, and oat allergy (along with some other things...). I eat at babycakes all the time here in LA. My tree nut allergy is not as severe as my peanut allergy (that allergy is very severe) and I've never been concerned about eating there. I probably eat 5-6 things from there every month and have never had any problems. But obviously, its up to you and your comfort with it. But HTH!!

6. snorris49

snorris49 DIS Veteran

I love this thread! Count me in on posting some pictures soon for gluten free and dairy free meals. Loving pics already posted! :banana:

7. SDSorority

:thumbsup2

8. ZPT1022

ZPT1022 <font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr

OMG!!! How exciting! I hope that means that other resorts will follow suit and start having this stuff. It would seem easy enough for them to pull off and then it would in theory be available for desserts at the sit down restaurants of those resorts too! We're going in August and I hope to see these around

9. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Dairy free here! This thread was/is a great idea! Here's a pic of dairy free green apple sorbet at Tony's Town Square from 2010.

[​IMG]

10. clanmcculloch

OMG, green apple sorbet? Now I want to eat at Tony's. LOL I love green apple and DH just brought home some green apple hard cider for me to try (I haven't confirmed allergens yet so I haven't cracked open a bottle yet but he knows I like green apples). If I didn't already have a Mama Melrose ADR in August I'd book a Tony's ADR (I'll only book one italian style meal in a trip). I guess I'll have to book another trip to WDW (as if that was in question LOL).

11. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

It was pretty tasty even though the texture of the apple peel in it was a little weird. The thing about sorbets is that there is no guarantee that the kind you have one trip will be around the next trip. My absolute favorite was a pear sorbet at Chefs de France a couple years ago. It was the most amazing sorbet I've ever had. Of course, the same time the following year they didn't have it. What they had was good...but it wasn't THE PEAR. ;)

12. clanmcculloch

That makes a lot of sense. A chef at LeCellier was telling me that they always have some kind of sorbet but that the fruit varies from day to day. I guess that's true of all restaurants that make sorbets. It all depends on what fruit they have ripened nicest that day. Thanks!

13. nfceagles

nfceagles Mouseketeer

That apple sorbet does look good. Do you mind me asking what else you had dairy free at Tony's? I'm trying to plan out my ADRs for our January trip and I'm considering Tony's. Never heard wonderful things about it from the non-FA crowd and hardly ever hear anything about it from the FA crowd, but the menu I looked at looked surprisingly good. Plus, we stay at BLT so it's pretty convenient.

14. BebopBaloo

BebopBaloo DIS Veteran

Of course I don't mind! :goodvibes: I also had the N.Y. Strip Steak and the potatoes and maybe broccoli (can't really remember). The steak wasn't very good. It was pretty tough. Although, I've found that to be the case with most steaks that I've had through out WDW. All the flavor seems to disappear when you ask for one w/ no butter. That being said, the potatoes were fine and we had excellent service. We had driven straight through the night, checked into our resort, and spent the day at MK. We were exhausted by the time we got to dinner. The kindness of our waitress really stands out in my mind.

I think my other option aside form the steak was spaghetti w/ marinara, so that may have been a better choice.

Also, I want to state that I've had plenty of good beef based dishes at WDW that were dairy free...just not steaks. The braised beef short ribs at Chefs de France w/ les haricots verte (green beans) is my favorite dish in the whole world...and I mean literal world, not just the Disney version ;) If you get the chance to try it sometime, you have to ask for the green beans, as it normally comes w/ a buttery noodle. Although, they'll probably offer it when they find out that you are dairy free.

Anyways, hope that helps!

15. katieam1

katieam1 DIS Veteran

Great thread!! :goodvibes
    I myself have allergies and love seeing everyone's different pictures. :)

16. Random Ninja

Random Ninja DIS Veteran

These pictures are making me hungry.:goodvibes I need to remember to put up pictures after my next trip and find the ones I've already taken.

17. TinkLovinMomma

TinkLovinMomma Mouseketeer

I am severely allergic to gluten and I will be in the world at the end of this month (QS Dining Plan) and in December(Regular Dining Plan)! I promise to come back with lots of pics to share with you guys!!

18. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

Uuhhhh. . . Found this thread b/c I AM stalking Chef TJ ::yes::::yes::! I was using the search function to see where he was these days :lmao:. So, I thought I'd add on our own Chef TJ food pics. These are from 'Ohana in '09. They are gluten, egg, peanut, and tree nut free :thumbsup2:
    Appetizer (these are the old Enger-G rolls, so the new ones are no longer egg free :():
    [​IMG]
    Main Dish:
    [​IMG]
    And the dessert. I was shedding tears of joy by this point :sad::
    [​IMG]

Off to do some more Chef TJ stalking. . . ;) --Katie

19. DisneyMom5

DisneyMom5 DIS Veteran

DS just said "Hey, that's what I had!" We didn't take pics of the first two foods you listed. thanks for sharing.

PS - SO...is TJ STILL at Park Fare?

20. ekatiel

ekatiel DIS Veteran

I *think* he is. I bumped another thread I had started about him a couple of years ago before our last visit. I'm pretty sure this qualifies me as an official Chef TJ stalker :crazy2:. Maybe someone will reply to the other thread with their latest Chef TJ sighting :thumbsup2. --Katie

21. SDSorority

We need to put a tracking system on him.... :rotfl2: