Allegiant Air out of Sanford?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by mickeyluv, Oct 21, 2007.

1. mickeyluv

mickeyluv DIS Veteran

Feb 10, 2005
    We are flying into Sanford via Allegiant Air for our 1st Disney (or otherwise) cruise in Nov. Allegiant Air called last week and left a message on our answering machine that said our flight back has changed and that we would be flying back at 12 noon instead of 2:10pm. I know that when you fly you should get to the Airport about 2 hours ahead of time but being that the Sanford Airport is a lot smaller than MCO and some of the other bigger airports, I'm wondering what time we should get to the airport for out flight home if it departs at 12:00pm. We'll be at CSR because we're going to MVMCP and we are not going to want to leave until we absolutely have to, you know what I mean? So I'm hoping that you guys are going to tell me that if we get there by 11:00am for a 12:00pm departure time we'll be okay!:goodvibes
  2. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

Aug 3, 2004
    My gosh, this is a tough one for me. Having worked in the industry for years, and having had told THOUSANDS of people to arrive 2 hours (min) early for their flights, I am torn.

I have flown into Sanford, and tightly I might add. We had 11:30AM flights after cruising, and had NO problems making it twice...Anything can happen to delay you, so it is a tight situation..

I would do it however, but I am a gambling woman ;)
  3. Edd

Edd <a href="" targ

May 21, 2006
    You need to leave for Sanford 2 1/2 hours before your flight time. It is roughly an hours drive. Anything closer than that there is a high probability you won't make your flight.