All We Want Is To Spend Halloween With Mickey! w/MiniTR Oahu Makapu'u Lighthouse 9/13

We're booked for a family suite at ASMu, though I'm regretting that a bit now that the food court is going to be down. No place to move to that will sleep 5 on free dining in an affordable fashion.

We're booked for a family suite at ASMu, though I'm regretting that a bit now that the food court is going to be down. No place to move to that will sleep 5 on free dining in an affordable fashion.

Hope things work out okay for your trip even with the food court being closed - only meals we usually eat at the resort quick services are breakfast and sometimes we work around it by stocking up on some simple items in the room.

Here's what our day to day itinerary looks like now. Usually my plans and itinerary go through a lot of changes over the 3-4 months leading up to the trip but since our visit is so short and focused on MNSSHP I really don't see much room for changes. I'll go through the hour-to-hour plans for each day in future posts.

Wednesday, October 29th
Evening arrival at MCO, pick up our rental car, check in at CR around 9pm.
We'll tuck the kids in bed as soon as we get in since we have a long day planned for Thursday. I may venture out to explore the resort area with my camera and try to catch Wishes during that time. Maybe even a glass of wine ;)

Thursday, October 30th
We'll spend the morning at MK beginning at EMH rope drop. Here are some pictures from one of the MK rope drops last October. I know that the EMH opening show is abbreviated and not the same as the opening show on regular park opening days. So I'll just have to temper my expectations :)

Then we return back to the room after lunch around 12:30pm. On our way back to the room, we'll swing by Guest Services to upgrade our tickets to APs and buy a TiW card. The idea is to get the kids to take a nap. Whether they'll actually sleep is questionable. :lmao: We'll head back to MK at 3pm and stay there through our first of two MNSSHPs!

We'll see how long and late the kids last at the party.

Friday, October 31st
Everyone gets to sleep in. I have a Chef Mickey's breakfast ADR scheduled at 9:40am so plenty of time to be lazy and catch up on some rest. After breakfast/brunch, I'm planning on taking the kids for some pool time at the resort and send DW to a spa. I'll try to get the kids to take a nap afterwards. We head to MK in our costumes (yet to be determined) around 3pm. I know our party tickets won't let us in earlier than 4pm but since we'll have APs at this point, we'll have no problem entering earlier if needed. I'm hoping to schedule some FP+s between 3-5pm. I also have an earlier dinner ADR at Crystal Palace at 4:30pm. Then for the rest of the evening we'll be enjoying our second MNSSP. On Halloween!

Saturday, November 1st
We finally breakaway from MK to visit AK. Main goal will be to watch FotLK in the new theater but there's so much else we love about this park that we'll have no problems filling the hours through closing time at 5pm.

Then we hop over to AKL for a dinner at Jiko which we absolutely loved in January. Sprinkle in some resort touring time at AKL before heading back to our room at CR.

Or depending on how we feel, we may decide to pop in at MK for the MSEP before heading back to our room at CR.

Sunday, November 2nd
We check out of CR in the morning to begin our drive down to Port Charlotte to visit DW's aunt and uncle for a couple of nights. Before we effectively end the Disney portion of the trip we'll have breakfast with Alice, Mary, and the Mad Hatter at 1900 Park Fare.

So that's our general plan. With plans to upgrade our tickets to APs, we do have some flexibility for any impromptu park visits during our down times but I don't think that'll be happening as all of us will be pretty tired from the MNSSHP activities. But I love the idea of being able to just being able to hop in and out of MK if we're in the mood thanks to the APs and the walking distance from our rooms. :thumbsup2

The plans look great! I'd love to work in a quick trip like that. Doing 2 MNSSHP's will be a lot of fun and you should definitely be able to see and do everything you want to there. :thumbsup2

It's funny that we will only be missing you by 9 days and having a COMPLETELY different trip. All MVMCP and dancing lights for us! :rotfl: The good news is we are getting AP's too so maybe eventually, a trip will overlap! (Although, right now it isn't sounding like it! :rotfl: I think we will only be able to squeeze 2 trips out of our AP's and the next one may be in Sept or Oct 2015!)

It sure does feel like we've been waiting forever for 7DMT!! And we will be saying the exect same thing when Avatarland opens!! :rolleyes: It's both a curse and a blessing really that they tell us so far in advance. We get all excited and have reasons to come back (as if we need more) but then, it just takes an eternity.

Not to mention the big trips you have coming up in the PTR!! So much exciting stuff on your vacation horizons!!

The plans look great! I'd love to work in a quick trip like that. Doing 2 MNSSHP's will be a lot of fun and you should definitely be able to see and do everything you want to there. :thumbsup2

Knowing me, I would be totally stressed out about the crowds and trying to get everything done in a single party so I decided to go with two parties so that we all could enjoy a more relaxed pace. :goodvibes

It's funny that we will only be missing you by 9 days and having a COMPLETELY different trip. All MVMCP and dancing lights for us! :rotfl: The good news is we are getting AP's too so maybe eventually, a trip will overlap! (Although, right now it isn't sounding like it! :rotfl: I think we will only be able to squeeze 2 trips out of our AP's and the next one may be in Sept or Oct 2015!)

It sure does feel like we've been waiting forever for 7DMT!! And we will be saying the exect same thing when Avatarland opens!! :rolleyes: It's both a curse and a blessing really that they tell us so far in advance. We get all excited and have reasons to come back (as if we need more) but then, it just takes an eternity.

Not to mention the big trips you have coming up in the PTR!! So much exciting stuff on your vacation horizons!!

Sorry to hear that we're going to miss each other! We haven't been to Disney for Christmas. Maybe one day.

I'm getting so psyched about our upcoming big summer trip. Can't wait to share the stories and pictures once we get back. :thumbsup2

Where was your viewing spot?

Our spot was found super last minute because Main Street was absolutely packed! We were standing in the street when you come up and make a left at the hub, right across from that popcorn stand on the corner. We didn't have the best view because we were where the floats make the turn from the hub before they go down Main Street.

Really awesome plans for the weekend. Lots of activity, but enough downtime for such a short trip.

Our spot was found super last minute because Main Street was absolutely packed! We were standing in the street when you come up and make a left at the hub, right across from that popcorn stand on the corner. We didn't have the best view because we were where the floats make the turn from the hub before they go down Main Street.

Really awesome plans for the weekend. Lots of activity, but enough downtime for such a short trip.

I may have to give us enough time to secure a decent viewing spot before the parade starts when we return to the park after our afternoon break. :goodvibes

Yeah, since our focus is primarily to enjoy MNSSHP I felt a lot less pressure to fit in some of the other park activities and take things more leisurely. :thumbsup2

Subbed in and signed up Dave for your next fantastic TR! I've been away from the DISboards for about a month while we took our trip to WDW and then I had to get caught up at work but I'm looking forward to another great TR from you with all the beautiful pics! Don't spare the info on the how-to and what-is on the pics...I've learned a lot from you! Thanks!!

Subbed in and signed up Dave for your next fantastic TR! I've been away from the DISboards for about a month while we took our trip to WDW and then I had to get caught up at work but I'm looking forward to another great TR from you with all the beautiful pics! Don't spare the info on the how-to and what-is on the pics...I've learned a lot from you! Thanks!!

Hope you had a great trip! Transitioning back to the real world after a WDW trip is always hard. I'm hopping over to your TR right now.

I'll try to post some more photography tips throughout this PTR and the next TR. :thumbsup2

A couple of updates......

Wednesday was the 60 day mark on our countdown to our visit to DCA and Cars Land! To commemorate, I made a World of Color Dining Package reservation for dinner at Carthay Circle Restaurant. DLR dining reservations open only 60 days in advance by the way. It's the little differences. ;) Anyway, that made the trip feel much more real. Oh, and I'm equally excited about our Oahu visit that will precede our Southern California visit which is now only 50 days away. It's just that I feel DCA/Cars Land deserves its own countdown. :lmao:

On Tuesday, DW was working late so I picked up the kids after work, treated them to dinner at Red Robin (trust me, they consider it a big treat ;) ), then drove to Arlington to see the Marine Corps Sunset Parade at the Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial). It was our first time seeing the parade which is conducted on Tuesday evenings during the summer months. It features the Drum and Bugle Corps and the Silent Drill Platoon. It reminded me a lot of the opening credit scene in "A Few Good Men." It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it if you're in town visiting during the summer. It's also one of those experiences that may be lesser known among DC tourists so not as crowded as you would expect. I've posted the rest of the photos on my website if you're interested.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Red Robin!! Your kids are lucky!!!

What a dream trip...DL and Hawaii?!?!? Can't wait to see pics from Hawaii!

Red Robin!! Your kids are lucky!!!

What a dream trip...DL and Hawaii?!?!? Can't wait to see pics from Hawaii!

I'm kind of sucker for their onion rings at Red Robin ;)

I'll be taking lots and lots and lots of pictures! :goodvibes I'm also thinking about doing a "Lost" tour that takes guests to locations used by the television show.

Ahhh, your plans look great!! Lots of things on that list that would be on mine as well. Will you please ask Elsa to send me my own flurry? Thanks :thumbsup2

I cannot even imagine what your pictures from Hawaii are going to look like! Can't wait to read all about that trip! Your DC pics always make me miss that area. I definitely did not take advantage of the offerings when I was there.

I've never really been a big Halloween person, but if anything could convert me it's Disney.

Red Robin. Yum.
:laughing:

I definitely think DCA deserves its own countdown!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip on the Marine Sunset Parade. I've never heard of it, but will definitely have to keep that in mind if I get back out that way for a summer Tuesday evening! I just love seeing the military ceremonies like that.

Ahhh, your plans look great!! Lots of things on that list that would be on mine as well. Will you please ask Elsa to send me my own flurry? Thanks :thumbsup2

I cannot even imagine what your pictures from Hawaii are going to look like! Can't wait to read all about that trip! Your DC pics always make me miss that area. I definitely did not take advantage of the offerings when I was there.

I've never really been a big Halloween person, but if anything could convert me it's Disney.

Red Robin. Yum.
:laughing:

If we end up scoring FP+s for Anna and Elsa, I'll totally ask her. I really hope we can get them. :thumbsup2

The thing about our Oahu trip is that I have no idea how my photos are going to turn out which is both exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time. :lmao:

I definitely think DCA deserves its own countdown!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the tip on the Marine Sunset Parade. I've never heard of it, but will definitely have to keep that in mind if I get back out that way for a summer Tuesday evening! I just love seeing the military ceremonies like that.

I highly recommend the Sunset Parade. It sort of has that off-the-beaten path feel to it especially since it's not in DC but rather in Arlington.

How exciting to spend Halloween at MK's party! I got to take my DD to the Halloween party in 2011 and hubby was so jealous that we have got a one night plan for October this year so he can attend as well. I have a pre-trip report for it because for me that s part of the fun no matter how long the trip is.

Off to check out your photography blog. I'll be back for more.

How exciting to spend Halloween at MK's party! I got to take my DD to the Halloween party in 2011 and hubby was so jealous that we have got a one night plan for October this year so he can attend as well. I have a pre-trip report for it because for me that s part of the fun no matter how long the trip is.

Off to check out your photography blog. I'll be back for more.

MNSSHP is so worth it, isn't it? Even if it means spending just one day at MK. :thumbsup2

Thanks for checking in on my photography blog! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter