"All things Jodi and then some ..." aka Trial Watchers' Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submitting my application to join the group!

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peeked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

Looking forward to the SCOTUS rulings.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??

Qualifications:
Actively participated in the Casey Anthony thread thanks to all the great work Mare did. Where the heck is she?

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peaked in regularly.

Watching the Zimmerman trial, but the thread specific to the trial is going to get closed again.

I have not had a new deck built, but if there are any hotties out there willing to build something for me, I would gladly watch, take pictures, and report back to the group.

Am I in??

:rotfl2:

You're most definitely in!! :thumbsup2

:lmao:

Just joining up.

TP

Hello!

Just added this to the first post:

croakerqueen has started posting the trial's court testimony at YouTube:
George Zimmerman Trial - Day 1 - Part 1 (Opening Statements)

I'm not going to add to this everyday, once you get that link you should see all the subsequent postings at the right.

Thanks!

Qualifications:

Am I in??

If you survived the Casey Anthony trial, you are now considered an expert! Welcome!

Qualifications:

Am I in??

Absolutely! welcome :dance3:

I didn't watch all the testimony - just bits and pieces because I was working and helping with my new (three week old!) grandson. (He is a true Disney baby: my son and his wife met while working in the Canadian pavilion on the International program, then they were married last September and baby Dexter arrived on June 2nd.)

I didn't understand why the 911 operator said he didn't think Zimmerman sounded angry. I think he did, especially the swearing parts. He has a kind of "flat" sounding voice, but I would say there was anger there.

TP

Qualifications:

Didn't participate in the Jodi thread, but peeked in regularly.

Am I in??

:welcome:

C is doing well. We are battling some reflux issues but I've adjusted my diet and she seems more content. She is an amazing little girl!

I didn't watch all the testimony - just bits and pieces because I was working and helping with my new (three week old!) grandson. (He is a true Disney baby: my son and his wife met while working in the Canadian pavilion on the International program, then they were married last September and baby Dexter arrived on June 2nd.)

I didn't understand why the 911 operator said he didn't think Zimmerman sounded angry. I think he did, especially the swearing parts. He has a kind of "flat" sounding voice, but I would say there was anger there.

TP

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. :yay:

I agree Zimmerman does have a flat sounding voice. I figure the 911 operator (law enforcement) didn't want to have it appear they made any preconceived judgments about Zimmerman before arresting him, kwim? I'm not sure I'd say Zimmerman sounded angry as much as he sounded like he had made his mind up that Martin was guilty of something and not just acting suspiciously.

C is doing well. We are battling some reflux issues but I've adjusted my diet and she seems more content. She is an amazing little girl!

Oh no, tell her she has plenty of time to have acid reflux later in life. Glad to hear both of you are doing better. :hug:

Congratulations on your new grandbaby. :yay:

I agree Zimmerman does have a flat sounding voice. I figure the 911 operator (law enforcement) didn't want to have it appear they made any preconceived judgments about Zimmerman before arresting him, kwim? I'm not sure I'd say Zimmerman sounded angry as much as he sounded like he had made his mind up that Martin was guilty of something and not just acting suspiciously.

Yes, Dexter is a sweetie. Just love him!

You could be right about why they said he didn't sound angry. What I heard was not rage/fury kind of anger, but an angry resentment that this kid was in HIS neighbourhood and clearly up to no good. And darn it, he wasn't going to let him get away with it! That kind of anger.

TP

Yes, Dexter is a sweetie. Just love him!

You could be right about why they said he didn't sound angry. What I heard was not rage/fury kind of anger, but an angry resentment that this kid was in HIS neighbourhood and clearly up to no good. And darn it, he wasn't going to let him get away with it! That kind of anger.

TP

Oh, most definitely!!! :thumbsup2

And I love that name Dexter. :teeth:

I'd like to join!

My credentials:

I've been interested in real-life crime and murder mysteries. My first addiction began when I read the book "Blind Faith" which was the true story of the death of a Toms River, New Jersey wife/mother. I read this book right after I moved to the same neighborhood in Toms River where the family (victim, perp, and their sons) lived!! Totally freaked me out to be reading a story that included landmarks, restaurants, etc that I had been to.

Then I read about poor Martha Moxley in "Murder in Greenwich" incidently, shortly after moving from NJ to MA.

More recently: DH and I usually watch "48 Hours Mysteries" on Saturday nights.

I don't know WHY I find these stories so interesting because I hate to watch any kind of fiction that includes violence. :confused3

I think I find interesting the clues and evidence that the police and FBI use to track down the entire stories around the murders. The DNA evidence; phone calls traced; store receipts; being caught on surveillance video, etc.

I watched almost all of the Casey Anthony trial, and I read along here with you guys. I don't remember whether I posted back then or not.

But I've been reading during the Jodi Arias trial, and now the George Zimmerman, so I might as well fess up and join the crowd.

Do I qualify? :surfweb:

Oh, we need qualifications...

I am very interested in true crime. My family kind of worries about it. I tell them I am following all these cases so I can learn how to commit the perfect crime. These are the people who got caught - I just have to figure out what they did wrong and not do that!

Seriously, I am interested in two things: one is the psychology of the person who commits the crime - why they do it and what goes in a person's mind that makes them think this is a reasonable thing to do? The second is the puzzle-solving aspect - finding the clues and figuring out what they mean.

I followed Casey Anthony (and read here but didn't contribute much) and was really distressed when she got off. Also followed Jodi Arias and read here. I am in Ontario, Canada, and we've had some cases here recently that I followed - one was the abduction and murder of a little eight-year-old girl named Tori. There were some locations in that case very close to my home. (Both of the people involved were convicted.) Also following the case of Tim Bosma, who was selling his truck, took two men out on a test drive, and was murdered. Two people have been arrested but there are lots of mysteries - including two other possibly related deaths.

Will that allow me to stay on the list?

TP

I'd like to join!

My credentials:

I've been interested in real-life crime and murder mysteries. My first addiction began when I read the book "Blind Faith" which was the true story of the death of a Toms River, New Jersey wife/mother. I read this book right after I moved to the same neighborhood in Toms River where the family (victim, perp, and their sons) lived!! Totally freaked me out to be reading a story that included landmarks, restaurants, etc that I had been to.

Then I read about poor Martha Moxley in "Murder in Greenwich" incidently, shortly after moving from NJ to MA.

More recently: DH and I usually watch "48 Hours Mysteries" on Saturday nights.

I don't know WHY I find these stories so interesting because I hate to watch any kind of fiction that includes violence. :confused3

I think I find interesting the clues and evidence that the police and FBI use to track down the entire stories around the murders. The DNA evidence; phone calls traced; store receipts; being caught on surveillance video, etc.

I watched almost all of the Casey Anthony trial, and I read along here with you guys. I don't remember whether I posted back then or not.

But I've been reading during the Jodi Arias trial, and now the George Zimmerman, so I might as well fess up and join the crowd.

Do I qualify? :surfweb:

Oh, we need qualifications...

I am very interested in true crime. My family kind of worries about it. I tell them I am following all these cases so I can learn how to commit the perfect crime. These are the people who got caught - I just have to figure out what they did wrong and not do that!

Seriously, I am interested in two things: one is the psychology of the person who commits the crime - why they do it and what goes in a person's mind that makes them think this is a reasonable thing to do? The second is the puzzle-solving aspect - finding the clues and figuring out what they mean.

I followed Casey Anthony (and read here but didn't contribute much) and was really distressed when she got off. Also followed Jodi Arias and read here. I am in Ontario, Canada, and we've had some cases here recently that I followed - one was the abduction and murder of a little eight-year-old girl named Tori. There were some locations in that case very close to my home. (Both of the people involved were convicted.) Also following the case of Tim Bosma, who was selling his truck, took two men out on a test drive, and was murdered. Two people have been arrested but there are lots of mysteries - including two other possibly related deaths.

Will that allow me to stay on the list?

TP

I'm starting to wonder if I qualify? :lmao:

Welcome SeaSpray, glad to see y'all jump in here with us. :goodvibes

Welcome everyone ! You all qualify...:rotfl2: If you survived CA, then you can survive anything. I think this case is only get better as everday passes by.

T Pitman congrats on a new grandbaby!!!

I qualify! :cool1:

I have every single book ever written about the OJ trial. Every one. They take up one entire shelf of my book case and I won't lend them out. :scared: Not that anyone asks. LOL

I've also read all the transcripts and depos posted online at http://walraven.org/simpson/ :rolleyes1 Best time to be home on maternity leave ;) Hubby teases me I'm on my 15th year of maternity leave. :rotfl2:

Hi Seaspray! Welcome!

Well since we are talking credentials...Here is my resume:

1994 - Did a High School report on the JFK Assassination, and couldn't stop reading or researching about it. I now know all there is to know about it and then some by heart.

1994 - Was mezmerised by the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, researched all I could.

1995 - Watched the OJ Simpson trial. At times, skipping classes to go to a friends house to watch.

1997 - began to research other true crime's, specifically the Menendez Brothers.

1999 - Watched the Columbine Massacre unfold on TV while I was in college. Did a report on it for a communications class the following year.

early 2000's -read a book pertaining to the Martha Moxley murder.

In the process of the above, I have also read books or articles pertaining to the following:

Susan Smith
Karla Homolka
Mary Bell (This case scared the heck out of me)
Lizzie Borden
Ted Bundy
and
Dennis Rader

Wow...Looking back now, it sort of seems like I have a thing for the macabre...Really I'm just interested in the ins and outs of the cases. Not so much how they killed, but how they were caught. The details of the forensics and investigations can be quite interesting...

Hopefully after reading my resume, you will allow me entry into this secret society, and not call the cops on me because you think I'm a freak now. :rotfl:

Just posting an update:

Dirty Little Secret replays again at 11:02 CST tonight on Lifetime.

And if y'all haven't seen the new show Devious Maids, it's funny as heck, surprised it's on Lifetime. And that show replays at 1:02AM CST tonight.

If GZ had his head bashed on the side walk, wouldn't there be blood from his head on the sidewalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter