All things GREECE and TURKEY port excursions

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by nzdisneymom, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Yensidfan

Yensidfan Mouseketeer

subscribing

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bellelinus

bellelinus <font color=deeppink>You have liberally applied fl

4. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Ah yes - I saw that the other day - he has several other posts from other ports as well. We are planning to do Mykonos on our own, so it was nice to see a bit more of where we'll be. I do want to see the windmills.

5. ejw

ejw Mouseketeer

Hi canadakath, thanks for the explanation.

We're actually going to be in Ottawa a couple of weeks from now for winterlude. Looking forward to skating on the canal and eating poutine and beaver tails. Keeping our fingers crossed that it stays cold enough.

ellen

6. MoonDaughter23

MoonDaughter23 Mouseketeer

Just subscribed. :) What an awesome thread! And having debsters41's inside scoop is invaluable.

7. tufbuf

tufbuf Disney Addict!

We did a half day tour of Corinth last summer. We did the ABD Greece tour and went to Corinth on our own before the actual tour started. Greece is loaded with ruins! Corinth is a small area and they have a small museum with interesting clay pots from thousands of years ago plus huge marble statues. You might pass by the Corinth Canal which is a narrow passage connecting the Saronic Gulf and Gulf of Corinth which was started by Nero. It was completed in the late 1800s though.

I think a trip to Corinth is more doable than Cape Sounion which is farther south. Traffic can delay your return to the ship. Piraeus is about an hour's drive to Athens, with traffic and Corinth is not far from Piraeus.

8. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

For those that have already booked Athens and Ephesus excursions, could you post the times for them? We are booking on Friday night and I'm impatient ;)

9. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

We will be doing the Acropolis and Archaeological Museum tour in Athens, and the Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus tour for Ephesus. We'll be sure to post reviews when we return.