All Things Cinnamon......

Curiously Cinnamon :) I know Tesco sell it - I think it's Nestle. DD loves it but I only occasionally buy it because she has it for breakfast on weekends only (I don't think there is any goodness in there whatsoever :rotfl:) but it is really really yummy :)

I think I picked up little snack bags of this Or something similar before my holiday that I haven't ate yet. Need to find them tomorrow!

Lidl also had some bags of crisp bakes that were cinnamon and brown sugar a little while back. I know we had lots of bags of them before we went away and I just sort of forgot about them and haven't looked since we got back.

These sound yummy, where they in the biscuits and cakes aisle?

You can get a Cinnamon bun at Tesco (in store bakery), also M&S have just brought out a packet of 4 that looks like you can put them in the oven (haven't tried).

I like to stew apple and add Cinnamon to it - it's really nice warm for breakfast.

Stewed apple, that's a good idea especially for the winter mornings!

Do you use cooking apples or regular apples?

Carte D'Or - Caramel Cinnamon Waffle ice-cream :love:

It's the best flavour ever! :goodvibes

That sounds good for an indulgent treat! Might get some in for Christmas

I've just ordered the Yankee Cinnamon candle from Amazon does that count :rotfl2:

Think I'd end up eating the candle!!

Andrea :o) x

The Marks and Spencer Christmas range has thin Cinnamon biscuits for £2.00 a packet or 3 for 2 and little bags of Cinnamon iced stars for £3.00 or 3 for2.

I haven't tried the stars yet but the thin biscuits are yummy.

Also i seen a girl in work eating a cinnamon star biscuit from Asda but mine doesnot have them in stock yet despite two trips. Hopefully soon!

I really need to find cinnamon bread though, I'm having major cravings!

Stewed apple, that's a good idea especially for the winter mornings!

Do you use cooking apples or regular apples

Andrea :o) x[/QUOTE]

Usually the ones off my parent's trees - so they are a mixture of eating and cooking - the trees are really old and now they don't really use them too much. So it's good to stew some and you can always freeze some as well or use in an Eve's pudding :)

I can definitely confirm there are no cinnamon rolls in the whole world as good as the ones Joh makes!

Ah, bless you, you say the nicest things :hug: Extra cinnamon rolls for you next time ;)

Mmmmmmmm cinnamon rolls, can I come and visit??

It's quite a long way from Liverpool to Calne but you'd be more than welcome :rotfl:

I did see Snickerdoodle cookies in Disney World and Walmart but I didn't try them because I thought they were something to do with Snickers bars and I didn't realise they were cinnamon grrrrrrr!

Exactly - I was the same.

How big is your house Joh? A DIS cinnamon roll party sounds good.:rotfl2:

Well, it's not a mansion Wayne but it's getting bigger every time another one of the kids moves out :rotfl2: Just got to get rid of one more and we'll have the room for that cinnamon roll party ;)

Well, it's not a mansion Wayne but it's getting bigger every time another one of the kids moves out :rotfl2: Just got to get rid of one more and we'll have the room for that cinnamon roll party ;)

I think I just came up with a great idea for a Children in need event there:rotfl2:

Tesco has a cinnamon cake which a friend brought into work yesturday and eating it took me right back to Disney and i was discussing it with another friend who had also been to disney and said the same thing. Its funny how certain tastes and smells can take you right back some where.

Tesco has a cinnamon cake which a friend brought into work yesturday and eating it took me right back to Disney and i was discussing it with another friend who had also been to disney and said the same thing. Its funny how certain tastes and smells can take you right back some where.

I want, l want, I want!

Do you know if it was an instore bakery product or just in the usual branded cakes aisle?

I'm going to have to go hunting for this :o)

I am really not sure but they all looked like the christmas range of cakes as some were mince pie flavoured etc.

Is there any chance we can have your cinnamon roll recipe wilma-bride? I'd love to give it a try :)

It's not my recipe exactly and I'm more than happy to share.

For the dough, I use the recipe for dinner rolls here

And I also use ther cinnamon roll filling and glaze recipe here

Like I said, I bake half straight away and put the other half, covered with cling film in the fridge (they will rise in the fridge overnight), then take out 30 minutes before baking the next morning.

Good luck, let us know how they turn out :)

i was addicted to cinnamon graham crackers when i was little!!
but they're terribly fattening, so i haven't had any in years...

ETA: Also, Snickerdoodles are lovely - they are like soft, chewy biscuits with a cinnamon sugar coating. I always thought they would be peanutty (because of the 'Snicker' part, I suppose) but they are just yummy. They are also very easy to make and freeze beautifully. I usually freeze them before baking, once they've been rolled into balls, then put a few on a baking tray from the freezer and bake for a bit longer than the recipe states, then you have fresh biscuits right out of the oven (and the house smells awesome).

Joh - would you also be so kind to share your Snickerdoodle recipe? I'd love to have a go at making these :) Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter