"All The Single Riders" .... **COMPLETED** 10th Feb 2012

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board' started by Linda67, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Linda67

Linda67 Has a Masters in Margaritas

Hi everyone :goodvibes

I’ve just returned from a great couple of days at DLP staying at The Disneyland Hotel

I travelled solo on this trip and for those of you that had the misfortune of reading my last DLP trip report :laughing: you will probably remember that I did the same trip back in February 2011

I hadn’t really intended to visit again this year as I’m off to WDW with DH in May but a 50% discount offer dropped into my inbox on a particularly boring afternoon at work and I just couldn’t resist :surfweb:

For those that haven’t witnessed my ramblings previously here I am, complete with ridiculous head-gear

[​IMG]

This trip was my fifth visit to DLP and my second without DH who loves WDW but isn’t quite so keen on DLP

So I hope you can join me in the single rider line for a quick visit to Le Mouse

Oh and I will sign off for now with something to make you smile on a Monday

[​IMG]

Links To Updates

[post=43822377]Travel & Day One (Part One)[/post]
    [post=43831468]Day One - Checking In At DLH[/post]
    [post=43843810]Day One - Disneyland Park[/post]
    [post=43885398]Day One - Evening & Disney Village[/post]
    [post=43893712]Day Two - Early Morning Part One[/post]
    [post=43893735]Day Two - Early Morning Part Two[/post]
    [post=43902389]Day Two - Walt Disney Studios[/post]
    [post=43909818]Day Two - DLP Guided Tour[/post]
    [post=43918377]Day Two - Studios Guided Tour[/post]
    [post=43945017]Day Two - Fantasia Cafe Bar, New York City Bar and EOS[/post]
    [post=43976063]Day Three - Disneyland Park Part One[/post]
    [post=43986952]Day Three - Disneyland Park Part Two[/post]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. megarasweet

megarasweet Mouseketeer

I love the title of this TR so very much :rotfl:

And for the record, furry head gear and cute DLP refreshments? Count me in!

4. Isila

Isila There is a big beautiful tomorrow

all settled and waiting for TR. Sounds like fun :surfweb:

5. Linda67

Travel & Day One

So I was up at stupid o’clock and a bleary eyed (that’s “bleary eyed” not “teary eyed” :laughing:) DH drove me to the station

No surprise that the early morning train to Paddington was packed but it’s only a 20 minute journey so it wasn’t too painful

A couple of stops on the tube and I was at St Pancras in no time at all and as is typical for me, I was far too early so I hopped over to King’s Cross to see if I could catch a train to Hogwarts

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My next port of call was Le Pain Quotidien for a spot of breakfast and a caffeine fix

[​IMG]

Ahh boiled egg and soldiers – takes me back to my youth (a very long time ago!!)

Once I had settled my bill I went for a wander around the station and a look around the shops before heading to check in

Check in was quick and easy but I still had about an hour to kill before the Eurostar was due to leave so I did the sensible and healthy thing by ordering yet another coffee and just so I had some company I was joined by the rather wonderfully named “Ginger Giovanni”

[​IMG]

Giovanni’s conversational skills were lacking so I bit his head off (a bit like early mornings with DH some days :lmao:)

It wasn’t long before I was boarding the train and tucked into a good book and in what seemed like no time at all the train arrived at Marne La Valley

As I was staying at the Disneyland Hotel it was only a short walk from the train and I was standing at the reception desk with Chip ‘n’ Dale fooling around behind me in the lobby soon after

Next Up – Room 1010

6. Linda67

:welcome: Thanks for joining in, this TR will certainly not be as eventful as yours but I hope you enjoy it

:welcome: It was a really fun trip, thanks for reading along

7. Carrie_Cat

Carrie_Cat I'm a Rive Gauche person Moderator

I just startled my OH by laughing (ok screeching) so loud at that :rotfl2: One of the funniest things I read in ages

I'm going to love this TR I can sense it :thumbsup2

8. tinks_1989

tinks_1989 <font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon

Don't stop more please xxx

9. Jeffs76

Jeffs76 Rapunzels Mum

wonderful! and where do you get the mickey cookies from??? I NEED one

10. Isila

more more more more more more more more :cheer2:

I'm loving this TR :cheer2:

11. MaleDisneyBeliever

MaleDisneyBeliever Mouseketeer

Yep! I'm strapped in for the ride.... mostly because I have an unhealthy obsession Beyonce and I sing the title of this report every time I see it! lol

12. Linda67

:welcome: Please tell your OH I am sorry I helped to starle him :laughing:

:welcome: Thanks for joining in, I will try my best to get another update done today

:welcome: Glad to have you reading along, the Mickey Cookies were from the Boardwalk Candy Palace on Main Street and they were divine :cloud9:

:goodvibes hopefully I will be able to do an update in my lunch break :surfweb:

:cheer2: "If you liked it you should have put a ring on it .... oh oh oh, oh oh oh"
    Now try getting that out of you head :laughing:

13. elibax

elibax Earning My Ears

A holiday on your own????? Sounds bliss!!! Can't wait to read the rest-I'm heading next tuesday, moving to DLH on wednesday:cool1: so very interested in hearing about hotel!!

14. Linda67

:welcome: there is certainly something to be said about a solo trip once in a while, you can be totally selfish :laughing:
    Some photos of DLH coming right up

15. Linda67

Day One - Checking In At DLH

Right two choices for my lunch break today

1) Walk down a rainy and cold Kensington High Street and hand over £5 for a soggy sandwich :rolleyes:

OR

2)Post another (not very) gripping instalment of my trip report :surfweb:

Unfortunately for you option number 2 won as I have forgotten my umbrella and have found a tin of soup in my desk drawers :laughing:

So where was I, ah yes, checking in at the Disneyland Hotel

[​IMG]

Disneyland Hotel

I was greeted by a wonderful Cast Member who was super friendly and chatty; it’s always nice to be welcomed so nicely at the end of your journey

He handed me my room key and 6 fast passes, I think I was only supposed to get 3 but I wasn’t complaining.

It turns out that in three days in the parks I only used one; it was so quiet at both parks that there really wasn’t any point in using them

I hadn’t made any advance requests for a specific room location but was delighted that I was so close to the reception, especially as I was travelling alone

My room was on the ground floor which is a first for me, I wondered if I might hear footsteps above me all night but it turned out to be a really quiet room

Here are some pictures for you:

[​IMG]

Room 1010

[​IMG]

Window View

[​IMG]

Patio View - this must be wonderful in the summer :cloud9:

[​IMG]

Bed – Taken later that evening (note the chocolates on the bed :thumbsup2)

[​IMG]

TV & Minibar (in case you really have to get peanuts at 3am)

[​IMG]

Bathroom- yeah this is getting dull now isn't it :rolleyes:

I pretty much dropped my bag off, popped my passport in the safe and headed straight to DLP as it was closing at 6pm and I wanted to get as much park time as possible

Coming Up Next – Disneyland Park Here I Come

16. Isila

nice :lovestruc beautiful wonderful DLH:love:

17. PrincessCharlie

PrincessCharlie Mouseketeer

I'm in. What a stunning room!! Having a bed that size to myself sounds like heaven. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

18. tinks_1989

tinks_1989 <font color=teal>need a <b>like</b> button<br><fon

Where is the rest? X

19. Laura678

Laura678 Mouseketeer

Oh the bed looks wonderfully comfortable!

Looking forward to reading more!!

20. Linda67

It is a wonderful hotel; I'd only ever stay there if there was a really good discount available though :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining in; I'll try and get another post up today

Sorry, work get's in the way of DIS time :laughing:; I will try to get another post up today

I certainly slept well :cloud9:

21. Linda67

Day One – Disneyland Park

So after dropping my bag in my room I took the very short walk into DLP

I think it must have been a little before 3pm when I walked through the gates so I didn’t expect to get much done as the park was closing at 6pm

[​IMG]

It turns out that the park was very quiet so I decided to start my day over in Frontierland with a visit to Phantom Manor to kick things off

[​IMG]

Phantom Manor

There was a 10 minute wait posted for Big Thunder Mountain but it took less than 5 minutes before I was holding on to my hat and glasses for the wildest ride in the wilderness

[​IMG]

Big Thunder Mountain

I then took a stroll over for a practice run for my Caribbean Cruise in May :cool1:

[​IMG]

I was beginning to feel a little peckish so I hopped over to Fantasyland popped in here for a snack

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brioche Pretzel & Hot Chocolate

Both were yummy and just what I needed for a quick energy boost :hyper:

Even in Fantasyland everything was walk on so I had time to ride Peter Pan and Dumbo before heading over to find a spot for the 5pm Parade

[​IMG]

On the way to Main Street I saw a cart selling crepes so decided to pick one up

[​IMG]

Sugar Crepe

It was actually pretty yuk, cold chewy and with one big blob of congealed sugar in the centre, I took one or two bites before throwing it into a bin :sad2:

I loved the look of these Popcorn Buckets that they were selling

[​IMG]

Popcorn Bucket

I got a great spot for the Parade which I really enjoyed :cloud9:

When the Parade had passed by I headed over to Discoveryland for a spin on Space Mountain and even had time to squeeze in a flight to Endor :darth:

[​IMG]

By the time I had finished up at Star Tours it was past 6pm so the park was officially closed but all of the shops along Main Street were still open so I took a slow stroll back to the front of the park whilst indulging in a spot of retail therapy :thumbsup2

The shops were deserted but nobody was rushing me along and I ended up walking out of the park and back to the Disneyland Hotel at a little before 7pm so don’t ever think you have to hurry out of the park when you hear the announcement that the Park is closing

Goodnight DLP – See You Tomorrow

[​IMG]

Coming Up Next – Fantasia Café & Disney Village