All star suite or por

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by wdwmom3, Dec 26, 2012.

1. wdwmom3

wdwmom3 Mouseketeer

Can't decide on where to stay for out April trip. There are 5 of us (2 adults 3 kids). I'm trying to chose between a family suite at all star music or an alligator bayou room at por. I haven't stayed at either. Any opinions?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I've stayed at both, and both are good options. Before I can tell you what I think you should do, I have a couple of questions for you: Are you hang out by the pool people? Do you spend much time in the room?

If the pool is a big deal, POR would be the way to go. Much nicer pool area than the one at the Music resort. However if you spend a fair amount of down time hanging out in your room an All Star Suite will give you much more space. And then you would also get a second bathroom, if that matters to you.

4. twinboysmom

twinboysmom DIS Veteran

How old are your children? We loved the family suite at music. 2 bathrooms was great and the extra room and kitchenette was fantastic. POR is nice as well but one of the beds is a small Murphy bed that is fairly high off the ground (lots of people like it but I am not comfortable with it).

5. wdwmom3

wdwmom3 Mouseketeer

My kids are 11. 9 and just under 3.