All Star Sports - Touchdown (Football) section - Noisy?

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
ASSp is my top choice right now - I've been reading a lot of previous posts about this resort, and how the Touchdown section is a great area to be in: Close to Food Court/Buses, close to Surfs Up pool, etc.. but it's still a "standard" priced room.

I'm a little worried about the "football field" in the middle of this section, though, as it seems like it is a great area to play in, and some have complained of the playing/noise.

Myself and my kids sleep like the dead, but my DH is a super light sleeper that wakes easily -- I'm wondering:

1. Does the "back" side of the Touchdown area (which is apparently quieter) have theming like the front of it (with the football helmets, etc?) Do you think my boys would be a bit let-down if we weren't facing the football field? -- What does this back section look like? Does it overlook gardens? Parking lot? (feel free to post a pic!)

Thanks -- My kids prefer this section, I just want to make sure it will work for us. I know it is reasonable to expect noise, I just don't want to be in a super high-traffic area.

We stayed in the football section building 10 ground floor right out the end door of the food court on the "front" side in January(standard rates steps from main hall but by smoking area) and we were not disturbed by noise on the football field. I don't recall seeing the helmets on the backside as they are stairwell coverings I believe.? Building 10 is a great location for the $!

I think the backside led to the parking lot. Check the resort maps on allears.net. That may help you "see" the location of the buildings better. We really enjoyed the Sports. Have a great trip!

We've had 2 stays in the Touchdown section and had zero issues with noise.:thumbsup2

I stayed on the ground floor facing the football field last August and I didn't notice any issues with noise. Kids would play there in the afternoons but it was quiet at the usual times people would be asleep.

The only time you have to worry about this section, in my experience, is when groups of kids invade the resorts. Events such as Pop Warner or cheerleading events (or any other type of event that has kids mass in droves) are the times to worry about noise. But a simple call to the front desk will usually get things settled down rather quickly as they will call security to put a stop to anyone being noisy during quiet hours (after 10pm).

Awesome! :thumbsup2

Sometimes I read too many reviews on Trip Advisor ::yes::

It seems like such a great place -- especially as how the rooms have been recently refurbished. Thanks so much for the replies!

I stay at Sports all of the time and love the Resort,BUT,IMHO,I could not in good conscience recommend the Resort to families either during duirng Pop Warner Week,Cheerleading/Dance Weeks or South American Tour Group Seasons.:)

Personally,I have no problems staying at Sports with these groups,but there numbers are so HUGE that the Resort doesn't "feel" the same way as it does when the Groups are not there.:)

Not trying to be "Debbie Downer",just my 2 cents from someone who has stayed at Sports 17 times.:)

145.jpg

I stay at Sports all of the time and love the Resort,BUT,IMHO,I could not in good conscience recommend the Resort to families either during duirng Pop Warner Week,Cheerleading/Dance Weeks or South American Tour Group Seasons.:)

I can appreciate what you are saying - There is a big difference between the noise made by happy kids in the pool, and a group of youth with no volume control :) Is there an easy way to figure out when these groups would be there? We plan to be there the week before labour day.

We were there mid-August in 2009 (so not pop warner, cheerleading, or tour groups season). We had rooms right near the main bldg. near the end of the touchdown section, facing the football field.
There was some sort of sports groups there...softball/baseball, volleyball?
Most of the time they were fine, but two nights were bad.
One night there were teenage boys out there screaming and running around on the field.
The other, I kid you not, there was a MARCHING BAND, marching around on the field. We were like... :confused3:scared1::eek:
It wasn't very late at night, and we survived, but it WAS very noisy.
That said, for location at a standard price, it was awesome. We had a very short walk to the food court. It was literally next door.

I have mixed feelings about recommending the resort. I guess I wouldn't tell someone NOT too stay there.

I think I came away with a negative vibe about Sports, but part of it was because we had to change our trip, and couldn't get Pop, which was our fav, and because there was two days of monsoon type rain, and because I was hugely pregnant.
Your mileage may vary. ;)

ASSp is my top choice right now - I've been reading a lot of previous posts about this resort, and how the Touchdown section is a great area to be in: Close to Food Court/Buses, close to Surfs Up pool, etc.. but it's still a "standard" priced room.

I'm a little worried about the "football field" in the middle of this section, though, as it seems like it is a great area to play in, and some have complained of the playing/noise.

Myself and my kids sleep like the dead, but my DH is a super light sleeper that wakes easily -- I'm wondering:

1. Does the "back" side of the Touchdown area (which is apparently quieter) have theming like the front of it (with the football helmets, etc?) Do you think my boys would be a bit let-down if we weren't facing the football field? -- What does this back section look like? Does it overlook gardens? Parking lot? (feel free to post a pic!)

Thanks -- My kids prefer this section, I just want to make sure it will work for us. I know it is reasonable to expect noise, I just don't want to be in a super high-traffic area.

We stayed at Sports in February with cheerleaders and this was our experience...
We were in building 7 - Football. We had a "garden view". We were on the arm of the building that branches out from the football field towards the back of the resort. The view was of lots of trees and there was a little roundabout road that was used to bring supplies for Mousekeeping I think. With the cheerleaders there, I think that facing onto the football field would have been terrible. However, our room was fine. Even when they were practicing full force, we couldn't hear them once we closed the door to our room. It did change the overall atmosphere of the resort having them all there, but we didn't have any problems with them. They were all well behaved.

We were in the back of Building 10 when we went in December. There isn't as much theming in the back, but it was quiet. Whenever we would walk to the food court, I didn't notice much people on the football field. Then again, we were there during record cold, so maybe that's why.

We stayed at ASSp in Jan 2006. My DD needed a quiet location, first floor close to the main building so that's what we requested. We were on the backside of building 7 just past the "T." The good was it was mostly quiet and although technically facing a parking lot we couldn't really see it. They had a nice garden area. It was a quick walk to the pool, food court and buses. On the way there was the playground. The only bad thing was you could hear people coming in late and waiting for elevators, as well as the elevator "dings" or whatever noises they make, so if that would bother you I'd request further down. There was no helmet staircase on that side. During the week, there was a cheer leading competition. They practiced pretty early in the morning on the football field side, so it would have woken us up. Hope that helps.

Is there an easy way to figure out when these groups would be there? We plan to be there the week before labour day.

To my knowledge,you should be in great shape.:)

Pop Warner Week is early December,"most" Cheerleading/Dance competitions are January-March and South American Tour Group Seasons are "mainly" July and January for the most part.:)

The week before Labor Day "may" have some form of "small" tournament/competiton at WWoS,but I am not aware of anything HUGE that would be happening that week.:)

The only time you have to worry about this section, in my experience, is when groups of kids invade the resorts. Events such as Pop Warner or cheerleading events (or any other type of event that has kids mass in droves) are the times to worry about noise. But a simple call to the front desk will usually get things settled down rather quickly as they will call security to put a stop to anyone being noisy during quiet hours (after 10pm).

When the cheerleaders are there, they will use the football field to practice very early in the morning. This would be a time to NOT stay in this section.

Personally, I like the Home Run Hotel (baseball) section. It is a little further out than Touchdown, but right by a pool. I also like baseball better than football, though.

ETA: like PP said, cheer comp. are usually in winter, when we saw them it was Feb.

Thanks so much all of you for your super helpful replies. I think I will go ahead and request this section -- Top floor though. I don't really care if we are facing the front (fun) or back (quiet).

Hopefully we will get our request! Thanks again!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

We were there in late February for the Princess Half Marathon and stayed in the Home Run section facing the pool right next to the football section.

This is a pretty busy area. We were on the second floor but I only noticed noises one night and they weren't loud enough to really bother me, I could just hear kids playing. However, I didn't see large groups of sports teams etc., only a group from a leadership conference that seemed pretty sedate. :)

I wake up pretty early and like to take a walk around the resort before most people are awake and I did notice a sandwich board sign in the middle of the football section courtyard saying when quiet hours are. It was only out that one day. Maybe people had been loud out there and there had been complaints? Not sure.

In any case, I was pleasantly surprised with Sports and would definitely stay there again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter