All Star Sports....recently

bella01

Mouseketeer
ok. My husband has a softball tournament May 5th- 7th. We can only get rooms for the teams at the all star sports. I have not been to this hotel is probably over 5 years. Last time I was there it was in major need of a rehab....and the crowds were just out of control. Has anyone stayed recently and how was it???? Please be honset!

I stayed there this past week (3/26 - 3/29).

My kids and I just loved it! We were in the baseball section because my son chose it. It was further from the food court, buses, front desk, etc. than some of the other sections. If you want to be close, stay in the football buildings.

Our room was clean, the grounds were beautiful (they were even painting the football field Xs and Os while we were there), and the staff was all very friendly and helpful. The food at the food court was surprisingly good.

I'm a simple person and I don't need fancy hotels, so this hotel was just wonderful for us.

bella01 said:
ok. My husband has a softball tournament May 5th- 7th. We can only get rooms for the teams at the all star sports. I have not been to this hotel is probably over 5 years. Last time I was there it was in major need of a rehab....and the crowds were just out of control. Has anyone stayed recently and how was it???? Please be honset!

Just wanted to remind you the bus service is wonderful.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

Also that when you stay

at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools.That means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

The All Star Movie Fantasia pool has Mickey.

The Calypso pool at ASMU has Donald Duck.

And the Surfs up pool at All Star Sports has giant surf boards.

Here are a few pool photos.

astar3.jpg

All Star Sports pool.

asm_pool2.jpg

All Star Music Donald pool.

asmv20.jpg

All Star Movies Mickey Pool.

asmv30.jpg

All Star Movies kiddie pool.

Have fun at Disney!

Thanks for the great replies. My son and I are going to be hitting the water parks!! I am so excited. I was a little worried about the condition of the hotel. Like I said last time it was in pretty bad shape. Needed some major rehab. Thanks!! You guys are great!!

bella01 said:
Thanks for the great replies. My son and I are going to be hitting the water parks!! I am so excited. I was a little worried about the condition of the hotel. Like I said last time it was in pretty bad shape. Needed some major rehab. Thanks!! You guys are great!!

My pleasure.

For more info about the All Star Resorts Please visit my thread.

It is a FAQ about the New Family suites at All Star Music but it has lots of general information about the All Stars too.
Feel free to post a comment.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409

Thanks!

The bus service is sort of shared.

In the mornings and evenings, ASSp had its own bus every time. Generally the buses are filled to capacity, including people standing in the aisles (this will be the case at any resort though).

On two occasions we hopped a bus midday and it was shared, but the bus was almost empty both times and ASSp is the first stop for both pickups and dropoffs.

Badllamamama said:
Is the bus service shared at AS?

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.
In the morning during park opening times each All Star usually has it's own designated bus,
During mid day it is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
(Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

Have fun at Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter