All Star Music vs Pop

mkwj

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for ASMu, but I am thinking of changing to Pop. Is one nicer than the other? I haven't stayed in a value so I besides the icons is their much difference that would make one better than the other.

We have stayed at both and liked both hotels. POP has it's own bus service, whereas ASMu will sometimes share with the other AS resorts. POP also has a bigger food court, thus more food selections. I would propably choose POP if staying at a value resort again. Mainly because I think the bus service is a little better. Have a wonderful time. :)

These are my two favorite value resorts and I have stayed at both of them four times each.

I have found the bus service to be equal, Pop does have its own busses but its a much larger resort on its own than any of the All Stars.

I prefer the food a bit at Pop's food court but hate the way the gift shop is connected to it, it makes it that much more crowded in my opinion.

Pop now has more recently redone rooms with flat screen tv's and all Pop rooms have the privacy curtains. Only rooms in the preferred buildings at Music (Calypso section) and one section of standard (Jazz Inn) have those curtains. Pop also has the lake which I think is nice and its more centrally located.

Music has daily games by the pool and nightly movies. I also enjoy having Sports and Movies right next door, its sort of like having three resorts in one to enjoy.

I don't think you can make a bad choice, I would tend to lean towards Pop right now since its so recently rennovated however, Music has always been great for us.

I do think Music has the prettiest grounds, I enjoy the little fountain area. One thing to be aware of, Music is laid out differently than Pop. Whereas the Pop is laid out with the buidings sort of situated in circle, Music buildings are lined up one right after the other. Country Fair is the back section and a further walk to the food court than any section at Pop is.

We've stayed at both and I prefer Pop. I like the food court and the pools better.

Another vote for Pop. I like the atmosphere, food court, oldies music in the background, bus service, & location close to EPCOT.

I'm going opposite and prefer Music. I found PoP to be more crowded and more hustle & bustle.

As for the rooms and service, they were both good.

I just like the smaller layout of Music. In our two week stay there, we only shared a bus w/ the other all-stars twice.

It is also nice to know that if you just missed your Music bus & don't want to wait, you can hop on Sports or Movies, and walk to Music. They are all connected by paths or parking lot.

I would go with the Music. It is the only Value resort that shows movies at night by the pool. I found the food court to be very good, and I like that the resort is way smaller than the Pop. In my 3 stays at the Music we had our own bus way more often than we shared with the other All Stars.

And to put the whole bus sharing thing into perspective: The All Star resorts are right next door to each other. In fact, you can walk from one to another in under 5 minutes! How long a bus ride can that possibly be?:rotfl2: It is so not a big deal!

We loved ASMu! We'd stay there again if it weren't for my goal of staying at all the WDW resorts at least once. It was laid out well, not very large and not a far walk from bus stop or food from even the farthest buildings. The food in the food court was good and except for the desserts (carrot cake and choc cake) worth paying for. They had lots of activities, games, dances, contests going on at the pool area and movies every night. That was nice. When the weather turned bad one evening they brought the games indoors to the back of the food court. Bus service was great and yes we shared with the other resorts, but only a couple problems. A couple of times it filled up the family boarding just before us which was frustrating (we were THAT close!) but they dispatched another promptly and we had a very very short wait for a new bus to get boarded. That was nice too. Our room was quiet and in a great location building 3 upstairs on a corner. Great view of the piano pool too from our balconey/walkway. Check in and check out was fast, efficient, and simple and we had great service. Very close to AK and that was the fastest transfer point we found for changing buses and locations. McDonald's is about quarter mile away and there is a sidewalk there from the resorts so you can walk it. We loved All Star Music and I would not hesitate to stay there again!

We have reservations for ASMu, but I am thinking of changing to Pop. Is one nicer than the other? I haven't stayed in a value so I besides the icons is their much difference that would make one better than the other.

We have stayed at All Star Sports and Pop. We prefer POP and have stayed there every time since we tried it. The direct transportation is a HUGE benefit. Not having to stop for other hotels is a great feature- it saves time when you are wanting to get somewhere and when you are exhausted at night coming back.

We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter