All-Star Music or Coronado Springs?

jsebsirois

DIS Veteran
Hey there,

We are planning our soon to come next trip to Disney World in March and we are wondering about our resort options.

We have always stayed at value resorts (All Star Music or Movies) and we really like it. Now, we would like to try a moderate and we're thinking about Coronado Springs. I stayed one night there on my very first trip to Disney because all values were sold out.

The question is : should we spend money on our resort or should we keep it to do more activity during our stay?

What do you think?

I say go for the Moderate if you always stay in Values :)

We stayed one night at ASSP before moving to CSR.

The difference for us was night and day.

As a family of 4, we just could not get comfortable in the value size room.

We felt right at home with the size of the room/beds and resort itself.

We were tripping over people at the value but hardly ever saw a soul when coming and going to our car (we drive to the parks).

My family was the opposite of the previous posters. We tried CBR last trip after years of value. My kids begged the entire time to move back! They like the over-the-top themeing, shorter distance to pools, and fewer bus stops of the values. We will not be staying in a mod again. That said, try it once! At least you will know. :-)

Two of my favorite resorts. If you can swing the cost, go for CSR. It's a great resort and you'll find it a big step up from a Value resort.

Thanks for sharing your opinions guys!

Still thinking about what to do...

Another question : what are the options for the Quick Service Dining Plan at CSR?

We really like CSR! We have stayed there and at POR and would choose CSR hands down in the future. The staff were friendlier and more accomodating and the resort didn't feel as busy (especially the restaurants). We just had a more relaxing, comfortable vacation at CSR.

I LOVE split staying. You get the best of both worlds. (If you have a FD/package pin, or have to have DP both parts it doesn't work.)

If you are going 7 nights.

Stay the 1st 3 in a value with the DP or DDP (you can act use the DP check out day until midnight too.)
Then the last 4 in the mod without it you will only be without DP really 2 days. as your 1st you will have it and last is check out.

Less than 5 I would pick one of the other more than 5, I would split and get the feel of it.

The biggest issue I have with values are
1) no hot tub some how i need this for at least part of my trip
2) coffee pots.. I HATE having to get up and go to the QS place prior to coffe.. But I am an early riser, and could be up an hour before the QS place.

Other than those I LOVE values. and have a # of times split with my DVC.

GOOOD LUCK! :cheer2:

We have always stayed at value's like ASMovies and POP but after staying at CSR last August on our Honeymoon we will never stay at another Value. We loved having the extra space, bigger bed, and it wasn't very noisy compared to the values. Plus we loved not having to walk a mile to get to the bus stops at the parks. Was a big change for us.

jsebsirois said:
Thanks for sharing your opinions guys!

Still thinking about what to do...

Another question : what are the options for the Quick Service Dining Plan at CSR?

PepperMarket, Cafe Rix, Siesta's and the Laguna Bar are the cs locations.

Check out menus at: www.allearsnet.com

Loved having that many choices for cs!

Here is how I would look at the situation:

How do you spend your time while in the World? Do you drop your bags in your room and hit the parks, or do you spend time at the resort - pool, naps, etc?

I have stayed at Pop and ASMusic for my last two trips. I was a drop and run person with those trips (4 days each). I did not spend time at the pool and only used the CS for a quick breakfast on my way to the bus stop. My room both times was a top floor away from the pool area, so noise was never a factor. I didn't mind the short walk to the bus stop either (I walk all the time at home).

My upcoming trip, I am staying at CSR and can't wait. :goofy: I am spending 10 days and plan on using the pool, hot tub and the spa while there. I also like the layout of the resort as a more relaxed feel. This is going to be a relaxing stay! :beach:

We have the same decision to make. We are finally taking our first family vacation to Disney in Dec 2013. Our debate is do we go to a moderate or value. As of right now we have picked the POFQ for four nights. We are hoping that free dining comes along and gives us a discount on our package price of $2600. I am going to wait until the last minute to make the decision and if free dining does not come along then we will downgrade to a value resort. Here's to needing some fairy dust. . . .

I have stayed at Pop, AS Sports, and CSR! I'd recommend CSR just because of more dining options. I really enjoyed that resort.

However, as other posters have mentioned, if you are going to be in the parks non stop then I would just go with AS.

I'm sure whatever you choose will be great! (this coming from a serial last minute resort switcher).

This is my First day on this site I am so excited I am going in Dec and I have not been since 1993!!! Looking to find all the new and exciting attractions and see if they have some of the old ones like the tiki birds show and little mermaid show?

jsebsirois said:
Hey there,

We are planning our soon to come next trip to Disney World in March and we are wondering about our resort options.

We have always stayed at value resorts (All Star Music or Movies) and we really like it. Now, we would like to try a moderate and we're thinking about Coronado Springs. I stayed one night there on my very first trip to Disney because all values were sold out.

The question is : should we spend money on our resort or should we keep it to do more activity during our stay?

What do you think?

We love both resorts a lot. But CSR is sooo beautiful and luxurious! The queen size beds, amenties of a deluxe (24 hour fitness center, spa available), really fun pool, gorgeous theming...I would say if you can afford it, try it for one trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter