all star music family suites?

a*lil*bit*goofy

I miss the tag fairy
a) is the 'master bedroom' a double or a queen bed?
b) are the two bedrooms separated with a door or is one around the corner from the other?

Thank you!

The family suite has a large size double ( it could have been a queen.) It is a separate room with a desk, tv. chair and a door. It is very, very private. The second room is the living room which has a sofa that opens to a queen. A chair and ottoman that both open to another bed, TV and bureau storage unit. There are two bathrooms that have a small dressing area and sink outside each bathroom. There is also a privacy curtain to pull close at each dressing area. The kitchenette has sink, good size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker , drain board, and is supplied each day with paper products and plastic silverware, cups etc. There is plenty of shelf space for groceries. We were four adults and one six year old and we loved it. Have nothing bad to say about it. Great hotel, great pool and large decent food court with something for everyone.

I am heading over in a couple hours and will be staying here. When we get back this weekend I'll post some pics of the room :).

thanks both of you!

i know my s/o wants a queen bed (moderate or higher) which is great, i love Coronado springs. but....also thinking that the 2 bedroom(calypso) may be a good option too.

Looking forward to pics!

Hi there! Here is an information thread all about them for you.....complete with room layout and pics!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1072409&highlight=allstar+music+suites

My family stayed there two years ago and LOVED it. The kids loved the pullouts....thought they were really cool and liked that they each got their own bed instead of having to share. The bed in the main bedroom is a queen, so bonus for the adults. The little kitchen is really handy as we like to have breaky in our room before heading out (saves time and $) and they supply you with cups, plates, bowls, cutlery, and coffee/tea....another bonus! And who can complain about the extra bathroom....especially if you have little ones?

All the suites area also in the preferred buildings so you are guaranteed a good location.

ASMu is our favourite value, based on atmoshere, games and movies by the pool, good foodcourt, good bus system and great CMs, so a stay there is a very good choice IMO.

Have fun:goodvibes

wow thank you!!!

So you liked the bus system? Was is shared with other all star properties? Will I 'miss' the moderate, meaning what will I not have by staying at All stars?

Part of me realllllly wants to go to wilderness lodge, but knowing my sig. other, and my kids, we may be best with a 2 bedroom place.

wow thank you!!!

So you liked the bus system? Was is shared with other all star properties? Will I 'miss' the moderate, meaning what will I not have by staying at All stars?

Part of me realllllly wants to go to wilderness lodge, but knowing my sig. other, and my kids, we may be best with a 2 bedroom place.

Hello there. To me there is definitely a difference between the values and the mods, but it is all in what you are looking for really. I find the mods more "relaxing" and the values to be more upbeat and fun. So if you want the party to continue after leaving the parks.....values are awesome. But, if you are looking for a break from the hustle and bustle, and more options of things to do(watercraft rentals, ect.)mods would be the way to go.

As far as values vs mod, the only things I really missed were the nice shady areas at the main pool at the mods, fridge in the room and the more laid back atmosphere. I actually prefer the foodcourts at the values, much more selection, which makes up for the lack of table service IMO.

We have stayed at ASMu twice, and found the bus system to be great. We stayed a week each time and during each stay, maybe shared a bus two or three times. Not a big deal at all. Besides, the Allstars are right next to each other, so even if it does stop at each one, you will maybe add 2-4min to the bus ride total.

I really liked having separate space to allow my kiddos to go to sleep earlier than my dh and I. I'll take well rested kids over overtired whiny kids anyday:thumbsup2

Good luck with your decision:goodvibes

you are right...and well rested mom and step dad too! lol I called and was able to get rack rate pricing for February. the family suite is about $400/$450 more than 1 bedroom at POFQ. thats souvenier money.... and it's also more expensive by about $300-$350 than getting two rooms at ASMu. (but double beds only so not really an option)

So now I am down to POFQ for $400 or so less, 1 bedroom but more money in our pocket and potentially more opportunity for discounts if/when they are released.

Financially the POFQ is the answer. But....the two rooms is a good idea..........

you are right...and well rested mom and step dad too! lol I called and was able to get rack rate pricing for February. the family suite is about $400/$450 more than 1 bedroom at POFQ. thats souvenier money.... and it's also more expensive by about $300-$350 than getting two rooms at ASMu. (but double beds only so not really an option)

So now I am down to POFQ for $400 or so less, 1 bedroom but more money in our pocket and potentially more opportunity for discounts if/when they are released.

Financially the POFQ is the answer. But....the two rooms is a good idea..........
Glad you received so many good responses. I know the extra $$ is nice but so are the two bathrooms and space to move around. We have done two rooms at POP with connecting rooms and just left the door opened to give it an air of space. But, my vote is still the family suite. We have never did a moderate. We just bounce back between value suites and delux. the moderates never worked for a family of five or six. Good luck whatever you choose you will have a great time!

If you add in the extras you get with a Family Suite that Disney usually charges for at the Value resorts (preferred location and fridge) the cost is almost identical to what you would pay for 2 rooms with those extras. The bonus with the Family Suite (besides space) is the kitchenette. We used ours for breakfast every day but one, and that was a huge money saver. And a nice time saver too.:thumbsup2

I know saving the $400 is tempting. It would be to me too! You need to ask yourself this question, and be totally honest with the answer: Will we all be happy vacationing and sleeping in one room, or will we be grumpy and wish we had more space? If you think you would all do just fine in one room, go with one room at POFQ. If you think you would really miss the space, and be grumpy at the lack of privacy, and fighting over who watches what on tv, then go with the Family Suite. $400 is a small price to pay if it makes your vacation a happy one.

I wish there was a way to know historically if the suites qualified for the same types of discounts.

*~sigh~*

the reality is that we are park open to late at night people, and the kids (last time it was just me and them) passed out immediately when we got back to the room.

the 2nd bathroom for the morning would be a bonus however.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. LOL

i think it will come down to whether there are discounts released for that time, and comparing the discounted rate for POFQ vs the rate for ASMu suites, then deciding there/then

(the kitchenette is not a factor for us, we won't use it. comes down to two rooms two bathrooms )

My family (me, DH, our DS 19 months, my Mom, and my DH's adult sister) will be staying at the Family Suites in 9 days! We chose the FS because of the two room thing. Also, we have APs and were able to use the AP discount for the FS! I'm not entirely sure how it worked, but I just went to the AP site and it showed that the discount for our dates was valid on the FS, even though the "fine print" said that it wasn't valid on suites, it was. And it saved us about $285. So, even though not ALL discounts apply to the FS, some of them do (even if it says they don't, so it doesn't hurt to try it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter