All Star Music Family Suites

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by tlinus, Mar 27, 2006.

1. tlinus

tlinus <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

Just wondreing if anyone has seen this new room? I got a pretty decent package quote, but am wondering if it is big enough for our family of 5 (me, dh, dd(11), dd(7) and ds(4 - 5 on our trip in October).

Thanks in advance for the information!!

:thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You should have plenty of room.the suites are the size of 2 regular rooms
    giving you 520square feet;
    Heres a little info:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have fun at Disney!

4. crjack

crjack DIS Veteran

Hi,

I'm also interested but I have a dumb question based on the room layout shown.....is there just a queen bed and a sleep sofa? How do you sleep 5? It looks like 2 full baths, which is great, but is there more than one bedroom? Thanks for your help.

5. minnie61650

minnie61650 <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ DIS Lifetime Sponsor

The chair and the ottoman also make up into 2 twin beds.

here is the room discrption:

New Family Suites at Disney's All-Star Music Resort
    192 "family suite" units will soon open at Disney's All-Star Music Resort.

52 suites will be available in the Jazz building beginning June 4, 2006 and another 140 will open in the Calypso and Jazz buildings by this fall.

These 520 square foot suites sleep up to 6 (plus one child under 3 in a crib).

They include all new furniture, two full baths and a kitchenette with microwave, 4.3 cubic feet cube refrigerator, sink, coffee pot and limited cabinet space.

The main bedroom in the new family suites has a queen bed and 27" flat screen TV.

The second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman, plus a second 27" flat screen TV.

The units are all non-smoking and have high-speed Internet access (daily fee).

"Rack rates" (full price) for the family suites are $169 value season, $209 regular, $239 peak, $259 holiday.

6. GurGie

GurGie Mouseketeer

7. tlinus

tlinus <font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=teal>

This looks good for us. I got a good rate and I think for the first time in forever we will be satying ON SITE!! Thank you Disney for making a bigger room!! :Pinkbounc

8. mommyoeo

mommyoeo Mouseketeer

Are there any discount on these rooms yet? Anyone know if there ever WILL be any, like AAA or something?

9. minnie61650

Some more photos.
    I found these on the DIS resorts website.
    Enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. vellamint

vellamint DIS Veteran

AWESOME PICTURES!!!!

Is that a queen bed or a double?

11. minnie61650

It is a QUEEN! :goodvibes

12. Nik's Mom

Nik's Mom Karl Pilkington is a genius

Oh this changes everything. When I first heard about the suites, I wanted to stay. But after looking at pictures of the hotel grounds, I thought the kids wouldn't be too into it. So we were thinking 2 connecting rooms somewhere else. But now that I've seen those great pictures of the Music Suites, I want to do it! DH is 6'3", so a double bed just would not do at all. A queen would be nice. I am a little worried that we might be disappointed, since we have always done deluxe and stayed moderate one time. But the suite seems so comfy and gives private space for me and DH. Oh, this is hard. Has AAA offered discounts on these rooms? Also, I thought someone said AS Music was the last hotel for the bus pick-ups to the parks. Will we get stuck watching packed buses passing us up?

13. DebIreland

DebIreland ಠvಠ

Nik's Mom,
    I had heard that All Star Movies is the last one to be picked up which makes sense because All Star Music is the middle resort so that should be the second one so I think it's AS sport followed by AS music followed by AS movies.

14. minnie61650

All Star Music is in the middle. Which makes it very easy to walk over to Movies and enjoy the icons and Mickey pool.
    When staying at the All Stars you can use any of the All Star pools. that means 3 main pools ,3 quiet pools and 3 kiddie pools to chose from.

Bus rides are quite short from the ALL Stars according to PassPorter.com

All Star Buses-CBR buses---POPbuses--PO buses--- Contemporary
    MK 20 min---- 20 min-----25 min------10 min---20 min(mono)
    Epcot 10 min-- 15 min-----20 min------10 min---15 min
    MGM 10 min----12 min-----15 min------15 min---20min
    AK 10 min------20min-------15 min----15 min---20 min
    DTD 15 min----20 min------20 min-----15 min---35 min

It only takes 10 minutes to get to Epcot,MGM and AK from All Stars.
    MK is 20 min away. That's the same amount of time it takes on the monorail from the Contemporary.

A WORD ABOUT BUS SHARING

To me Bus Sharing at the All Stars is really a non issue.

Quite often in the early mornings each All Star has it's own dedicated bus.
    It is usually just our stop and maybe one more on the way to the parks. On the way back sometimes it is all 3 but often Sports and Music share and Movies has it's own bus back.

I guess some people who stay at POP see all 3 All Star names on the return sign of our bus stop when they head to the POP bus stop and think All Stars also has 3 stops on the way to the park.
    (Even when we stop at another AS resort to load up it has not taken more than 5 minutes and we are on our way!)

Have fun wherever you choose to stay.

15. casey49781

casey49781 Mouseketeer

no flames please ,,,i just thought has anyone gone over the limit by one,,,we have 3 adults and 4 kids should i try it booking a suite,,, and bring a Coleman® kid's Secret Sleeper Quick Bed along,,,,how much trouble would i be in,,,,,

16. DebIreland

DebIreland ಠvಠ

Hi Casey,
    What age is the youngest? If he/she is under 3 you'll be ok in the suite as, according to Allearsnet it's "6, plus one child in a Pak-n-Play crib". If not, then perhaps you could consider renting points from a DVC member for a 2 bedr. villa at Old Key West which, during regular season, costs 24 points per night Sun to Thurs inclusive (Fri and Sat nights are *much* more expensive). If you're lucky and find a DVC member who will rent for 10 dollars per point then that would cost 240 per night (Sun to Thurs) with no tax. Just something to consider. Of course the points vary according to season.

Other than that I guess 2 value rooms and then you could quality too for AAA discounts or Annual Pass discounts which don't seem to be available for the suites.

It's really hard to try to find accommodation for bigger families at WDW. I honestly don't know what would happen if you just left one person off the reservation. I do know that everyone needs to show a room key to avail of Extra Magic Hours though. I'm sure others will have more information and I hope you don't get flamed. Here's a hug in case you do :hug: :)

Edited to add: Don't forget that with 3 adults in the suite, even if you are able to book one, you'll need to pay extra for the third adult. I don't know how much extra but it will increase your rate again making it a fair bit more expensive than 2 rooms.

17. crjack

crjack DIS Veteran

Thanks for all of the great info and pictures. I knew they had to sleep more than 4 people so I assumed the chair was a fold-out option as well.

We have stayed both on-site and off and as my children have gotten older we have really enjoyed having more space so it's been off-site for the last few trips.

I think it's great that Disney is providing this option and the pricing is better than I expected.

Thanks again!

18. GurGie

GurGie Mouseketeer

check out the DVC Rent/Trade Board on DIS lots of folks willing to rent points out. Our room at Pop was limited to 4 but we encountered no problems at all having 5.

19. Nik's Mom

Nik's Mom Karl Pilkington is a genius

minnie61650,
    You are a wealth of knowledge. I'm getting more excited about this. I didn't realize AS Movies was so close! If we can just walk over to check it out, the kids would be happy with that. And the suite looks amazing!

We have an autistic child and giving him some extra room to relax is very important. The suite is just perfect for our family. We normally stay at a deluxe because it offers a more relaxing atmosphere. For us, it's not about the upgraded restaurants, etc. But it sounds like Music is laid back, so that will be good for our ds. And when the kids want to see the Movie section, we'll just walk over!

LInda, Have you ever thought of starting an All Star Music FAQ? Thanks for your advice. You have converted me to a value resort! :teeth: :thumbsup2