Disney's ALL-STAR MOVIES RESORT Information & Questions

If staying in the Mighty Ducks section, is it as convenient as it seems to walk next door to use the buses/eat? Seems like it's a closer walk to go there, than to go to the Movies main area. Time wise, what would the walk be (assuming under 5 minutes). Seems like a better idea to do that than pay for preferred to me.

we did just that when we stayed in the mighty ducks section.. we used the ducks "quiet" pool other than that, we used th music food court, buses and pool bar. we have stayed at most of the disney resorts and discovered that, no matter how pretty the long route is and how ugly (parking lot, cars, etc) the short route is, after one or two days, you will take the shortest route, wherever you are going. which had us walking along the parking lot from Little mermaid (at AOA)to the buses and food court everytime, rather than through the pretty lion king section. (esp since, not only does the path meander , but it makes youwalk around a circle of grass , with nothing in it , for no good reason.. lol)

Last edited:
If staying in the Mighty Ducks section, is it as convenient as it seems to walk next door to use the buses/eat? Seems like it's a closer walk to go there, than to go to the Movies main area. Time wise, what would the walk be (assuming under 5 minutes). Seems like a better idea to do that than pay for preferred to me.

It is that convenient. In the mornings I used the Music bus stop rather than the Movies bus stop, and typically those early buses weren't sharing with Movies. When returning to Movies, you also have the option of taking either the Music or Movies bus.

Not that it's a long walk from Mighty Ducks to the Movies main building, but the Music food court/buses/main pool is also close(r) to Mighty Ducks. So it's a good choice when staying at Movies so you have several options.

im staying in movies next month can someone tell me the costs for the laundry service

Self-service laundry is $2 per wash and $2 per dry.

Valet laundry will have a bag in the room with a list of rates. I am not sure what the current rates are, but the last time I was there, I think they were about $6/shirt and $6/pants.

If staying in the Mighty Ducks section, is it as convenient as it seems to walk next door to use the buses/eat? Seems like it's a closer walk to go there, than to go to the Movies main area. Time wise, what would the walk be (assuming under 5 minutes).

Way under 5 minutes-make it about 2 minutes!:)

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

Last edited:
Way under 5 minutes-make it about 2 minutes!:)

Looking back at Ducks after crossing the "Movies/Music Way"(my name for it:)).
20169209308_932396217b_z.jpg

Looking back at crosswalk for Movies/Music Way
19736293563_f595fb11d4_z.jpg

Turning and looking down the sidewalk to Music(all 3 pictures taken from the same spot)

Wow! Thank you so much for those pictures! Seems like a great place to stay. We'll do a split stay with Contemporary at the end, so this will be a great place to save a few bucks at the beginning of our trip.

I'm staying at movies in a few weeks. I have a preferred wheelchair accessible room. I went to do my online check in and it didn't give Fantasia as an option. Does anyone know why? I called but the cm on the phone didn't know why.
Im very excited to stay here for my first trip to WDW! Any advice for the bus or anything else at the resort?

Last edited:
Since 3 of the 5 buildings are preferred it may be that there are no wheelchair accessible rooms in the Fantasia buildings. We stayed at Mighty Ducks in a wheelchair accesible room even though we didn't ask for it. As you can see we love ASMo.

I'm staying at movies in a few weeks. I have a preferred wheelchair accessible room. I went to do my online check in and it didn't give Fantasia as an option. Does anyone know why? I called but the cm on the phone didn't know why.
Im very excited to stay here for my first trip to WDW! Any advice for the bus or anything else at the resort?

Unfortunately, "Fantastia section" appears to simply be an omission from the online requests. In all the examples I've seen for ASMo online check-in, Fantasia hasn't been listed.

Disney's online check-in isn't all that "smart" and it doesn't update based on your reservation...it just shows all the request types regardless.

So if you want to request Fantasia, and you haven't already, you can call back and add it.

(Historically the online requests for ASMo has also had "Dalmatians" misspelled as "Dalmations" all this time too...)

Unfortunately, "Fantastia section" appears to simply be an omission from the online requests. In all the examples I've seen for ASMo online check-in, Fantasia hasn't been listed.

Disney's online check-in isn't all that "smart" and it doesn't update based on your reservation...it just shows all the request types regardless.

So if you want to request Fantasia, and you haven't already, you can call back and add it.

(Historically the online requests for ASMo has also had "Dalmatians" misspelled as "Dalmations" all this time too...)

Thank you! I'll be sure to call disney! Would I be able to do my online check in and then call to make the request as well?

Would I be able to do my online check in and then call to make the request as well?

Sure. Just skip the room request section during online check in. That's what we have always done because what we like to request at CBR is an option during online check in.

Are the bus arrival monitors at Movies. I thought I read somewhere that they were. Just saw a post on Facebook that says they are at Sports but says nothing about Movies.

Are the bus arrival monitors at Movies. I thought I read somewhere that they were. Just saw a post on Facebook that says they are at Sports but says nothing about Movies.

Yes, all 3 All Stars have them now.

Thanks I don't like that they put all of the Super Duper FAQ threads for the resorts under one heading.

Today's article on the DIS was specifically about seeing the bus monitors at All-Star Sports, among other resorts, because that's where the reporter visited. But as dansdad says above, other posters have spotted the monitors at all three All-Star resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter